Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2013, 22:53   #871
BHPian

Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Iam in the same boat as you are. Iam planning to go for base model. I had several test drives. with base model i had a 30 Km test drive where i tested it for braking efficiency @ 120 KMPH on electronic city flyover. The car has stopped in a straight line without any fuss on panic braking( simulated).
Iam unable to make up mind due to 1. refresh is due
2. car selling in too less numbers
I was told by some one that it is coming with new gear box from a highly reputed firm. Hence the dilemma
I have an ARIA Pure for the last 2 years and boy, it is one amazing vehicle. Touch wood, i dont have any major issues that some of the other members have faced. I dont feel the size when driving in the narrow lanes of Guttahalli or on the super dense adugodi stretch. This a gem of vehicle on the highway.

Have done about 32K Kms in 2 years and all the driving has been self driven. Not one ounce of fatigue. The only feature that i feel lacking on highways in the Pure model is the cruise control
Old 19th September 2013, 23:25   #872

Hi svdath,

Thats something good to start with. Can you share few pointers below based on your experience:

1. Have you used it as a complete 7 seater with average adults (5'6") seated in the 3rd row on any long drives? If yes, please share the feedback.
2. What is the approx service cost for your first 3 services, leaving asside the addons which you must have done?
3. What is the average fuel efficiency you have got till date?
4. Any major issue which you faced and the service center couldnt rectify?
5. How is the ASS experience you have been through?
6. Were there any parts changed by TATA during these 2 years as part of production issues? If yes, can you state any major ones.

Thanks,
Amit
Old 20th September 2013, 10:23   #873
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpradhan View Post
Hi svdath,

2. What is the approx service cost for your first 3 services, leaving asside the addons which you must have done?
Thanks,
Amit
ARIA comes with 5 free services covering upto 45/50K. hence the cost is only consumables like engine oil etc. Further it has service interval of 15K as against 5K for Innova & scorpio and 10K for XUV
Old 20th September 2013, 14:55   #874
BHPian

My Aria (Prestige 4x4) is over 60K Kms and is close to three years old.

Quote:
1. Have you used it as a complete 7 seater with average adults (5'6") seated in the 3rd row on any long drives? If yes, please share the feedback.
Only once and it was fellow bhp-ian ecosport who was in the third row for some amount of time, so will leave it to him to comment. From the driver's angle the full load was felt, but was fine.
Quote:
The services were typically around 6K each.
Quote:
Around 10-11kmpl in city and around 13-15kmpl on highways
Quote:
Not really, ok there is a low decibel high frequency vibration whistle from from the front passenger side AC ducts that reappear every time when the service is due! Also I am not completely happy with the force required for the rear driver side door, but Concorde guys don't think that is a real issue!
Quote:
Of late I am quite impressed with the senior technicians @ Dairy Circle Concorde, though not really happy with the way the customer facing front-end works. Btw, my contact number in their ERP system never gets corrected and so never gets the usual feedback calls after service now. Wonder whether it is standard practice to beat the system...
Quote:
6. Were there any parts changed by TATA during these 2 years as part of production issues? If yes, can you state any major ones.
Quite a few under warrantly
  1. Rear Driver Side Brake ABS unit
  2. Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor loose contact
  3. A metal washer or so for the Gear Lever
  4. The multi-function display control stalk in steering coloumn
  5. Steering Rack & Pinion Assembly
  6. Another steering update recently

In addition I had a side wall crack on one my OEM Goodyears for which I didn't press for warranty replacement as it was already close to 15K.
Old 20th September 2013, 15:24   #875

Thanks LobsterB. That one is really helpful. Considering your ARIA was the 2010 model and so the Initial lot, I wont be surprised to see the under warranty replacements. However did any of these failures happen suddenly and left you stranded or could they be handled as part of service center visits. Also what was the parts availaibility scenario for these mentioned replacements.

6k for each service, isnt it too high. I assume you must have gone for paid addons like underbody treatment, interior cleaning, etc. other than regular services. Please correct me if otherwise.

ASS I hear has improved with TATA subsidiaries taking over in most of the cities. I request a feedback on this from other ARIA owners on this forum.

I am told that all the issues related to Steering, Brake assembly, Gear box, head - lamp fogging, gear lever quality has been taken care since the 2013 production models. Unfortunately I could speak with 2 new ARIA owners who were just 3 months with the experience and limited feedback.

Thanks,
Amit
Old 20th September 2013, 22:09   #876
BHPian

Quote:
Hi svdath,

Thats something good to start with. Can you share few pointers below based on your experience:

Thanks,
Amit
rkg has covered most of the points. I usually go out on long drives with full load. The last row is cramped and for people with patience, may be 2-3 hrs continuous drive and then cramps will pull in.

I agree on rkg on all points. The only point that i have not gone through was any part replacement. For some reason, i might have got a good unit. Till now, i have not got anything replaced.
Old 23rd September 2013, 08:41   #877

Quote:
Originally Posted by svdath View Post
rkg has covered most of the points. I usually go out on long drives with full load. The last row is cramped and for people with patience, may be 2-3 hrs continuous drive and then cramps will pull in.

I agree on rkg on all points. The only point that i have not gone through was any part replacement. For some reason, i might have got a good unit. Till now, i have not got anything replaced.
Thanks svdath, you surely must have got a good production unit. Can you share the exact service intervals for ARIA and the approx service cost you have incurred in each of these services. I know this may require you to pull up some records, but will help me if thats possible for you.

What do they exactly do in the first service which I hear happens before the regular 15k interval?

Thanks,
Amit
Old 23rd September 2013, 10:21   #878
BHPian

Quote:
Considering your ARIA was the 2010 model and so the Initial lot, I wont be surprised to see the under warranty replacements. However did any of these failures happen suddenly and left you stranded or could they be handled as part of service center visits.
Yes, mine was a vehicle that was shipped just before initial launch.
The ABS unit and temperature sensor issues were failures that happened in my vehicle in the first 5K kms or so (though didn't leave me stranded mid way)
Both these failure appeared as console warning lamps and messages. ABS one as warning regarding Brake Fluid leak and second one regarding "Restricted Performance" with the temperature needle swinging between the extremes.
The rest were regular service changes.

Quote:
Also what was the parts availaibility scenario for these mentioned replacements.
ABS unit was shipped from Pune in a days time and the Restricted Performance required someone to fly down from Pune to investigate. In general part availability was not really issue so far.

Quote:
6k for each service, isnt it too high. I assume you must have gone for paid addons like underbody treatment, interior cleaning, etc. other than regular services. Please correct me if otherwise.
No paid addons at all, everything at defaults/user manual recommendations. Now a days I try to do my service within 10K with Oil Change.
Old 23rd September 2013, 21:21   #879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobsterB View Post
Only once and it was fellow bhp-ian ecosport who was in the third row for some amount of time, so will leave it to him to comment. From the driver's angle the full load was felt, but was fine.
Wasn't that about three years ago? I don't have much recollection of how the comfort was but, I don't think it was bad, else I should have remembered.
ecosport is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2013, 12:06   #880
rkg
Senior - BHPian

What are the current offers one can expect on TATA cars. TATA has frugal. no ads even on its website about the current offers.

Is it right time to go for ARIA?
Old 24th September 2013, 12:22   #881

Quote:
What are the current offers one can expect on TATA cars. TATA has frugal. no ads even on its website about the current offers.

Is it right time to go for ARIA?
ARIA being sold by Tata Subsidiaries, all offers come from Tata (as per Concorde Motors Pune). Although I am sure the Sales team has a buffer to play here if booking is confirmed.

Below is what Concorde Pune offered me:

Pure LX - 1L cash discount to clear the stock. - Delivery within 1 week
Pleasure - 30K cash discount for September deliveries, however if booked now - delivery 1.5 months. Hence the discount and price will be as per the delivery month.
Pride - No discounts for September.

Thanks,
Amit
Old 24th September 2013, 12:50   #882
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ARIA being sold by Tata Subsidiaries, all offers come from Tata (as per Concorde Motors Pune). Although I am sure the Sales team has a buffer to play here if booking is confirmed.

Below is what Concorde Pune offered me:

Pure LX - 1L cash discount to clear the stock. - Delivery within 1 week
Pleasure - 30K cash discount for September deliveries, however if booked now - delivery 1.5 months. Hence the discount and price will be as per the delivery month.
Pride - No discounts for September.

Thanks,
Amit
These offers are for 2013 or 2012 models. As you said , iam planning to go for 2013 models only
Iam planning to go Pure LX.
In another website i have an ad which states that 3 year insurance at Rs1/- + 1Gm Gold+ cash discount. it is Pune edition papers. But there is no ARIA there. Strome they are offering 1,23,000 discount
Old 24th September 2013, 13:12   #883

Quote:
These offers are for 2013 or 2012 models. As you said , iam planning to go for 2013 models only
Iam planning to go Pure LX.
In another website i have an ad which states that 3 year insurance at Rs1/- + 1Gm Gold+ cash discount. it is Pune edition papers. But there is no ARIA there. Strome they are offering 1,23,000 discount
These are for the 2013 models in Pune. As per the Sales guy, the earliest production is April 2013 for Pure LX. Till last month he also had some Pure 2012 models which were cleared off at 2.5L discount. Now he does not have any 2012 models.

All the offers in media are for everything other than ARIA. These are mostly Company + dealer offers varying from City to State. As mentioned earlier, ARIA being sold only by TATA subsidiaries, there is nothing like a dealer offer, however I could sense some addons from the Sales kitty. Again this would vary on the sales guy and the city/state.

The Storme offer is on the models produced pre-monsoon sometime in April-May 2013. So I would be worried on the vehicle condition as they been lying in the stockyard for so many months.

Thanks,
Amit
amitpradhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2013, 13:23   #884
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
These are for the 2013 models in Pune. As per the Sales guy, the earliest production is April 2013 for Pure LX. Till last month he also had some Pure 2012 models which were cleared off at 2.5L discount. Now he does not have any 2012 models.

All the offers in media are for everything other than ARIA. These are mostly Company + dealer offers varying from City to State. As mentioned earlier, ARIA being sold only by TATA subsidiaries, there is nothing like a dealer offer, however I could sense some addons from the Sales kitty. Again this would vary on the sales guy and the city/state.

The Storme offer is on the models produced pre-monsoon sometime in April-May 2013. So I would be worried on the vehicle condition as they been lying in the stockyard for so many months.

Thanks,
Amit
Thanks. I will check with Concorde, Bangalore.
Have you got any information regarding the refresh version?
Old 24th September 2013, 14:29   #885
rkg
Senior - BHPian

I was offered Aug/Sept 2013 car with 3 years insurance @ 11K and exchange offer of 30K. I have asked him send me the details by mail

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks