Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2011, 20:22   #631
Team-BHP Support

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay_ss View Post
By the way, i understand that they dont sell Tjet's anymore and only tJet+ is being sold, since the demand for the base model was very negligible.
Ah maybe thats why the dealer in my hometown wanted to push the 'TJet' to me, instead of the T-Jet+

Reference: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2437816
Old 21st July 2011, 21:11   #632
BHPian

Need to chk with dealer, and maybe ask for a TD of just T-jet.
The thought i had is , if difference in ride and handling is minimal, I can just put good alloys on it and save some amt.

The difference is T-jet and plus is around 60K in Bangalore.
Old 21st July 2011, 21:32   #633
Team-BHP Support

The only differences between T-jet and T-Jet+ are the alloys, 195/60R15 on T-Jet v/s the 205/55R16s on T-Jet+ (with the resulting improvement in the ground clearance by 5mm on the T-Jet+), and the leather seats.

I still don't understand why Fiat made the move of giving the T-Jet+ everything and not including alloys on the T-Jet variant, perhaps to create a significant price difference between T-Jet and T-Jet+. But Steel rims for the T-Jet while the Emotion pack priced almost 1.5 Lacs lower gets alloys! Really Ridiculous.

Last edited by KarthikK : 21st July 2011 at 21:34.
Old 22nd July 2011, 16:37   #634
BHPian

I agree with Karthik. There should have been only 1 model. the T-jet+. 60K for 5 alloys and a neat leather seats is a good deal according to me. the 16 inch alloys outside costs about 30K+ easily and then the tyres cost. A stanley leather seat will be 40K.

BTW completed 11K kms and so far so very happy. :-)
Old 22nd July 2011, 17:33   #635
BHPian

Hmmm.
I think plus only makes sense then. Had similar thought for City (which is also in my shortlist) : V MT and S MT.
But I guess topends with alloys makes sense price wise.

Thanks all
Old 23rd July 2011, 21:37   #636
BHPian

Is the maintenance on T-jet higher than the NA petrol (due to turbo) ? is it similar to MJD ?

Last edited by Revention : 23rd July 2011 at 21:39.
Old 26th July 2011, 10:30   #637
BHPian

so far the 11K kms maintenance cost is Rs.0.
there is nothing extra that needs to be done for the turbo. some people keep the engine on for a minute or so before switching off and some people keep the engine on for a minute or so when they first switch on... i dont follow both religiously.
madhukar_n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2011, 11:49   #638
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukar_n View Post
so far the 11K kms maintenance cost is Rs.0.
there is nothing extra that needs to be done for the turbo. some people keep the engine on for a minute or so before switching off and some people keep the engine on for a minute or so when they first switch on.
+1 to this. This idling before/after a drive is all about the maintenance required. I don't think there is any difference in servicing costs of the turbo variant with the NA variant.

Last edited by KarthikK : 26th July 2011 at 11:54.
Old 26th July 2011, 12:26   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
+1 to this. This idling before/after a drive is all about the maintenance required. I don't think there is any difference in servicing costs of the turbo variant with the NA variant.
+ 1 to the above. I have done 15500 kms in the last 6 months in the Tjet. The only issue i have had is the rear licence plate bulb has got fused twice and the rear tail lamp once (Surprisingly, since in my last 10 years of driving Fiats, not a single bulb has ever fused !)

Also, out of my own zealousness, i have done 2 oil changes and the car runs on selenia synthetic. i am just loving the smooth revs of the car, specially over the last 2k kms, get a sense it has become a lot smoother.

cheers
vinay
Old 1st August 2011, 11:07   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay_ss View Post
+ 1 to the above. I have done 15500 kms in the last 6 months in the Tjet. The only issue i have had is the rear licence plate bulb has got fused twice and the rear tail lamp once (Surprisingly, since in my last 10 years of driving Fiats, not a single bulb has ever fused !)

Also, out of my own zealousness, i have done 2 oil changes and the car runs on selenia synthetic. i am just loving the smooth revs of the car, specially over the last 2k kms, get a sense it has become a lot smoother.

cheers
vinay
+1 to that. though I have done only 4500 Kms in last 7 months. no issues till now and I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 1st August 2011, 15:12   #641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revention View Post
Is the maintenance on T-jet higher than the NA petrol (due to turbo) ? is it similar to MJD ?
In T-Jet, you need to replace fuel filter during every service interval time and this is expensive compared to regular fuel filter in NA petrol linea. I own a getz Crdi and i replace fuel filter costing around 1.5K during every service.
Please correct me if i am wrong.

Last edited by djay99 : 1st August 2011 at 15:13.
Old 7th August 2011, 11:11   #642
BHPian

One amazing thing about Linea is that it has such great handling and such a great ride quality. From what I have read, the great handling cars typically have rough ride quality. Curious to know which cars (including the upper segments) have such nice mixture of both....
Old 7th August 2011, 13:41   #643
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revention View Post
One amazing thing about Linea is that it has such great handling and such a great ride quality. From what I have read, the great handling cars typically have rough ride quality. Curious to know which cars (including the upper segments) have such nice mixture of both....
I guess & believe Ford & VW has a proper mixture of both which makes these cars brilliant.
Old 8th August 2011, 13:58   #644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I guess & believe Ford & VW has a proper mixture of both which makes these cars brilliant.
Actually I found the VW vento diesel ride quality quite harsh compared to linea (both MJD as well as T-Jet) . Fiesta classic was also a more rough ( not TDed the new Fiesta )
Old 8th August 2011, 15:21   #645
Distinguished - BHPian

VW Vento does NOT have a harsh ride. Perhaps your tyres were overinflated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks