Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2011, 23:37   #676
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota Etios : Test Drive & Review

Some updates to the interiors are coming up for the Etios and the Liva. Mostly it is to do with the interiors.

Expect a price hike by around 10-15K for these changes. Will keep this thread updated as and when more information is received.
Old 4th December 2011, 01:30   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Got a news that Etios will have a slightly updated dash coming soon. It could be a change of color or may be the design. The news is from someone who works at the plant, so should be true. I could not extract much info due to lack of time.
Can you extract some info about the time frame in which it's going to hit the Toyota showrooms ?

Poorly designed & Poor quality dash is the deal braker in most of the cases, as the Door pads are still adequate in terms of looks & feel.
Though Slim but its seats are also comfortable.

I'm guessing the Auto Expo2012 to be best occasion to introduce the updated Etios twins in the country.
Fingers crossed till then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Some updates to the interiors are coming up for the Etios and the Liva. Mostly it is to do with the interiors.

Expect a price hike by around 10-15K for these changes. Will keep this thread updated as and when more information is received.
That much price hike is hugely justified if Toyota brings about even a bit of Qualis/Innova like Plastic feel in an Etios/Liva.
A bit of Re-speccing of Diesel variants of Liva is also needed to bring in more Customer Interests in it.

One more Poorly finished area, which i came across every time when i see the Etios/Liva is the Steering cowl area(around the keyhole), as shown in the pic below. The car shown is a display Liva P in showroom.
Toyota Etios : Test Drive & Review-dsc01941.jpg
Just check out the Inconsistent gaps around the keylock & around Headlamp/Indicator stalk root.
Same was the case with Liva GD also.
Definitely Punto has got the company here but this one is really even more worse than FIAT.
Old 4th December 2011, 08:33   #678
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post

One more Poorly finished area, which i came across every time when i see the Etios/Liva is the Steering cowl area(around the keyhole), as shown in the pic below. The car shown is a display Liva P in showroom.
Just check out the Inconsistent gaps around the keylock & around Headlamp/Indicator stalk root.
Same was the case with Liva GD also.
Definitely Punto has got the company here but this one is really even more worse than FIAT.
The plastic around the key hole area is not held tight by a screw. The whole plastic assembly sits in a clip position. When people try to adjust the tilt steering by apply more pressure on the tilt adjust lever, invariably this plastic piece moves around. It can be easily put in place by properly adjusting and pushing it into place. But note, even in this spec design, the plastic doesn't rattle.

Have passed this feedback already to the SA and Toyota. Lets wait and see.
Old 21st December 2011, 15:23   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post

Attachment 851421
Nice observation CRtorquefan. But it is possible that Toyota consciuosly ignored this inconsistent gap around the keyhole area since not many could see it unless told to look specifically there. Even so, one needs to bend their head at an odd angle to be able to look at this inconsistency.
Old 21st December 2011, 17:01   #680
BHPian

Nothing much to update on my car. It has crossed 5500 km in 5 months - more miles than I normally would in a similar time period. Etios certainly drives me to drive more.

Mileage steadying around 11 to 12 kmpl in city (more of 11 than 12). I am hoping that it would improve further after 10,000 Kms like it did after crossing 3,000 kms.

The huge panel gaps around the windshield and rear glass accumulate lots of leaves (Etios, the green car??). Any aftermarket solution available to fill this gap?

There are no issues other than this one. It has been a delight to possess & drive. It also feels good to spot lots of Etios on the Chennai roads these days (Liva can also be spotted but still is a less common sight).
Old 21st December 2011, 18:29   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amateurpro View Post
Nothing much to update on my car. It has crossed 5500 km in 5 months - more miles than I normally would in a similar time period. Etios certainly drives me to drive more.

Mileage steadying around 11 to 12 kmpl in city (more of 11 than 12). I am hoping that it would improve further after 10,000 Kms like it did after crossing 3,000 kms.

The huge panel gaps around the windshield and rear glass accumulate lots of leaves (Etios, the green car??). Any aftermarket solution available to fill this gap?

There are no issues other than this one. It has been a delight to possess & drive. It also feels good to spot lots of Etios on the Chennai roads these days (Liva can also be spotted but still is a less common sight).
+1 to this. I usually avoid trees while parking lest fallen leaves get accumulated. Also dust accumulating on the inner side of door panel requires some conscious cleaning.
Other than this absolutely no issues with 12k kms on the Odo in 9 months. I continue to fall in love with the driving experience, no rattles, no seepage etc.
10K servicing cost was 1185.
Old 21st December 2011, 21:29   #682

Nandi Toyota is offering to paint the dashboard (incl. all door panels) in beige, matt black and grey combi or full matt black or full grey for a price of 15k. The new color options makes the dashboard more appealing to look. I've opted for full matt black in my Etios V petrol variant. Getting delivery next week. Booked V variant for 7.10 lakh. Also today I've noticed full sound insulator in bonnet. Last week there was another car for display and there was only half sound insulator in bonnet. Is this the change Toyota is talking about? Anyways, door beading is still not available as an option.
Old 21st December 2011, 22:28   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furman View Post
Nandi Toyota is offering to paint the dashboard (incl. all door panels) in beige, matt black and grey combi or full matt black or full grey for a price of 15k. The new color options makes the dashboard more appealing to look. I've opted for full matt black in my Etios V petrol variant. Getting delivery next week. Booked V variant for 7.10 lakh. Also today I've noticed full sound insulator in bonnet. Last week there was another car for display and there was only half sound insulator in bonnet. Is this the change Toyota is talking about? Anyways, door beading is still not available as an option.
Congrats Furman on a nice enhancement job done. Please upload the images of the enhanced dashboard. I am sure it would look awesome and would love to see it.
Old 21st December 2011, 22:31   #684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heman_369 View Post
+1 to this. I usually avoid trees while parking lest fallen leaves get accumulated. Also dust accumulating on the inner side of door panel requires some conscious cleaning.
Other than this absolutely no issues with 12k kms on the Odo in 9 months. I continue to fall in love with the driving experience, no rattles, no seepage etc.
A cost of 1185 was fairly reasonable for the 10K service. Gr8 to hear about the trouble-free performance. I wish you clock a million happy miles with Etios.
Old 21st December 2011, 23:04   #685
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heman_369 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by amateurpro View Post
A cost of 1185 was fairly reasonable for the 10K service.
"Fairly Reasonable" ?? I would call it dirt cheap! My Swift VDi costs a 3.5K for 10K servicing.

I guess this is where Toyota is still shining. I have read the high service costs of Hyundai and feel that Maruti is going the same way. I was surprised to know that the Innova service costs are lesser than my Swift.
Old 22nd December 2011, 00:52   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
"Fairly Reasonable" ?? I would call it dirt cheap! My Swift VDi costs a 3.5K for 10K servicing.

I guess this is where Toyota is still shining. I have read the high service costs of Hyundai and feel that Maruti is going the same way. I was surprised to know that the Innova service costs are lesser than my Swift.
True, it is real cheap. Infact, my first service at 800 kms/ 1 month cost me Rs. 19. Got to know from an Etios owner that second service cost him approx 1200 Rs. Specially, when you compare it with VW or SKoda service prices, you feel its a steal
Old 22nd December 2011, 09:24   #687
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 18th January 2012 at 14:27.
amateurpro is offline   Received Infraction
Old 23rd December 2011, 12:24   #688
BHPian

An announcement from Toyota regarding recall of 41,000 no's of Etios / Liva in India. Please follow the link below for the TOI article.

Toyota recalls 41k units of Etios, Liva - The Times of India
Old 26th December 2011, 12:52   #689
BHPian

My last highway trip this weekend returned a mileage of 14 kmpl. The 450 km stretch was primarily on state highways (1 lane on either side with no medians - missed the new NH with medians). So the speed was varying widely between 60 kmph and 100 kmph in state highways. Around 80 kms of this trip was done on very bad roads and we could move only at snail's pace there. This could explain the drop in mileage partly. I still expected a slightly better mileage. I guess the filler hose change scheduled this week could help improve mileage a bit.
Old 16th January 2012, 10:43   #690
BHPian

Here are the latest prices of Etios at Hyderabad (with waiting period of 1 to 2 months for diesel) :

Toyota Etios : Test Drive & Review-toyotaetioshyderabad.jpg

Some trivia :

The extra amounts that dealers charge over and above the ex show room prices vary from city to city as you all know and also vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.

Figures below are valid for Hyderabad as in first half of January 2012 :

Nissan Sunny : Rs. 14,950 Logistics Charges & Rs. 6,500 Standard Accessories ; Includes 2 Years / 50K Km Warranty ; Extended warranty available for Rs. 6,999 ; It is compulsory to buy standard accessories which are 2 front foot mats(Yipes, no rear foot mats), 1 boot mat, 4 mud flaps & 1 body cover (Yipes again, no choice whether you want it or not) ;

Skoda Rapid : Rs. 9,990 Logistics and Facilitation Charges ; Extended Warranty for Rapid not yet announced ; Rs. 250 Life Tax & TR Service Charges ; Accessories at actual though not compulsory ; Insurance to be taken compulsorily through dealer (they have no idea what I am supposed to do with my 65% NCB) ;

Tata Manza : Rs. 3,500 Customer Care Charges & Rs. 4,690 Extended Warranty & Rs. 10,500 AMC(?) ; Source Bblost's Post : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2615285 ; I have no idea what they mean by all these as I have personally not enquired for a Manza ;

Toyota Etios : Rs. 6,870 as Handling Charges ; Includes 3 Years / 1 Lakh Km Warranty ; Accessories at actuals with no compulsion to buy them ;

Now, go figure out which manufacturer is more customer friendly.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks