Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2015, 14:59   #1891
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

I am facing low mileage since last 2k kms. I used to get 750+ kms on a tankful on highway but during my recent trip i got only around 550 kms. I have done 1.06 L kms and planning to send for service tomorrow. in between I am getting timing belt changed done now.
Old 3rd November 2015, 19:11   #1892
Team-BHP Support

Clutch appears to have given up. Calcutta doesn't have the part in stock. Will have to find out at Patna and maybe arrange for a flat-bed.

A friend can arrange parts if it won't be available at Patna, lets see how things go. Shall up-date.
Old 3rd November 2015, 21:42   #1893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Clutch appears to have given up.
How long did it last for you?
Old 4th November 2015, 09:42   #1894
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
How long did it last for you?
Car is at 1,03xxx mark. To me, clutch appears ok [it goes all in & doesn't come up] as when you mash the A pedal, it is going to pin you back to your seat.

The master cylinder appears the culprit to me. Will check & revert/update as to how things go.
Old 4th November 2015, 09:56   #1895
BHPian

Quote:
Car is at 1,03xxx mark. To me, clutch appears ok [it goes all in & doesn't come up] as when you mash the A pedal, it is going to pin you back to your seat.

The master cylinder appears the culprit to me. Will check & revert/update as to how things go.
Can you explain a bit more on why do you feel clutch has gone? Any warning signs you got before it happened? May be useful for others
Old 4th November 2015, 09:59   #1896
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
Can you explain a bit more on why do you feel clutch has gone? Any warning signs you got before it happened? May be useful for others
I don't drive the car everyday. This is my cousin's car. Driver/chauffeur said me today that he was feeling as if something is wrong with the clutch for past couple of days, so there were signs.

But the issue is yet to be pinpointed. Let that happen, shall update.
Old 20th November 2015, 12:12   #1897
BHPian

Quote:
I don't drive the car everyday. This is my cousin's car. Driver/chauffeur said me today that he was feeling as if something is wrong with the clutch for past couple of days, so there were signs.

But the issue is yet to be pinpointed. Let that happen, shall update.
Any update . what all were replaced and if you let us know the cost
Old 21st November 2015, 12:37   #1898
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This is now fixed. The part number is G055175A2. It comes in 1 Ltr bottle and Haldex Coupling will be clearly written on it.
http://www.ecstuning.com/ES12051/

Cost 2200 for Oil and 300 for Labour.
Same story with my dealer here. They received the wrong part number for the Haldex oil, and sent it back. Now due to receive the correct part on Monday, and hopefully receive the car then. Another 5 days gone for a regular service thanks to parts not being available.
Old 21st November 2015, 13:53   #1899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Same story with my dealer here. They received the wrong part number for the Haldex oil, and sent it back. Now due to receive the correct part on Monday, and hopefully receive the car then. Another 5 days gone for a regular service thanks to parts not being available.
Even when their customers find the right part nos. for them, they manage to order the wrong parts. That has happened in my case earlier. These guys deserve to be

Thankfully things have improved with the new dealer in my place. But I am tired of these service centres anyways. They are not meant for people who really love to pamper their cars. I am yet to find an authorized dealer with that level of service, atleast in my area.
Old 7th December 2015, 13:29   #1900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Slave cyl and Thrust bearing??? if it's that then you have to take off the GB & all to get at it. at 1 lac plus would they recommend changing flywheel and Clutch assy too?

Quote:
If it's the Slave cyl & Thrust Bearing assembly then I've been through it at 14k kms

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 7th December 2015 at 13:36.
Old 18th December 2015, 21:09   #1901
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Any update . what all were replaced and if you let us know the cost
Car is still @ Skoda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
Slave cyl and Thrust bearing??? if it's that then you have to take off the GB & all to get at it. at 1 lac plus would they recommend changing flywheel and Clutch assy too?
We are not getting any update save for that parts are being air couriered. Didn't know air courier takes 4/5 days.

Skoda has unethically made my cousin transfer Rs. 50,000 to their account in the name of spare parts. I shall keep you people posted. This is for the first time I have heard a company asking its customer to pay for spares beforehand.
Old 14th January 2016, 12:39   #1902
BHPian

since sometime now, i feel that the sound insulation of the cabin is not up to the mark,
can someone tell me how to improve sound insulation inside the cabin?
Old 14th January 2016, 16:16   #1903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
since sometime now, i feel that the sound insulation of the cabin is not up to the mark,
can someone tell me how to improve sound insulation inside the cabin?
You can improve this by damping. There are various damping mats available. However i am not sure how much can be improved
abbey4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2016, 17:32   #1904
BHPian

My Yeti has been sitting idle for a couple of months now as I've been using another car The Ecosport which I got recently. I crank it up at least every fortnight. Its just crossed 71k Kms. Its due for another full service. Have to get the Haldex Clutch Oil change done as well. After scouting around here and elsewhere on the Internet, the part number for the oil is G 055 175 A2. There have been issues with availability of this oil in the past. Thankfully it is available in stock. Will update as soon as I have it changed. The only other query I had was if the Haldex 4 unit also requires a filter change?
Name:  Screen Shot 20151023 at 3.37.31 AM.png
Views: 2469
Size:  509.0 KB

Last edited by autoskooll : 27th January 2016 at 17:34.
Old 30th January 2016, 15:13   #1905
BHPian

hi,
Fellow Yetians has Skoda changed some policy around extended warranty ?

The fuel flap of my Yeti has been behaving erratically lately. I went to JMD Kandivali to have this fixed and as per the service adviser, I am required to leave the car at the service center for 4-5 days as per standard extended warranty process to have this fixed. Last I had an issue with ABS sensor I had taken it to Senator and they had fixed it under 2 days covered by extended warranty. Never had to leave my cars for so long for an extended warranty replacement with Maruti/Honda. I am not comfortable leaving my car with the service center for so long for such a minor issue. I understand this can be fixed within a day.

Can someone please enlighten me?

Regards,
Faraz.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks