Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2011, 11:32   #3121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Dear members.
It is al,ost one year of the Vento in the market. Some one might have gone for the Ist service of 15K kms. As it is totally paid service from day one onwards.Please Let you share your experiences of the cost for the service.
To add to the inputs of Ninja , which is correct , the quotes include cost of consumables such as engine oil , etc so it works out as nothing extraordinarily expensive. In fact if I am not mistaken even in the free service of other cars , they anyways charge us for the consumables such as engine oil , brake oil, etc - don't they ?
Old 1st October 2011, 16:23   #3122
BHPian

Just read this at the cardekho website. Does it mean that there is something more in the offing than the current changes in TDi HL ?

Auto News India - VW Vento facelift may clash with Honda City facelift | CarDekho.com

VW Vento facelift may clash with Honda City facelift

By CarDekho Team 01 Oct, 2011 at 2:44:58 PM
According to the latest reports, Volkswagen India is going to launch a new Volkswagen Vento towards October end this year. The car was spotted in Chakan near the Volkswagen’s manufacturing facility. Only time will decide if Volkswagen could provide the projector headlamps and other features to compete against the rival Honda City facelift....
Old 1st October 2011, 18:20   #3123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock22 View Post
Just read this at the cardekho website. Does it mean that there is something more in the offing than the current changes in TDi HL ?

Auto News India - VW Vento facelift may clash with Honda City facelift | CarDekho.com

VW Vento facelift may clash with Honda City facelift
Wow , if this happens the its great news ! Honda City was the primary target when Vento was launched , now VW has to fend off Hyundai too - I think the price point wars have changed , Honda has been firmly dislodged off the pricing premium game and now sit at one notch below VW and Hyundai from the position where they were at par with VW and one notch above Hyundai. Even if its a response to the City upgrade I am happy that VW is upping the ante , why take the foot off the throat of Honda ?
Good times for the buyer I must say
Old 1st October 2011, 19:05   #3124
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock22 View Post
I am not so confident of the news bits from Cardekho website. And more changes so immediately after the recent updates? Good for the new buyers if it happens.

Vento friends: Does the car have 3-point seat belt for the rear middle seat?
Old 1st October 2011, 19:29   #3125
BHPian

With the Vento delivery looming large I am wondering if I should change the tyres upfront as that's when you get the best resale value for the stock ones. More than grip, I am interested in the ride part over potholes and bad roads. How does Apollo handle bad roads over low speeds? My SE told me Vento comes with Apollo or JK or MRF. I have heard very bad reviews about JK tyres though the ones I have in my esteem have been pretty good.
Old 1st October 2011, 21:25   #3126
Senior - BHPian

Nope. No 3 point belt, just the 2 point lap belt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post

Vento friends: Does the car have 3-point seat belt for the rear middle seat?
@prabhuferrari - Apollo or JK, if you are planning to change it, please do it at the time of delivery. I just posted my experience with apollo on my ownership thread and trust me its nothing to write home about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
With the Vento delivery looming large I am wondering if I should change the tyres upfront as that's when you get the best resale value for the stock ones. More than grip, I am interested in the ride part over potholes and bad roads. How does Apollo handle bad roads over low speeds? My SE told me Vento comes with Apollo or JK or MRF. I have heard very bad reviews about JK tyres though the ones I have in my esteem have been pretty good.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2011, 03:39   #3127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Prabhu avoid JKs at all cost ( fight tooth nail with the dealer, if required) they are lousy tyres and are plain dangerous for a high torque car like Vento IMO . I know Bala has had a difficult experience with Apollo but my experience with the accelere's have been pretty good . Not a single puncture in the nearly 7 months and 13K of ownership and I drive through roads daily which in normal circumstances would qualify as paddy fields. The route has lot of overbridge and road construction going on so you can imagine the torture the tyres go through while travelling through all that crap . I do get the tyre pressure checked religiously once every week , a discipline which is difficult to follow with a Vento since a tankful of diesel lasts 'terribly' long! I maintain pressures of 31/32 and the ride is comfortable enough and the grip is good - have driven on the expressway in pouring rains and experienced it . The biggest pain point with the Apollos is that they are terribly noisy on the highway - so once I am done with 15 K servicing and adequately aware of the behaviour of the car and adequately familiarized to develop a feel about with how much it would cost to void the warranty I plan to upsize and change to Yoko C drive or similar tyres which are less noisy
Old 2nd October 2011, 05:06   #3128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
I drive through roads daily which in normal circumstances would qualify as paddy fields. The route has lot of overbridge and road construction going on so you can imagine the torture the tyres go through while travelling through all that crap .

I plan to upsize and change to Yoko C drive or similar tyres which are less noisy
The Yokos are much softer tyres - so with the roads you are talking about, it would be a bad move! Harder tyres for bad roads!
Old 2nd October 2011, 19:03   #3129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyur View Post
The Yokos are much softer tyres - so with the roads you are talking about, it would be a bad move! Harder tyres for bad roads!
Thanks for sharing your experience . Something that I learnt from my dad is that once you keep the tyres pressure perfect , its very tough to puncture a tyre ( a gash is something else ) and in his 35 years of driving he has never had a puncture which left him stranded - I can swear that he does not know how to put on a spare tyre on and he has always been self driven till he crossed 65 years of age around 3 years back .
I am pretty bugged by the tyre noise of the stock Apollos and I have heard Yoko C are quiet tyres and not as soft as the Michelin's so is a good compromise
Old 2nd October 2011, 19:33   #3130
BHPian

Quote:
once you keep the tyres pressure perfect , its very tough to puncture a tyre ( a gash is something else )

I am pretty bugged by the tyre noise of the stock Apollos and I have heard Yoko C are quiet tyres and not as soft as the Michelin's so is a good compromise
The punctures are not the issue (in steel belted radials, punctures are hardly an issue) - the tread will wear out faster - potholes will burst the tyres more easily. You will hardly find any punctures, but will face more side wall damages - which means no repairs, direct replacements.

Bridgestones would be a better option for you over Yokos. That's just a suggestion - I am suffering with even the Apollos, hence the suggestion!
Old 2nd October 2011, 19:47   #3131
Senior - BHPian

Highly recommended, Problem is, you will not get a good rate for apollos after 15k on the odo. While you are at it, consider the michelins primacy LC and the continental premium contact CPC2 too. Price difference between each other will be in the range of 200-300 Rs but they will make a world of difference compared to the stock ones.

Quote:
Old 3rd October 2011, 00:10   #3132
Senior - BHPian

With the stock tyres I am finding the stopping distance is a bit more. Not sure if this is due to the setup or tyres or abs.
Also during hard braking there was a screeching noise from tyres, but I did not feel any pulsation in the pedal. Is it normal. Is the abs ok.
Body control was fine. But I feel stopping distance a bit bothersome.
Has anybody faced any such issues.
Old 3rd October 2011, 00:37   #3133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Highly recommended, Problem is, you will not get a good rate for apollos after 15k on the odo. While you are at it, consider the michelins primacy LC and the continental premium contact CPC2 too. Price difference between each other will be in the range of 200-300 Rs but they will make a world of difference compared to the stock ones.
Well, the reason I didn't go for a change of stock immediately was that I wanted to do at least 15 k before breaking the warranty - I always knew that I would upsize, the gaps between the tyre and the wheel arches begs an upsize . I don't mind that the Apollos would fetch me next to nothing, actually I have half a mind to store them in our loft to use them in case I need to. Thanks for mentioning continental , need to check them out . I have had a good experience with Bridgestones on my swift too . Still got 2 K kms to chew on and decide .

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
With the stock tyres I am finding the stopping distance is a bit more. Not sure if this is due to the setup or tyres or abs.
Also during hard braking there was a screeching noise from tyres, but I did not feel any pulsation in the pedal. Is it normal. Is the abs ok.
Body control was fine. But I feel stopping distance a bit bothersome.
Has anybody faced any such issues.
Haven't had a problem with the stopping distance , no screeching noise from the tyres too - i had a couple of instances where I needed to brake hard and it was adequate . When the ABS kicks in ( had it 2-3 times on a mucky road strewn with gravels ) its the usual pulsation in the pedal thats there .
Old 3rd October 2011, 01:06   #3134
Senior - BHPian

For all those who think Yokos are soft tires, these are the AVSdBs on my car and if you could see the rural roads that these tires traverse every other month you would use these on your 4x4s.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-alloys.jpg

Quote:

Of course if you want even harder tires then C drives and the hardest of them all the S drives (both are Yokos again)are the ones to go for.

Last edited by khoj : 3rd October 2011 at 01:09.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 09:47   #3135
BHPian

Sorry to pull the conversation away. I need some advice folks: I'm gearing up for a long drive (a lot of highway driving involved). My car (Vento Highline petrol) is about 3 months old and has just 650KM on it. I had a couple of questions before I hit the road (which is in about 2 weeks from now). I put this question here since the first 2 questions atleast were Vento specific. Feel free to move post elsewhere Mods.

I plan on installing sunfilm. I figured I'd play it safe with a 50% tint. QUESTION: The dealer wouldn’t void warranty would he (or should be) if I get this done from 3rd party (I was going to use the 3M guys in HSR, Bangalore)? I was especially concerned that in the chance I have a breakdown of any sort out of Bangalore or Karnataka for that matter, the dealer in that state shouldn’t bump me off for parts under warranty only because I got the car filmed from a non-volkswagen dealer.

With just 650KM on the engine, is it a safe bet to get the car of this kind on the highway? I'm looking at driving about 3000+KM in 2 weeks (lot of stopping).

Back in college, I would always get my bike tuned before hitting the highways. I have to admit I have no idea what the tune-up involved but we took it for granted that it needs to be done. Are there any similar considerations for a new car? (drive below xxxRPM/Magic lubes/oil topups?) It has just 650KM on it and that too as regular city driving.

Non-Vento Question: Anyone done Bangalore-Nasik in the last couple of months? I heard NH4 is awesome - I'm hoping the rains haven't caused any damage to the roads.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 3rd October 2011 at 14:33. Reason: Formatting tags removed. Please remove formatting tags when copying from an external editor.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks