Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2012, 17:14   #1006
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Whatever discount they offer , please put in mind that it is for a three year old car .
Old 15th November 2012, 21:07   #1007
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Could you PM me this guy's number? I would like to TD the car. Which branch of Prerana is he from? Want to drag a friend of mine to make him feel what Fiat cars mean!!
Karthik SP is from Prerana Lalgagh. They do have a Tjet+ in Tuscan Wine color for test drive with stickers. They do not have any Tjet or Tjet+ in stock. If it is available in the factory, they can get it for you.

You have a PM. Please check.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2012, 21:40   #1008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
Whatever discount they offer , please put in mind that it is for a three year old car .
Three year old is not a very good idea.
Its better if the car is run for three years instead of a car stored for 3 years.
If its a new one it shouldn't be older than 18 months max in my opinion.
Arkesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2012, 12:20   #1009
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
a member karthik has a Tjet and when choosing hatchbacks, he finally got a Punto again
aye aye I plead guilty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkesh View Post
Three year old is not a very good idea.
Its better if the car is run for three years instead of a car stored for 3 years.
If its a new one it shouldn't be older than 18 months max in my opinion.
Correction. It cannot be 3 years old!

The T-Jet was launched in Mumbai and Delhi in October 2010 (2 years back) and in the rest of India around December 2010 - January 2011. If you were to consider the fact that these are all cars manufactured once the sales and advertising started kicking in, I would put my money on it being 1.5 years old, not 3 years old. Most of these T-Jets were manufactured around Jan-May 2011. Check the VIN of these remaining pieces, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it ending with BMZ or CMZ.

Last edited by KarthikK : 16th November 2012 at 12:26.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2012, 12:44   #1010
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
aye aye I plead guilty.
Cant be excused you see

Quote:
Correction. It cannot be 3 years old!

The T-Jet was launched in Mumbai and Delhi in October 2010 (2 years back) and in the rest of India around December 2010 - January 2011. If you were to consider the fact that these are all cars manufactured once the sales and advertising started kicking in, I would put my money on it being 1.5 years old, not 3 years old. Most of these T-Jets were manufactured around Jan-May 2011. Check the VIN of these remaining pieces, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it ending with BMZ or CMZ.
True. The Tjets (BNW) which are at the plant are 2010 (Oct/Nov) manufactured ones. Not sure if there are any Tjet+ left at the plant.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2012, 10:08   #1011
BHPian

There is a 2011 Sunbeam Beige T-Jet Plus in automatrix mangalore. But it was used as a test drive vehicle (without stickers). When enquired they said they were no more T-Jets left at the plant. This car is offered for INR 9 lakhs on road. Further negotiable for sure.
Old 17th November 2012, 10:37   #1012
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus_M
There is a 2011 Sunbeam Beige T-Jet Plus in automatrix mangalore. But it was used as a test drive vehicle (without stickers). When enquired they said they were no more T-Jets left at the plant. This car is offered for INR 9 lakhs on road. Further negotiable for sure.
Thats way too much for a TD car.

I know of a T Jet, not the plus, BNW shade 2010, invoiced and shipped from the factory for 6.7L OTR.
Old 17th November 2012, 11:09   #1013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R

Thats way too much for a TD car.

I know of a T Jet, not the plus, BNW shade 2010, invoiced and shipped from the factory for 6.7L OTR.
Yes. I too felt so. Infact I smiled at them when they told me the OTR price. They're having a hard time selling it. At 9 lakhs I realistically feel that the car will be with them only :-)

It has done only 250 kms & it was in their stockyard.

Last edited by Rufus_M : 17th November 2012 at 11:11.
Old 17th November 2012, 12:50   #1014
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
…I know of a T Jet, not the plus, BNW shade 2010, invoiced and shipped from the factory for 6.7L OTR.
6.7L ex showroom I presume? I had read of a 2L discounts on those unsold stocks which brought down the price to ~7L ex showroom & ~9L OTR in some cities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus_M
And yeah, 9L for a TD car?? They better stop dreaming! When I can get hold of an un-sold brand new stock for a slightly lesser price (that is, if available), why would I pay for the abused version. But that piece would make a tempting buy @ around 6L though. :-D Since it has only done 250 kms, it can't have been abused so much. I see only some high revving done which I guess even owners do?!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 17th November 2012 at 12:52.
swiftnfurious is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2012, 12:55   #1015
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
6.7L ex showroom I presume? I had read of a 2L discounts on those unsold stocks which brought down the price to ~7L ex showroom & ~9L OTR in some cities.
Nopes, mate. On-road, Chennai. Bossa Nova White T-Jet, 2010 make. Invoiced from the factory a week back at VST motors. Mouth watering deal, eh? Almost priced on par with the Punto 1.4!!
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2012, 13:04   #1016
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Nopes, mate. On-road, Chennai. Bossa Nova White T-Jet, 2010 make. Invoiced from the factory a week back at VST motors. Mouth watering deal, eh? Almost priced on par with the Punto 1.4!!
GOSH!! Any idea what was the ex showroom price? And that was the price the dealer agreed upon? Simply UNBELIEVABLE!
Old 17th November 2012, 13:11   #1017
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
GOSH!! Any idea what was the ex showroom price? And that was the price the dealer agreed upon? Simply UNBELIEVABLE!
No idea about the ex-showroom price, buddy.

Got this quote from my SA who sold the Punto.

This is what happened. Came to know from KHT motors, Bangalore that there a couple of T-Jets of 2011 and 2012 vintage at mouth watering prices. Just gave them a call and got the best price as 7.7 L OTR for T-Jet Plus 2011, premium color.

Out of curiosity, called up my dealer at Chennai, and he disappointed me saying that am late, and there are absolutely no cars at the factory to be invoiced, and just a day back he sealed the deal for the said car for 6.7 OTR. Slapped myself hard after that.
DRIV3R is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2012, 10:34   #1018
Team-BHP Support

Got to drive this. Thanks a ton to johy.

I had hopped from a Yeti Elegance to this and in no terms, the car felt that it is priced below 10L or the Yeti is at 20 big ones. Not undermining the Yeti, but read on...

The doors are heavier than the Yeti and the thud it makes, makes you go weak in your knees. You have to make an effort to open the door.

Got in the Car and it was late evening, but everything was in place & I felt that I am in a much expensive Car. Belted up, first gear slotted, 2nd, 3rd, floored & was pinned back. That acceleration is maddening & addictive. The brakes are S-O-O-P-E-R. You got to watch your back else you might be rear ended. The feel & modulation which was missing in the Yeti is in acres here.

From the short drive, the only negative aspect was - XXXL turning radius.

To those who are reading & still contemplating, PLEASE go ahead. Believe me, you would be doing a favor getting yourself one of this.

If I could, I would have sold my Figo then & there & got home this. In Fox Trot Azure if I may add.

A small note. Despite Yeti having good steering, nothing can come close to the feel of 'em Fiat & Fords. I just wish these electro hyd assisted (or whatever term is used) is replaced with a pure HPS unit.

Hope to own this someday. Yes, am that smitten Roads do call for a car with good GC so I am at cross roads for now.
Sheel is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2012, 12:19   #1019
BHPian

Quote:

No idea about the ex-showroom price, buddy.

Got this quote from my SA who sold the Punto.

This is what happened. Came to know from KHT motors, Bangalore that there a couple of T-Jets of 2011 and 2012 vintage at mouth watering prices. Just gave them a call and got the best price as 7.7 L OTR for T-Jet Plus 2011, premium color.
Hey can you confirm this, because I just called them up and they said only test drive car available.
Old 22nd November 2012, 16:36   #1020
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
And yeah, 9L for a TD car?? They better stop dreaming! When I can get hold of an un-sold brand new stock for a slightly lesser price (that is, if available), why would I pay for the abused version. But that piece would make a tempting buy @ around 6L though. :-D Since it has only done 250 kms, it can't have been abused so much.
still worth the deal if you can get it at 7-8L. 250km is nothing. Absolutely nothing. Are you planning on it? it is a mouthwatering deal man. I paid around 11L for the same car last year, without any discounts. These prices are simply mouth-watering.

Just get it, get a proper interior and exterior restoration /detailing job done, and you are as good to go as any other 2012 linea owner.

Quote:
I see only some high revving done which I guess even owners do?!
Even owners don't need to do that. Even if you don't rev high, it will blast forward. Whatever you do in the rpm range, it will blast forward. The difference between revving high or not is only about very insane acceleration and insane acceleration.

Last edited by KarthikK : 22nd November 2012 at 16:47.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks