Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2012, 15:23   #886
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

I remember that thread too. Am re-posting the picture. Is this the intercooler ?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...g-machine.html
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-p1020963_copy.jpg  

fiat_tarun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2012, 17:47   #887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post

I think he has bought the beautiful Tuscan Wine color, the only Wine T-Jet on team-BHP now? I think so.
That's correct mate ! Tuscan Wine it is . "Blue & me" blew me too ! Fiirst time I experienced in an Indian car and must say it is quite good. Have used it on my friend's Audi in the UK and always wondered if I will own a car with voice commands one day and lo ! it is in my garage now :-) . TJet is a ppor man's Audi
Old 10th July 2012, 22:10   #888
BHPian

150kms on my Tjet....smooth driving mostly on ORR in low traffic.....temperature gauge climbs rapidly within 3 mins to the 50% mark and stays there...funnily i don't hear the fan after parking the car ( that I am so used to with my palio).....am i over reacting or should i get it checked ??

Last edited by rganeshiyer : 10th July 2012 at 22:11. Reason: grammatical errror
Old 10th July 2012, 22:21   #889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
unfortunately they have not been updated since sometime.
I apologize for this. The update has been drafted in May 2012 and is rotting on my workstation back at work. It is another marathon write up. I need to refine it.

Here is the url to where pictures of the inter cooler can be seen.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...g-machine.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Is this the intercooler ?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rganeshiyer View Post
temperature gauge climbs rapidly within 3 mins to the 50% mark and stays there...funnily i don't hear the fan after parking the car
Takes me a little longer when I pull out every morning at quarter past 6am. Say 10 minutes and it is at 50%. This will vary depending on weather conditions. Check coolant level. If it is at the prescribed mark when cold, you are alright.

Fiat have improved with their fans. If you pay close attention the fan is audible inside the car even at slow speed rotation but not loud. The high speed spin is typical of the old Palio, a turbine would be the best description. You can actually feel the steering wheel vibrate when it kicks in on the T Jet. No such thing on the Palio. The high speed spins up only when driven in extremely hot weather conditions and only if you are in bumper to bumper traffic. When you are on the move and if the cooling system is working the way it should, it rarely ever spins beyond the normal speed. The fan actually cuts out completely when you are on the move and when you have the air conditioning temperature set at something like 24-26 degrees which is not very demanding on the system. Bangalore weather, right now does not require much air conditioning so I have the system set at 25-26 degrees in the morning just to stay comfortable. More than does the job to cool the cabin and not make too much a blower racket. I use the air conditioning even in the morning as the dust levels are so high in Bangalore that you just cannot keep the window even part open for too long.

I do hear the fan kick in when I am just about to park but it is very rare. It depends on many factors such as if you have the air conditioning going or if the coolant temperature needs to be brought down. Has kicked in very rarely for me. If it does and if I can spare the time, I let it run and stop before I kill the engine. This practice is a personal preference. Some folk do not ever turn off the air conditioner when they bring the car to a stop. In this case, the fan will keep spinning.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 15th July 2012 at 23:05. Reason: Please avoid putting-up consecutive posts. use the 'Edit' and 'Multi-Quote' functions henceforth. Thanks :)
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2012, 01:33   #890

hi, am a dormant bhpian but cant thank you guys enough, exchanged my old palio stile with tjet plus, what a car! the difference in drive & interiors quality in unimaginable, its a pity that fiat is unable to sell cars in India. I can challenge the fiat management if any of us are given a chance to manage the company for a few months we could make a great difference to their bottom line. what have they done to tjet killed it, they should have undercut h city on launch and concentrated on volumes, which was not impossible, was it? now they are selling the same cars dirt cheap, and am sure at a loss, morons; any way i'm not complaining i got the best deal
Old 11th July 2012, 08:54   #891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmech View Post
hi, am a dormant bhpian but cant thank you guys enough, exchanged my old palio stile with tjet plus, what a car!
Another proud T-Jet owner!!! The count is increasing fast and how.
IMO Fiat seems to be doing things right this time as against trying to do the right things.
I have mentioned this long back and would like to bring it again that Fiat in India is one rare brand which suffers from Negative image (not bad image but a negative image), and they worked really hard to reach there.
Now they are working equally hard to go back to their previous days of glory, so let's wait and watch. It would be a herculean task especially in the ever demanding market like us.
If they succeed, it would definitely be a classic case study (Fiat anyways always is at any point of time with their strategic moves). So let's wait and watch.
Few other cos. that fall under negative image category are Peugeot, Opel, Daewoo, Premier.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2012, 10:49   #892
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
150kms on my Tjet....smooth driving mostly on ORR in low traffic.....temperature gauge climbs rapidly within 3 mins to the 50% mark and stays there...funnily i don't hear the fan after parking the car ( that I am so used to with my palio).....am i over reacting or should i get it checked ??
nothing to worry, as long as the needle doesn't cross the halfway mark. Mine takes 5-10 minutes to come to the halfway mark and after that it stays exactly there. The time it takes to get there is also dependent on time of the day, and whether you start off slowly or start revving it up early, as soon as you start off.

If you are using the A/C more / always, the second stage of the T-Jet's fan (the one which sounds like a mini-helicopter ) will come on more often. Bumper-to-bumper traffic, and driving under the hot sun will also increase the "helicopter" fan usage, from what I have observed. Absolutely normal. I almost always run with the A/C on, so the louder fan keeps switching on and off intermittently. I practice a 1 minute idling after parking the car inside the house, and then switch off the engine.

I agree with your point on the Palio 1.6. I hear the fan on my friend's Palio 1.6 for a minute even after switching off the engine. On the T-Jet, if you switch off the engine when the "helicopter" fan is on, the fan just shuts off immediately.

Last edited by KarthikK : 11th July 2012 at 11:18.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2012, 23:40   #893
BHPian

Another one bites the dust..

White Tjet plus booked last month and finally saw my car today at the dealer's place. It is an FMZ make... cant complain much cos the discount was too much to ignore on a fantastic turbo charged petrol.

Expect to take delivery sometime next week. Excited about the turbo + petrol combo. Salivating actually.

Almost forgot - wanted to thank GTO for the wonderful review in the absense of which I would have ignored the discounts very easily!

Last edited by ak916 : 14th July 2012 at 00:04. Reason: Thank you post!
Old 14th July 2012, 21:23   #894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak916 View Post
Another one bites the dust..

White Tjet plus booked last month and finally saw my car today at the dealer's place. It is an FMZ make... cant complain much cos the discount was too much to ignore on a fantastic turbo charged petrol.

Expect to take delivery sometime next week. Excited about the turbo + petrol combo. Salivating actually.

Almost forgot - wanted to thank GTO for the wonderful review in the absense of which I would have ignored the discounts very easily!
Congtas AK !! Tjet is a stunning car and I am discovery my joy of driving again with this beast. Trust me, it is not built for our jam packed city roads, it actually smiles and opens up on highways. Excellent specs with a stunning turbo that keeps on revving, aim and shoot is puffcake whatever the scenario. Started off the blocks with a fluidic verna this morning in ITPL and gunned it down in a matter of seconds. Good decision which you will not regret !
rganeshiyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2012, 10:32   #895
BHPian

Quote:
Congtas AK !! Tjet is a stunning car and I am discovery my joy of driving again with this beast. Trust me, it is not built for our jam packed city roads, it actually smiles and opens up on highways. Excellent specs with a stunning turbo that keeps on revving, aim and shoot is puffcake whatever the scenario. Started off the blocks with a fluidic verna this morning in ITPL and gunned it down in a matter of seconds. Good decision which you will not regret !
hi Ganesh,

Thanks. Also agree on the city usage part. Quite ironically I am going to use the Scorpio for my city run about and tjet for the highway. I had the scoripo all these days exclusively for this but the highways that I mostly travel on have medians and tjet is the better choice on those highways!
Old 15th July 2012, 21:18   #896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak916 View Post
hi Ganesh,

Thanks. Also agree on the city usage part. Quite ironically I am going to use the Scorpio for my city run about and tjet for the highway. I had the scoripo all these days exclusively for this but the highways that I mostly travel on have medians and tjet is the better choice on those highways!
Driving a TJEt alone on the highway is like meditation. You will be smiling to yourself with the specs offered by the car without you being conscious about it . Enjoy and all the best ! Your TJEt is a long distance runner with superlative stamina ( turbo ) and power to boot. That's clubbing Haile gabresalasie with Usain Bolt , if you know what I mean
Old 18th July 2012, 01:22   #897

yes jet is fantastic on the motorways, i have done 800 on mine. must admit that even city driving is a breeze in the jet. its quite peppy despite the fact that i cant reach the revs required for the turbo to kink in. how does the ordinary 1.4 fire feel in comparison? especially the city driving part? mine is doing an average of 10kmpl, whats the max that i could expect from this engine? (when driven sanely, which is an oxymoron when speaking about the jet!)
Old 18th July 2012, 09:33   #898
BHPian

Quote:
yes jet is fantastic on the motorways, i have done 800 on mine. must admit that even city driving is a breeze in the jet. its quite peppy despite the fact that i cant reach the revs required for the turbo to kink in. how does the ordinary 1.4 fire feel in comparison? especially the city driving part? mine is doing an average of 10kmpl, whats the max that i could expect from this engine? (when driven sanely, which is an oxymoron when speaking about the jet!)
Yes Jet is an awesome machine, even i thought a lot before took plunge for Punto, My brother has 1.4 Punto and it feels very quick in city also and the LET is very good , hence better driveablity at low speeds and sure the same will be in case of Linea, and once you get used to this motor and understand the gear ratios better the car will deliver more mileage. We manage to extract 24 Km/Lit from Petrol Punto on Highway with Speeds 70 to 90 Km/hr with 50 % AC Use.
Old 18th July 2012, 11:09   #899
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The ordinary Fire feels quite sluggish through the rev range. I never even thought of test driving the Fire when I bought my T-Jet. Anyway at the showroom, I drove the NA 1.4 linea first casually. During the drive, I wanted to get back to the showroom as soon as possible and run away from there . Then I test drove the T-Jet, and felt like not returning from the showroom at all . It is amazing how radically different the two cars are in driveability.

Sluggishness courtesy of tech specs :

Linea 1.4 NA : 89PS @ 6000rpm, 115Nm @ 4500rpm
Linea 1.4 T-Jet : 115PS @ 5000rpm, 207Nm @ 2200 rpm

the t-jet produces twice the amount of torque at half the peak-torque rpm value of the NA Linea. Hence the amazing low-end driveability in all gears, and the effortless driveability in city roads and highways alike. With the 1.4 NA motor, you have to know how to milk the power and torque with that gearbox. With the T-Jet, slot it into any gear, tap the throttle, wait till 1800-2000rpm and it will blast through like a rocket in 2-3 seconds.

10kmpl is about the usual figure you can expect from the Jet in the city. The maximum you can expect when driven sanely is around 12kmpl in the city. On highways, I have even got 16-17kmpl when maintaining a steady 80-90kmph. These figures are with 100% A/C usage. Too much bumper-to-bumper traffic with A/C on, can bring down the efficiency to 8-9kmpl.

Last edited by KarthikK : 18th July 2012 at 11:13.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2012, 17:22   #900
Distinguished - BHPian

Went down to Prerana Motors to have a look at the Punto for my cousin. But discounted Tjet is simply cant be ignored.

A wild thought that has sought of come to my mind on exchanging my Liva G-SP for the Tjet.

How much can a Oct 2011 Liva G-SP (with ABS & Airbags) with a good set of accessories sold for?
nkrishnap is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks