Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2012, 11:34   #766
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Not entirely true Sivasankar. Concorde, Guindy is the best dealer in Chennai to buy a Fiat. Still your choice of dealer is better than VST.
I second that Ramesh I was plesantly surprised by the treatment they offered to me, when I had visited them to see the Punto 2012. The salesman was kind and well informed, TD was also highly satisfactory. I think Concorde Guindy is on par with any other car showroom. No step motherly treatments here.
Old 3rd April 2012, 20:23   #767
BHPian

Hello all,

The day in brief -

1) Salesperson calls me & asks for a scan copy of the Invoice as she hadn't retained a copy. Asked my wife to help out as I was away at office. Had to follow up with salesperson so that she accessed her email. She replied on the affirmative when I asked her if the vehicle had been removed from the display.

2) An hour later she calls to say that the RTO was on holiday from tomorrow till Monday. My fuse blew then and I told her firmly that she didn't seem to be interested in the sale at all. Asked her why she hadn't thought about all this when the payment was made last Saturday. She said she will find a way out and called me later to say that they will get the RTO process completed tomorrow.

3) I had felt a lie instinctively about the car being moved and it was confirmed when my friend who passed by called to say it hadn't been moved an inch.

4) Went to the showroom later in the afternoon thru the back entrance to 'shock & awe' them. Desired effect achieved. Asked her why the car hadn't been moved and told her that there was no need to lie about anything. Her boss tried to rescue her and said that it was just about to be done. I said I'll wait and watch since it was to happen right then. What a drama then!!!

All the cars had to be moved out of the way with people scurrying all over and tripping over each others feet. Hilarious!!! The car was moved out but they haven't put the battery on charge yet.

5) My good friend's attempt to explain his i10 buying experience at HMP were futile. Such sublime discussions just went beyond the Boss's head.
He tried to explain the problems dealers faced at TN RTOs who in his words were more accomodating of individual clients.

6) Yet another day dawns tomorrow. Here are a few pictures shot this afternoon.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-03042012135.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-03042012136.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-03042012138.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-03042012137.jpg  

Sivasankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2012, 20:32   #768
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivasankar View Post
Hello all,

The day in brief -

1) Salesperson calls me & asks for a scan copy of the Invoice as she hadn't retained a copy. Asked my wife to help out as I was away at office. Had to follow up with salesperson so that she accessed her email. She replied on the affirmative when I asked her if the vehicle had been removed from the display.

2) An hour later she calls to say that the RTO was on holiday from tomorrow till Monday. My fuse blew then and I told her firmly that she didn't seem to be interested in the sale at all. Asked her why she hadn't thought about all this when the payment was made last Saturday. She said she will find a way out and called me later to say that they will get the RTO process completed tomorrow.

3) I had felt a lie instinctively about the car being moved and it was confirmed when my friend who passed by called to say it hadn't been moved an inch.

4) Went to the showroom later in the afternoon thru the back entrance to 'shock & awe' them. Desired effect achieved. Asked her why the car hadn't been moved and told her that there was no need to lie about anything. Her boss tried to rescue her and said that it was just about to be done. I said I'll wait and watch since it was to happen right then. What a drama then!!!

All the cars had to be moved out of the way with people scurrying all over and tripping over each others feet. Hilarious!!! The car was moved out but they haven't put the battery on charge yet.

5) My good friend's attempt to explain his i10 buying experience at HMP were futile. Such sublime discussions just went beyond the Boss's head.
He tried to explain the problems dealers faced at TN RTOs who in his words were more accomodating of individual clients.

Hey Sivasankar. Who's your SA? Just curious to know. Is it Ms. Parvathy? In my experience, both TAFE and VST experiences are bad. Never mind. Once you take the possession of the Jet, you will have all smiles on your face.

Regarding the Battery, I think you should have asked for a new one since it is kept idle almost an year. You should have negotiated for this as well.
Old 3rd April 2012, 21:35   #769
BHPian

I did try to negotiate for a new battery but SA and her boss kept parroting that the battery will be put on charge for a day before delivery.
Old 3rd April 2012, 22:09   #770
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I did try to negotiate for a new battery but SA and her boss kept parroting that the battery will be put on charge for a day before delivery.
Hey Siva, couldn't stop myself from writing that my experience of buying T-Jet and your experience seem to be same. Price is almost same, dealer behaviour and excuses are also same. My T-jet battery was also charged one day before delivery and of course I didn't have a choice of dealer.
Old 4th April 2012, 05:04   #771
BHPian

Quote:
Hello all,

What a drama Siva. Totally unprofessional behaviour from the showroom people. Tata-Fiat dealership has a lot to learn from competitors. Hope you receive the car in good shape.
Old 4th April 2012, 08:30   #772
Team-BHP Support

Sivasankar, if I were in your place, I would have taken my money back and went ahead with buying a Honda City for that price. In this day and age when the buyer is spoilt for choice and when Fiat is selling less than 500 units a month, they surely need to go out of their way to please you. Unfortunately that is not the case and you are being too mild with them for their unprofessional behavior. I wouldn't settle for a charged battery either. Make sure that the battery holds charge for a day before you take delivery because an old unused battery could fail unconditionally after delivery and they'll raise their hands saying its none of their business.
moralfibre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2012, 10:05   #773
BHPian

@moralfibre - am too much of a Fiat nut to go for a Honda City. The blame and accountability lies with the dealer rather than the manufacturer. The brand pull has people walking in to the showroom. The dealer's laziness and lethargy keep the client hassled till he takes delivery.

To top it all, the salesmanager said the person who was seated next to him when I came in to complain was actually from Fiat who was observing the proceedings. I was reminded of the Tamil phrase which translated means 'My ears have already been pierced'. A euphemism to indicate that I'm experienced and you need not try to con me.

This is proof of where TAFE Reach figures in the scheme of priorities at the Amalgamations Group.

I have messaged the sales manager & the executive gently reminding them of their commitment on the RTO process today. The latter has replied in the affirmative.

Meantime, son continues to ask when the Linea will come (the committed Friday is going to be the highlight of this 4 year old)
Sivasankar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th April 2012, 14:04   #774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Sivasankar, if I were in your place, I would have taken my money back and went ahead with buying a Honda City for that price. In this day and age when the buyer is spoilt for choice and when Fiat is selling less than 500 units a month, they surely need to go out of their way to please you. Unfortunately that is not the case and you are being too mild with them for their unprofessional behavior. I wouldn't settle for a charged battery either. Make sure that the battery holds charge for a day before you take delivery because an old unused battery could fail unconditionally after delivery and they'll raise their hands saying its none of their business.
Yes. With this kind of experience, it is natural that humans are carried away emotionally to take decisions. Bad dealership experience happened to me too, and I got my car after almost 1.5 months of debate. In the end, I am absolutely happy with the product.

Quote:
@moralfibre - am too much of a Fiat nut to go for a Honda City. The blame and accountability lies with the dealer rather than the manufacturer. The brand pull has people walking in to the showroom. The dealer's laziness and lethargy keep the client hassled till he takes delivery.

To top it all, the salesmanager said the person who was seated next to him when I came in to complain was actually from Fiat who was observing the proceedings. I was reminded of the Tamil phrase which translated means 'My ears have already been pierced'. A euphemism to indicate that I'm experienced and you need not try to con me.

This is proof of where TAFE Reach figures in the scheme of priorities at the Amalgamations Group.

I have messaged the sales manager & the executive gently reminding them of their commitment on the RTO process today. The latter has replied in the affirmative.

Meantime, son continues to ask when the Linea will come (the committed Friday is going to be the highlight of this 4 year old)
I greatly appreciate your stand Sivasankar. My experience is even worse than you. You should have a read on this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...fiat-well.html
Old 4th April 2012, 16:57   #775
Team-BHP Support

There is no doubt about the product in my mind. In fact, the Linea T-jet does fall in my wish list but I'll never buy the car new. Going by my resale experience and the rapid rate of depreciation associated with Fiat cars, I find it as an excellent purchase in the used car market. I am a die hard Fiat fan too but all they get is my sympathy buy not my money.
Old 4th April 2012, 21:26   #776
BHPian

Received an sms from the salesperson just now that the car has been registered and allotted a number.
Sivasankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2012, 23:22   #777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Received an sms from the salesperson just now that the car has been registered and allotted a number.
Here you go. My hearty congratulations. Now, you are officially a owner of the fastest C-segment car available in market today.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2012, 23:31   #778
BHPian

Your soon to be jet looks stunning in black! Congrats on your linea.
Ford5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2012, 11:34   #779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@moralfibre - am too much of a Fiat nut to go for a Honda City.
Great decision Sivasankar. If you would have ditched the TJET and gone for a Honda city i am sure you would have felt you are a nut.

Turbo charged petrol engine, undisputed ride quality and handling and above it the heavy sturdy car with great safety.

Any day beats the guts out of honda city.

Believe this coz i too own a linea and tried my luck by buying a vento as another car in our family as i dint want repetitions , but every odd person in our family loves the linea more
amit_mechengg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2012, 21:25   #780
BHPian

Hello all,

Dealership has confirmed that car would be ready for delivery 4pm tomorrow. Family has advised to take it post the 3 to 430 Rahu kalam.

The generous folk are giving floor mats, mud flaps, sun film (ho hum yawn!!!)

Printed out the Team-Bhp PDI folder for final reference.

Compiling a list of points to be worked over during delivery.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks