Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2010, 00:16   #436

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 6th December 2010 at 11:18.
johnniey is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th December 2010, 11:23   #437
BHPian

Was watching Times Drive yesterday late night.
The driver/presentor Joel Pereira was all praise for the powerful TJet.

For 20 full mins he was non stop appreciating the power of this beauty.
Old 10th December 2010, 09:13   #438
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

@ GTO - Any idea when FIAT would offer a DSG for MJD and T-Jet?
Old 10th December 2010, 10:06   #439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
The Fiat Auto box is called DuaLogic and is rated quite highly, as this gearbox supposedly gives the performance and fuel economy of a manual, with the convenience of an auto.

The DuaLogic when launched had a lot of problems, but now all issues have been ironed out and from what i read, the DuaLogic box in manual mode is a blast to drive.

As to when Fiat will launch this in India, its anybody's guess. They showcased the Linea DuaLogic at the Auto Expo, so maybe it will eventually come.
Old 10th December 2010, 10:22   #440
BHPian

Note from TeamBHP Support: Kindly stick to the topic at hand and avoid unsubstantiated flaming.

Last edited by Amartya : 11th December 2010 at 01:35. Reason: Overtly biased post.
Old 10th December 2010, 16:18   #441
BHPian

If FIAT launches dualogic in Linea, I will definitely trade my current MJD for the dualogic. My next car should definitely be a semi-automatic, whatever manufacturer it is. I somehow don't like the paddle shift of Honda. Anything on the steering wheel means that I cannot use in curves (except the horn).
Old 10th December 2010, 18:58   #442
BHPian

The entire nation is bashing the Fiat brand! Extreme judgement's have been made & will continue.
I took a test drive of the T-Jet & it blew my mind, I can't get over it at all. The interiors are not as bad as some have stated, look at the features & gadgets provided! Fiat surely has a winner on their hands this time, the only worry is I see their marketing for the T-Jet fizzling away, the impact is not consistent.
This is the car everyone has been waiting for, big wheels, massive boot, powerful engine, extremely well behaved high speed presence.
Fiat needs to dedicate 3-4 cars, drive around the city & offer test drives on the spot for immediate conversions. Don't know how financially feasible it would be, but that's the least they can do to make up for all that lost time & reputation.
Suggest some radical marketing strategies to make this monster a hit!
Old 10th December 2010, 19:13   #443
BHPian

Uh.. Team BHP stats mostly do not mirror the real world! Got to know from a true-blue Fiat fan and Linea owner that only a handful of T-Jets have been sold by the Cochin dealers. Also I've been able to spot only one T-Jet on the road so far, despite keeping an eye out for them.
Maybe the fundamental flaw in Fiat's current strategy is that they are hoping to improve sales by bringing in more expensive variants of their existing models. And the T-Jet especially is a petrol that costs more than the diesel - unheard of in midsize car territory. Not many customers would go for it, despite the T-jet being awesome to drive, because petrols (and Fiat petrols especially) depreciate a lot quickly than diesels. And then there's the cost per kilometer factor.

Last edited by Amartya : 11th December 2010 at 01:51. Reason: Have deleted the post in question, hence edited this post. Thanks.
Old 10th December 2010, 19:21   #444
BHPian

You cannot tell sales figures by the number of vehicles on the road right? fiat would have the sales numbers for the T-Jet, approach any dealer & they will prove how many insane bookings they have for the T-Jet.
I do agree with you about the petrol to diesel comparison, they will surely do even better with a more powerful diesel engine. But unfortunately, the diesel loses over the finesse of a petrol engine.
Eitherways, this being an endless debate, we just wish the T-Jet all the success!
Old 10th December 2010, 20:01   #445
BHPian

I do hope and wish the T-Jet and Fiat meet with success in India. Always loved the Punto and the Linea for their looks, ride and handling packages, and competitive pricing. And now the T-Jet adds power and great drive-ability too to the list of virtues.
And yes, I acknowledge that a turbo-petrol delivers the dream combo of refinement and torque. Only economics works against it.
All Fiats are bought with the heart, and the T-Jet even more so!
Old 10th December 2010, 20:26   #446
Senior - BHPian

Please bring this onto the punto fiat!!
Thats one hatchback that i will blindly pick regardless of my fuel expenses
Old 10th December 2010, 23:03   #447
Senior - BHPian

Inspite of a great product there is still a lot of work for fiat left to do.

1) Fiat should discontinue the 1.4L NA engine. Its a piece of crap when compared to T-Jet. T-Jet should be made available even in Active,Dynamic,Emotion & Emotion Pack Variant. ABS, Alloys and Airbags being compulsory in all.
2) Bring in the 1.6 Mjet. With a DSG option as well. No way it will cost 15L
3) Quality of service has improved. Most owners are happy. However I still feel there is a need to increase no of service centers.
4) And the final question is how can a car so magnificent from outside be so miserable from the inside. Come on Fiat give us a Cruze like design, a Vento like built or a I20 like styling.
I would really like to see T-Jet set sales chart on fire. But unfortunately that highly improbable.

Last edited by oxyzen : 10th December 2010 at 23:04.
Old 11th December 2010, 16:16   #448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
Got to know from a true-blue Fiat fan and Linea owner that only a handful of T-Jets have been sold by the Cochin dealers.
When did Fiat launch T-Jet in Cochin? Are test drive vehicles available at both RF Motors & Concorde Motors?

I'll insist my dad to test drive the T-Jet soon! He might trade off our Fiat GP 1.3 MJD for a T-Jet. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Old 11th December 2010, 18:05   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
When did Fiat launch T-Jet in Cochin? Are test drive vehicles available at both RF Motors & Concorde Motors?

I'll insist my dad to test drive the T-Jet soon! He might trade off our Fiat GP 1.3 MJD for a T-Jet. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Last month. Sunbeam biege T-jet is on display there and TD vechicles are also available
Old 11th December 2010, 18:09   #450
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
I highly doubt that the dualogic is coming anytime soon. For one, Fiat has more important matters on its hands (sales tanking big time). Second, a high-tech automatic will only make the Linea more expensive. The market will not accept such a premium Linea. They can't make the AT locally because there aren't any volumes. Neither can they import the unit as it'll work out way too expensive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks