Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2011, 22:05   #661
BHPian

Re: Toyota Etios : Test Drive & Review

My relative has recently purchased an Etios (P). He wants to know what are the ideal tire pressure (psi -front and rear) he should maintain so that he can maximize the FE.

Can any Etios petrol car owner help us this?

Thanks for your help. Regards, mohandas.
Old 10th November 2011, 23:04   #662
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandas View Post
My relative has recently purchased an Etios (P). He wants to know what are the ideal tire pressure (psi -front and rear) he should maintain so that he can maximize the FE.

Can any Etios petrol car owner help us this?

Thanks for your help. Regards, mohandas.
You can have 32 on the front and 30 on the rear. Even 32 all round is ok. If you want plusher ride, stick to 30 psi
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2011, 15:15   #663
BHPian

Toyota to enter motorsport in India

I hope this gets all Etios/Liva owners excited.
Old 30th November 2011, 16:28   #664
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilmonkey View Post
Toyota to enter motorsport in India

I hope this gets all Etios/Liva owners excited.
I don't quite get it! The customers have to buy an Etios first, then rally prepare the car? What's the point in it? After the race, will Toyota buy the car after the damage repairs or discounting the repair costs ? And I am not sure "how fun" Etios is going to be on international circuits!
Old 30th November 2011, 20:20   #665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I don't quite get it! The customers have to buy an Etios first, then rally prepare the car? What's the point in it? After the race, will Toyota buy the car after the damage repairs or discounting the repair costs ? And I am not sure "how fun" Etios is going to be on international circuits!
Its just an view given there but the announcement is still pending,so there is a lot of unclear information about it. It is being compared to VW Polo Cup.
The car will be race modified so you can be sure "how fun" the Etios will be looking at the dynamics of that car and the 1.5Ltr engine.
And finallly it is TRD so it will be promising.
Old 1st December 2011, 13:52   #666
Distinguished - BHPian

Etios doing great for TKM

"The Etios series has sold a total of 8, 271 units in November. This growth can also be attributed to our efforts of educating more and more customers about the cost benefits of petrol cars by understanding their requirement and usage.” The Etios and Etios Liva recorded a sale of 3,943 and 4,328 respectively along with the Innova clocking 4,308 units."

Toyota registers a growth of 266 percent in sales in November thanks to Etios and Liva | WheelsUnplugged
Old 1st December 2011, 16:06   #667
BHPian

^^^
Also interesting is the bit about the push being given to the slow-moving petrol-burners by "educating the customers"

Last edited by RadiantKarma : 1st December 2011 at 16:07.
Old 1st December 2011, 20:37   #668
Distinguished - BHPian

Got a news that Etios will have a slightly updated dash coming soon. It could be a change of color or may be the design. The news is from someone who works at the plant, so should be true. I could not extract much info due to lack of time.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2011, 22:36   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantKarma View Post
^^^
Also interesting is the bit about the push being given to the slow-moving petrol-burners by "educating the customers"
Something like this ?

Ravindu December Dhamaka. Refer a friend to buy a Petrol Etios
or Petrol Liva and get Rs.5000 in fuel vouchers. Contact Ravindu Toyota
9379189795/96. T&C Apply.
Old 2nd December 2011, 06:07   #670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andromeda

Something like this ?

I've seen the sales team in some dealership pushing the customer towards petrol even when they come enquiring about the diesel. Maybe, they are taking a pro petrol stand overall?
Old 2nd December 2011, 06:41   #671
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Got a news that Etios will have a slightly updated dash coming soon. It could be a change of color or may be the design. The news is from someone who works at the plant, so should be true. I could not extract much info due to lack of time.
Thats fantastic news. I just hope it is the change in design rather. So many customers are put off by that central dash on the first glance and then are never able to outgrow that "weird feeling".

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
I've seen the sales team in some dealership pushing the customer towards petrol even when they come enquiring about the diesel. Maybe, they are taking a pro petrol stand overall?
Its evident across the board. The SAs are trying there best to clear out Petrol stocks. Diesels sell themselves. Just an example: My father went to see the Vento TDI on my insistence. The SA somehow managed to convince him to book a Petrol AT somehow . Ofcourse back home when I did the maths for him, he saw that he was just foxed into believing that Petrol is good for his running.
Old 2nd December 2011, 09:57   #672
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
The SAs are trying there best to clear out Petrol stocks. Diesels sell themselves.
There is a 45,000/- & 40,000/- discount on Etios & Liva petrol models respectively as of today's newspaper in Kerala! Now, that's some discount in no time after the launch!
Old 2nd December 2011, 11:55   #673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andromeda View Post
Something like this ?

Now that's another interesting bit - incentivising a referral!

I think "Educating the customer" is about talking a customer out of his decision to buy a diesel by offering him a plausible pro-petrol maths. What I find truly interesting though is the public acknowledgement of the success of this kind of sales push!

Quote:
Apart from the dash, while Toyota is tweaking the Etios/Liva, my wish list for the 'refurbishment' (mighty likely that Toyota is doing some minor cosmetic tweaking only and may ignore my wish)
  • Provide that controversial 'missing' rubber beading / gasket on the door
  • Give those conventional dual wipers in place of the single wiper
  • Improve the rear seat hinge / fastner for safety (as brought out by andromeda in another thread)
Quote:
There is a 45,000/- & 40,000/- discount on Etios & Liva petrol models respectively as of today's newspaper in Kerala! Now, that's some discount in no time after the launch!
That's huge! Zero insurance and exchange bonuses have long been doing rounds here. Possible reasons for this kind of discount
  • Petrols falling prey to worse days
  • Toyota already on the year-end discount mela
  • To clear up the stocks before putting the 'refurbished' product in the market
Old 2nd December 2011, 18:00   #674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious

Wow, that's one of the rare advantage to the consumers when the petrol prices shoots up.
Old 2nd December 2011, 20:24   #675
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This trend is going to continue upwards. Almost everyone I know who has recently bought a new car in the last 6 months or so, has gone for a diesel car except one friend who choose petrol only because she needed an AT box. And almost all these people will not be driving more then a 1000 kms a month and a Petrol car will not really appear any costlier compared to the diesel if one does the math. But its all to do with your psychology and the constant apprehension that the common man has developed towards this differential pricing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks