Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2012, 11:04   #1006
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
True,Yeti is a rare species in most cities because only few know about its abilities.
And many who have deep reservations about buying Skoda, despite the excellence of the Yeti.
Old 16th October 2012, 12:47   #1007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwanath.vish View Post
By the way, Sunil has blocked a Silver Elegance for me at a discount of around 2.2 Lacks with one of the dealers, pls PM me or Sunil if you need it we can have it arranged.
It is not possible to send a PM to you as yet. Please contact me on my email id lapsi@icai.org

Thanks.
Old 16th October 2012, 17:00   #1008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by j76 View Post
I had been checking on the Yeti Elegance, did a test drive and was mulling over whether I should buy now or wait till an automatic variant gets launched.
Something seems to be brewing because, yesterday the dealer calls and tells me that there are only three yetis left with him and that too Active variant being offered at a discount of 1.9 Lakhs. Coming to an on-road Mumbai price of about 14.xx lakhs.
When I asked about the Elegance he said that it doesnt look likely that they will receive anymore until 2013.
Hi j76, am also tilting, against all financial logic, towards the Yeti 4x2. Which dealer are you talking to? I live in Chandivili and we have Senator Motors that has opened shop close-by. Would appreciate your help in what seems is a common quest! Thanks!
Old 16th October 2012, 20:09   #1009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul-on-4wheels

Hi j76, am also tilting, against all financial logic, towards the Yeti 4x2. Which dealer are you talking to? I live in Chandivili and we have Senator Motors that has opened shop close-by. Would appreciate your help in what seems is a common quest! Thanks!
I also bought from senator but from their goregaon branch. Mr. Vikram Solanki was helping me out with the purchase and all. Try to contact him and see what he has to offer you.
sagpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2012, 21:42   #1010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achu View Post
When I lock all doors, the doors cant be opened from outside, for sure, but they seem to open just fine from the inside. How does one prevent someone (kids perhaps) opening the door while the car is in motion?
Nothing can be done on Ambition trim to fix this. I took car to service centre and they said best we can get is auto-lock at 15km/hr. This was not activated on my Yeti. Got that done but locked doors can still be opened from inside. It seems Elegance can be configured to require two pulls to open locked door from inside.. sad that is not possible on Ambition.

This remains one single biggest pain area for me in Yeti as I have two young kids enjoy fiddling with whatever they can.
Old 16th October 2012, 22:46   #1011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by j76 View Post
Active variant being offered at a discount of 1.9 Lakhs. Coming to an on-road Mumbai price of about 14.xx lakhs.
If this includes Skoda Assure and Ext Warranty then its a good price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyboy View Post
This remains one single biggest pain area for me in Yeti as I have two young kids enjoy fiddling with whatever they can.
I agree. Something which even the Indigo CS (my ol faithful) has. In fact, the ORVMs on the Indigo are so much better, IMHO. I find the size/height of the mirrors too tiny for the Yeti.

Thanks much!

Here are the snaps.. We love the fabric upholstery, goes very well with the rest of the car.

sorry about the back to back posts.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-1dsc_0100001.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-1dsc_0089001.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-1dsc_0086001.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-1dsc_0082001.jpg  

Last edited by Jaggu : 16th October 2012 at 23:29.
Achu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 01:46   #1012
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achu View Post
When I lock all doors, the doors cant be opened from outside, for sure, but they seem to open just fine from the inside. How does one prevent someone (kids perhaps) opening the door while the car is in motion?
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyboy View Post
Nothing can be done on Ambition trim to fix this. I took car to service centre and they said best we can get is auto-lock at 15km/hr. This was not activated on my Yeti. Got that done but locked doors can still be opened from inside. It seems Elegance can be configured to require two pulls to open locked door from inside.. sad that is not possible on Ambition..
I doubt it has anything to do with Ambition or Elegance. The locking system would remain the same. When the car is locked, the first pull of the handle from inside unlocks the doors, and the second one opens them. If the car is locked and the cars doors open on the first pull of the handle then something is up, please get it checked.

As for children not opening doors, activate the child lock. It should be visible on the rear door frames when the doors are open. Either you will have to push a switch up or insert the key into something and turn.
Old 17th October 2012, 08:05   #1013
BHPian

@agambhandari, had quoted your post, but something went wrong obviously, hence the headless thank you in the previous post.

The Yeti sightings are getting better already, three yesterday alone.
Old 17th October 2012, 12:00   #1014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I doubt it has anything to do with Ambition or Elegance. The locking system would remain the same. When the car is locked, the first pull of the handle from inside unlocks the doors, and the second one opens them. If the car is locked and the cars doors open on the first pull of the handle then something is up, please get it checked.

As for children not opening doors, activate the child lock. It should be visible on the rear door frames when the doors are open. Either you will have to push a switch up or insert the key into something and turn.
One can play around with the locking system using the software. In Elegance one gets the interface to do some setting ourselves. I think one can change from one pull to two pull or vice-versa but there is no additional way of child proofing other than to use child lock (I think).
Old 17th October 2012, 12:02   #1015
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin View Post
One can play around with the locking system using the software. In Elegance one gets the interface to do some setting ourselves. I think one can change from one pull to two pull or vice-versa but there is no additional way of child proofing other than to use child lock (I think).
What the maxidot display in the elegance gives you is the setting to change the unlock from single button to open all doors, or only drivers door at the first press and the rest of the doors at the second. This is for the keyfob, and not the internal unlocking mechanism.
Old 17th October 2012, 12:10   #1016
BHPian

Quote:
What the maxidot display in the elegance gives you is the setting to change the unlock from single button to open all doors, or only drivers door at the first press and the rest of the doors at the second. This is for the keyfob, and not the internal unlocking mechanism.
What all can be changed using the VAG-COM in the locking mechanism? I remember there were lot of options for the Fabia, in the manual. Haven't thoroughly gone through the Yeti's manual.

Auto lock at 15kmph
Single button - driver door only
Double full, single pull open? - my Fabia has double pull where as Yeti has single
What else?
Old 17th October 2012, 12:14   #1017
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin View Post
What all can be changed using the VAG-COM in the locking mechanism? I remember there were lot of options for the Fabia, in the manual. Haven't thoroughly gone through the Yeti's manual.

Auto lock at 15kmph
Single button - driver door only
Double full, single pull open? - my Fabia has double pull where as Yeti has single
What else?
Auto unlock is also possible. Don't remember the other things, if any.

Are you serious? Your Yeti, even if locked, opens the door on the first pull of an inside handle? Thats very weird, because every European car I've seen be it Skoda, Audi, BMW, Merc all have the double pull feature.
Old 17th October 2012, 12:31   #1018
BHPian

Quote:
Auto unlock is also possible. Don't remember the other things, if any.

Are you serious? Your Yeti, even if locked, opens the door on the first pull of an inside handle? Thats very weird, because every European car I've seen be it Skoda, Audi, BMW, Merc all have the double pull feature.
Pretty much sure. Polo, Vento and new Fabia (I guess) also have the same one pull system. I am not sure if this can be changed because it feels more mechanical than electrical. I like the two pull better for no specific reason, guess had gotten used to it. Other wise I like the Yeti's system better than Fabia. In Fabia opening the front passenger door too unlocks the whole system. This is one thing that can be changed, again guessing. Anyhow I would have liked the same system in both the cars as my wife and I keep switching. I fear it might confuse her some day . Just the other day she was not able to open the rear door to take out her bag.

Last edited by fi.robin : 17th October 2012 at 12:34.
Old 17th October 2012, 15:44   #1019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
I also bought from senator but from their goregaon branch. Mr. Vikram Solanki was helping me out with the purchase and all. Try to contact him and see what he has to offer you.
Thanks, buddy! Would you have Mr. Vikram Solanki's number? I will then get in touch with him and figure out if anything can be done. If you don't mind me asking, what was the OTR you paid for your Yeti?
Old 17th October 2012, 19:04   #1020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul-on-4wheels

Thanks, buddy! Would you have Mr. Vikram Solanki's number? I will then get in touch with him and figure out if anything can be done. If you don't mind me asking, what was the OTR you paid for your Yeti?
His number is +91 91-67-711187. I paid 15.68 (2.25L discount on actual OTR) for 4x2 ambition. But i think it was before the recent price hike.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks