Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2012, 01:14   #661
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Actually the thing is these dealers also have tie up with insurance companies. When I initially enquired about the cost of zero dep, dealer mentioned additional 10k after some negotiation. Later on I came to know that icici charges additional 5k only for zero dep, I asked this to dealer and his reply was that he is bettering on road price from any dealer in ncr (and he was), and its based on some internal calculation since he has to recover amount from somewhere. I was not bothered since he was giving a final price which was lower than all the dealer.
Old 25th July 2012, 04:50   #662
BHPian

During my purchase, I had enquired with HDFC for insurance and was quoted the same amount as the dealer, however upon enquiring for extended warranty upon taking insurance from HDFC I was told by my HDFC bank relation manager that this benefit will not be available to me if I went that route :-(. Which essentially meant that one is forced to buy insurance from the dealer. I was also told to claim the NCB during the second year of renewal of policy from Bajaj Allianz or an insurer of choice.
Old 25th July 2012, 06:38   #663
BHPian

As per Gurgaon dealer of Skoda, VW Finance has tied up with both ICICI and Bajaj Allianz, however claim settlement is smoother with Bajaj.

Not sure if dealer benefits differ and hence they push one over the other.

And, it is possible to get only extended warranty from dealer without buying insurance, if the car is part of corporate purchase and the organization doesn't buy comprehensive insurance. But this has to be built in initial negotiations, after discount has been finalized. In such cases, dealer needs ok from VW Finance which is a bit time consuming.

Last edited by bloodred : 25th July 2012 at 06:43.
Old 25th July 2012, 07:51   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
Anyone tried blind spot mirror on yeti. The side view mirror coverage is too amsll for my linking and was contemplating on the blind spot mirror
Moving Circle Blind Spot Mirror | eBay

The question is whether it will affect the day night OVRM in negative way (any damage) since it will be like stick on?
Abbey4u, I also feel the blind spot is more in yeti considering the size of the ORVM and the B pillar. fitting a blind spot mirror robs the already small ovrm space. good thought though.
Old 26th July 2012, 08:09   #665
BANNED

Guys, I am based in Ludhiana and looking to buy The Yeti. Got in touch with dealer. A few points:
-Only 4x2 Ambition and 4x4 Elegance Variants are available.
-About 80,000 off on the 4x2 and 1~1.1 L discount on the 4x4
My father spoke to the SE. Told him about the great discounts that BHPians got in Delhi and Bangalore. the SE only budged to about 1.1 L.
- These cars that he is offering are surely 2012 made. ( According to him the year for the model number starts with the Fiscal Year, so these are post April 2012).
I find it a little weird. But i suppose he refers to the CKDs being assembled after sometime. So there is some chance that these might even have 2012 Kits.

I seriously think that the Discount is too less and now I am contemplating buying the Car from New Delhi( if i can get a sweet deal there) and then driving it to ludhiana and getting a permanent regn. in Ludhiana.

If anyone can help, that would be great
Old 26th July 2012, 08:42   #666
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Do write to Behemoth in Delhi - he may be able to suggest the best course of action for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Guys, I am based in Ludhiana and looking to buy The Yeti. Got in touch with dealer. A few points:
I seriously think that the Discount is too less and now I am contemplating buying the Car from New Delhi( if i can get a sweet deal there) and then driving it to ludhiana and getting a permanent regn. in Ludhiana.

Old 26th July 2012, 11:16   #667
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
-Only 4x2 Ambition and 4x4 Elegance Variants are available.
-About 80,000 off on the 4x2 and 1~1.1 L discount on the 4x4
My father spoke to the SE. Told him about the great discounts that BHPians got in Delhi and Bangalore. the SE only budged to about 1.1 L.
- These cars that he is offering are surely 2012 made. ( According to him the year for the model number starts with the Fiscal Year, so these are post April 2012).
I find it a little weird. But i suppose he refers to the CKDs being assembled after sometime. So there is some chance that these might even have 2012 Kits.

Hi Agam,

You can check with the dealers in Delhi/ Gurgaon. The running discounts I have heard recently on the Elegance version 4x4 is around 2.25-2.4 Lacs for 2011 manufactured. For 4x2 variants it is in the range of 1-1.2 L.

Regarding Model Year, in Skoda language, any car made after May 2011 is a 2012 Model Year car, so don't let the dealer mislead you on this. Cars made after May 2012 will actually be a 2013 Model Year car.

Check the VIN # of the car that you shortlist and you can find out the actual Kit manufacturing date (at the source factory). Then further from the plastic cladding and invoice date you can get an idea of when the car was assembled in Aurangabad. Typically there is a 3-6 months gap between the two due to the sailing time and assembly schedules.
Typically, dealers in the bigger cities are sitting on larger and older stocks and hence are giving better prices than than the upcountry ones, who dont have old stock and hence not giving as good offers.

Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2012, 11:33   #668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Talk to Sachin Goel 09311279591 at Jai Auto, Bhikaji Kama Place, New Delhi. He gave me very good deal few months back when I was bargaining for my Superb, although I didn't pick it up from him due to registration issues.
Old 26th July 2012, 16:59   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Regarding Model Year, in Skoda language, any car made after May 2011 is a 2012 Model Year car, so don't let the dealer mislead you on this. Cars made after May 2012 will actually be a 2013 Model Year car.
That's useful info. Thanks Behemoth. I checked earlier this week with Europa in Pune and I was told that the discount would be 1.35 Lacs on Elegance and on all other variants it would be 1 Lac. I was told that all models are 2012 models, but as you are saying it is possible that this info is misleading. Not sure if the dealer will let me check the VIN.

Also another question is- it looks like only the Elegance version comes with an SD card reader and others don't even have SD or USB, is that correct? Also even though the entertainment system is different across variants do we get the same quality of speakers or does that also change? How much difference in music quality is there across variants? Has anyone checked that? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by MandarMax : 26th July 2012 at 17:01.
Old 26th July 2012, 17:27   #670
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandarMax

That's useful info. Thanks Behemoth. I checked earlier this week with Europa in Pune and I was told that the discount would be 1.35 Lacs on Elegance and on all other variants it would be 1 Lac. I was told that all models are 2012 models, but as you are saying it is possible that this info is misleading. Not sure if the dealer will let me check the VIN.

Also another question is- it looks like only the Elegance version comes with an SD card reader and others don't even have SD or USB, is that correct? Also even though the entertainment system is different across variants do we get the same quality of speakers or does that also change? How much difference in music quality is there across variants? Has anyone checked that? Thanks in advance.
If you are considering the yeti, you should go the Yard and note down the Vin number or take a pic of them and then check the Vin details online before making the deal.
I have the Swing system in my yeti and the sound quality is very good and comparable to the Bolero in the elegance. The swing one does not have a SD card slot so I use the aux in mostly.
Old 26th July 2012, 18:35   #671
BHPian

Hi all i had a few queries, i got mine last week.

1.The front door card on the driver side vibrates when playing music. I never expected this from a Skoda. Did anyone else face such issues less than a week after delivery.

2.In the MFD under CONVENIENCE - DOORS, there are 2 options for DOORS. MANUAL & AUTOMATIC.
I figured what AUTOMATIC CLOSING DOORS are which is they are speed sensitive & the doors are automatically locked. But what is AUTOMATIC OPENING DOORS.

3.Has anyone unfortunately had their monograms stolen. How much are they for new ones? I live in close proximity to Mumbai & Pune which are two cities prone to this menace.

I checked earlier this week with Europa in Pune and I was told that the discount would be 1.35 Lacs on Elegance and on all other variants it would be 1 Lac. I was told that all models are 2012 models, but as you are saying it is possible that this info is misleading. Not sure if the dealer will let me check the VIN.

Also another question is- it looks like only the Elegance version comes with an SD card reader and others don't even have SD or USB, is that correct?

1. I got my Yeti (Elegance) delivered on 18/07/12 (Europa Auto Pune). The dealer said he would offer me 1.35 lacs only if i went for the Skoda Shield. The dealer provided with me with the VIN and i did check online & found that it was June 2011. When i went to check out the car at the stockyard the sticker on the bonnet read 2/05/12 i.e. date of assembly. The whole process took about 20 days from advance payment to delivery.

2.Only the Elegance comes with SD card support. There is no USB support across any variant. Auxiliary support across all variants.

3.Also note the Elegance version now comes with Nevis 16" wheels previously (Moon 16") .

Note from Team-BHP Support: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread. Thanks.

Last edited by noopster : 27th July 2012 at 13:26. Reason: Refer mod note in post
Old 26th July 2012, 19:25   #672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoskooll View Post
1.The front door card on the driver side vibrates when playing music. I never expected this from a Skoda. Did anyone else face such issues less than a week after delivery.

2.In the MFD under CONVENIENCE - DOORS, there are 2 options for DOORS. MANUAL & AUTOMATIC.
I figured what AUTOMATIC CLOSING DOORS are which is they are speed sensitive & the doors are automatically locked. But what is AUTOMATIC OPENING DOORS.

3.Has anyone unfortunately had their monograms stolen. How much are they for new ones? I live in close proximity to Mumbai & Pune which are two cities prone to this menace.
1. I doubt if anyone would have faced the same particular issue. Kindly escalate the matter with your dealer and then with Skoda HQ, if necessary and check for any visible dents/bending of that particular door to rule out pre-delivery repairs to it and then get the door/speaker re-adjusted/re-tightened. Many a times Skoda cars which have been kept for months in the yard, are known to face some or the other storage dents/cracks maybe due to mishandling of their drivers, as also reported recently by another Yeti owner recently to his under carriage.
2. Automatic Opening just means that the doors with auto unlock once the car is stopped and keys taken out.
3. I believe Skoda was running a goodwill gesture recently to replace all stolen Skoda badges free of cost in the Mumbai region. Just drive into your dealership and ask for a goodwill replacement FOC. They should be more than willing to oblige once you remind them that this was an 'official' Skoda announcement.

Last edited by dkaile : 26th July 2012 at 19:27.
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2012, 19:35   #673
Team-BHP Support

My cousin is buying the Yeti 4X4 Elegance in Aqua mist color from the lone dealer in Bihar. Singh AutoCars @ Patna.

What freebies can he expect? He is getting his loan approved from SBI.
Old 26th July 2012, 20:32   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoskooll View Post
1. I got my Yeti (Elegance) delivered on 18/07/12 (Europa Auto Pune). The dealer said he would offer me 1.35 lacs only if i went for the Skoda Shield. The dealer provided with me with the VIN and i did check online & found that it was June 2011. When i went to check out the car at the stockyard the sticker on the bonnet read 2/05/12 i.e. date of assembly. The whole process took about 20 days from advance payment to delivery.
Congrats on your purchase. How was your overall buying experience? Any advice for dealing with Europa?

So did the dealer tell you this was 2011 car or 2012 car? Also, almost one year between manufacturing and assembly. Is this normal?

EDIT: One more question - The Ambition 4x4 and Elegance have the same state of engine tune and gearbox, correct?

Last edited by MandarMax : 26th July 2012 at 20:34.
Old 26th July 2012, 21:25   #675
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandarMax View Post
EDIT: One more question - The Ambition 4x4 and Elegance have the same state of engine tune and gearbox, correct?
Yes, Ambition 4x4 and Elegance 4x4 have the same engine and gearbox and state of tune.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks