Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2023, 09:29   #3421
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by meples View Post

I clocked a meagre 11K kms since i bought it in Dec 2019, which also involved a long on-road trip to Guwahati from Delhi in Dec 2020.

2. Brake noise! The car has had this issue since day 1, though not as prominent as it is now. A little dab on the brake, and the squeaking starts. But if your drive a little aggressively and apply brakes, they don't make any noise. I got them checked at PPS Jeep and the service folks advised me to get the rotors and pads changed Only thing is, I got them changed when I bought my car in 2019. JK Automobiles, where I get it usually serviced, has not been able to detect the exact cause either. But they would do a quick service (clean the pads, apply Wurth brake cleaner etc) and the noise would be gone for a few days and be back again. So what could be the real cause?
Hi,

Good to see a Linea T-Jet in the forum. As you mentioned your car is yet to complete 11k kms with your ownership of 3 years and 2 months. Hence your car falls under sparingly used category.

Regarding brakes, you also mentioned that the noise goes away after cleaning but it will be back again after few days/weeks. This could be due to exposure to water and the formation of rust over the rotors. These kind of issue happens to most of the sparingly used cars and cars which are parked in an open area.

Clean the rotors, park the car in a covered car parking and also make sure it is not exposed to water when it is standing still. Drive daily for few weeks and observe it again.

Thanks,
TK
TorqueKnight is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 00:56   #3422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
I will suggest to go with OEM ones. You can check the details at 99rpm.com or Boodmo. Since Linea Tjet's set up is all wheel disc, it has more probability of dust being stuck as compared to cars with only front wheel disc set up and hence more noise.

If there is no loss of braking efficiency and discs looks good enough, I will say to ignore noise and it will go on its own(my personal experience). Low usage is also the reason, since there will be some rust formation on disc which might create screeching noise.

Also, congratulations on completing a fuss free 3 years of ownership. Only one advice from my side - Drive more. These cars works best when driven and throw tantrums when treated as garage queen, again my personal experience
Thank you @abhi_tjet

Sorry about the delay in reply. I think you are right about OEM brakes. All this while I believed that my car was running on OEM sets, but I discovered to my dismay that it was running on normal Linea brake pads! Got them changed to Tjet ones now (front and rear both) and thankfully the noise is gone. Poorer by a few thousand bucks.
meples is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 01:00   #3423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueKnight View Post
Hi,

Good to see a Linea T-Jet in the forum. As you mentioned your car is yet to complete 11k kms with your ownership of 3 years and 2 months. Hence your car falls under sparingly used category.

Regarding brakes, you also mentioned that the noise goes away after cleaning but it will be back again after few days/weeks. This could be due to exposure to water and the formation of rust over the rotors. These kind of issue happens to most of the sparingly used cars and cars which are parked in an open area.

Clean the rotors, park the car in a covered car parking and also make sure it is not exposed to water when it is standing still. Drive daily for few weeks and observe it again.

Thanks,
TK
Thank you TorqueKnight.

Points noted. But I figured out the culprit
meples is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 02:43   #3424
BHPian

Happy to update that the two issues which I had mentioned in my previous post, have been resolved.

As planned, I got all the engine mounts (A, B and C) replced and the car feels like new to drive. All parts bought on 99rpm.

Secondly, the brake noise issue has been resolved too. The pads were the culprit, as the ones which were fitted previously at Landmark Jeep, Gurgaon were normal Linea pads

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-20200229_143612.jpg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-20200229_1432092.jpg

So got them replaced with original TJet pads now and bingo! The squealing and screeching has disappeared completely.

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-20230208_083757.jpg

Took her on a short drive to Kolar today and it was absolutely delightful to drive her on the highway.

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-img20230129wa0002.jpg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-img20230128wa0002.jpg

As someone said, there's an adventure around every corner. Sometimes the corner is the adventure.
meples is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 11:16   #3425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meples View Post
Happy to update that the two issues which I had mentioned in my previous post, have been resolved.
Nice to hear that My jet is at 82k KMs and going to be 9yrs old and even today it manages to put a smile on my face. Granted I have started using XP95 fuel and switched to the third map on the wolf switchable map and car is bliss redefined
deathwalkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 17:16   #3426

I own a 2011 T-Jet and has 44000 Kms on the odo. I recently got the steering rack serviced after a lot of steering issues. The mechanic who replaces the ball joint did not put the boot back properly leading to steering rack sucking in dust

Anyways, I got my steering rack serviced, replaced the lower arm, link rods and mounts. The steering is now precise! Car is very stable. Steering vibrations are so low or almost nonexistent but I feel the steering to be tight. Compared to an Ecosport, it is quite tight.

After servicing the rack, the steering fluid was replaced with Liqui Moly ATF 1800.

What I would like to know is -
  1. Is tightness to steering wheel normal after getting your Steering rack serviced?
  2. Is Liqui Moly ATF 1800 okay to be used for the T-Jet?
Old 1st April 2023, 09:52   #3427
BHPian

Does any one know the Ethanol blend tolerance of the 2014 facelifted T-JET - is it E10 or E15 as per the Owner's Manual.
Also, is it the same for the 125S variant that was launched subsequently in 2016.

Thanks!
Old 19th April 2023, 23:15   #3428
BHPian

Recently completed a 2000 km round trip on my 2014 facelifted TJet. The trip originally planned for 5000 km had to be cut short due to health issues along the way. Nevertheless, the TJet crossed 115k kms during the trip and is still going as strong as ever. Buying the car in 2014 for 10 lakhs on the road in Bangalore now feels like a steal for the features it offered at the time - Cruise Control, All diac brakes, Rain sensing wipers, Follow me Home headlamps, Blue&Me, Large boot space of 500l, Vanity mirrors with lamps for both driver and passenger, High ground clearance of 190 mm- most of which are difficult to find in the new cars. Cornering the TJet on highway bends still brings a smile. Haven't experienced many recent cars which could do the same. Would love to know if anyone has any experience of ownership of a Tjet beyond 100k and the life expectancy of a Tjet engine. Upgrading or moving on to another vehicle is going to be a tough one. For now, this one stays....
anugrahlall is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th April 2023, 12:10   #3429
BHPian

I bought a Tjet 2017 model for 10.5 Lakhs. It has done 30k kms so far. I have switched to low GC springs and struts. This car with some basic facelift and interior upgrades would sell for 17-18k today! Serious bargain for those who got the Tjet while it was still in production.

Couple of mods I did were
Wolf Remap
Shell Helix Ultra Synthetic Oil
Michelin Pilot Sports 4 tyres
Low GC suspension
Stun LED headlights

Why it puts a smile everytime I drive it, I don't know��
Pani is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th April 2023, 12:24   #3430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pani View Post
This car with some basic facelift and interior upgrades would sell for 17-18k today!
True if you meant 17-18 Lakhs...
finneyp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2023, 14:31   #3431
Lij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pani View Post
I have switched to low GC springs and struts.
Can you please provide details? Also, how has it affected the ground clearance and tackling those unscientifically designed speed bumps?

The higher ground clearance is a boon as I don't have to worry about taking my car anywhere, but also a bane as it compromised on the ride quality compared to the earlier generation of T-Jets.
Old 20th April 2023, 20:27   #3432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
True if you meant 17-18 Lakhs...
When it was on sale, it was the only sedan in this segment which had Auto climate control, automatic headlamps, auto wipers and disc brakes on all 4 wheels. Truly a kickass car to drive even today. Brings a smile every time the turbo kicks in even today after 8 years of owning it.

I am facing an issue where there are some jarring sound coming from suspension every time I take a sharp turn. Any owners have faced this before? Does this warrant changing the suspension for all wheels now?
whencut86 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2023, 20:39   #3433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post

I am facing an issue where there are some jarring sound coming from suspension every time I take a sharp turn. Any owners have faced this before? Does this warrant changing the suspension for all wheels now?
Check the strut pad. It would have been worn out. It makes a screeching sound when you turn during parking speeds. If it’s a vibrating sound like khat-khat, get the engine mount checked. It might be on last leg.
abhi_tjet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2023, 21:01   #3434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lij View Post
Can you please provide details? Also, how has it affected the ground clearance and tackling those unscientifically designed speed bumps?

The higher ground clearance is a boon as I don't have to worry about taking my car anywhere, but also a bane as it compromised on the ride quality compared to the earlier generation of T-Jets.
Low GC rear coils are no longer available. You can still get the rear shocks and front struts but will have to settle for a hybrid setup which a couple of friends are running happily. The only way to go proper low GC is to find a used set of rear coil springs (MJD is the same) which are as rare as kryptonite.

I went low GC about 4 yrs ago and haven't had as issue with scraping the undercarriage. The low GC setup completely eliminates the low speed rocking and also feels more planted on the highway.

Last edited by keroo1099 : 20th April 2023 at 21:07. Reason: Added information
keroo1099 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 15:28   #3435
Lij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
Low GC rear coils are no longer available. You can still get the rear shocks and front struts but will have to settle for a hybrid setup which a couple of friends are running happily. The only way to go proper low GC is to find a used set of rear coil springs (MJD is the same) which are as rare as kryptonite.

I went low GC about 4 yrs ago and haven't had as issue with scraping the undercarriage. The low GC setup completely eliminates the low speed rocking and also feels more planted on the highway.
Thanks keroo1099.

Can you please suggest any reliable after market ones that can be used on the T-Jet?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks