Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2011, 21:49   #661
BHPian

Re: The Aria'L' route

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post
The problem here is that TATA has always been brilliant value for money...the Indica's and even the Safari bear credence to that. Unfortunately THAT is a tag that is going to haunt them forever. Because you begin to expect cars like the ARIA to be value for money.

TATA had an opportunity with the ARIA to really rub it in the noses of the competitors. Have a vastly superior (capable) off road/soft road crossover vehicle at a slight premium to the Innova top end. Wipe that market out (at least with personal buyers) and the re-design and replace the aged Safari as a true blue, earth shatteringly capable 4x4 beast, directly competing with the Fortuners/Captivas of the world.
I also notice that TML is moving away from a VFM product maker to a luxury product maker. And as a coincidence I think this trend started with the appointment of new CEO, Carl Peter. However at the moment, the products that TML have does not really call for high end positioning or price with probably the exception of ARIA.

ARIA does have most of the qualities, gadgets, for the price. But if it had two additional things, then for the same price, it would have been a killer.

1) Better looks along the line of luxury crossovers like GLK, Q5, etc.
2) More powerful engine

So, at this point I think there is a clear possibility of 2WD ARIA in the near future.
Old 10th April 2011, 10:07   #662
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post

1) Better looks along the line of luxury crossovers like GLK, Q5, etc.
2) More powerful engine
3) An A/T option would also make a lot of people consider it.
Old 11th April 2011, 16:35   #663
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post
ARIA does have most of the qualities, gadgets, for the price.
So, at this point I think there is a clear possibility of 2WD ARIA in the near future.
Actually the "User Manual" provided to all current buyers already lists a model called "Plus" which is supposed to be a base 2WD model. I guess it will come out at some stage when TATA is done with it's initial brand building aspect.
Old 11th April 2011, 16:55   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Actually the "User Manual" provided to all current buyers already lists a model called "Plus" which is supposed to be a base 2WD model. I guess it will come out at some stage when TATA is done with it's initial brand building aspect.
Isn't it called "Pure"? The user manual also talks about 4x2 variants for Pride, Prestige and Pleasure as well.
Old 11th April 2011, 21:10   #665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
3) An A/T option would also make a lot of people consider it.
I agree. A/T transmission will also be very useful add on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
I am guessing ARIA with A/T transmission might coincide with the launch of ARIA in export markets. But a 2WD option at the same time would also be very welcome addition to ARIA line.
Old 12th April 2011, 11:27   #666
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

i saw 2 Tata Aira's n Ahemdabad highway.Looked pretty impressive as compared to Innova. I guess the high price is keeping the sales from picking up. Should have been priced atleast 2-3 lakhs lower than the current price.
Old 23rd April 2011, 19:22   #667
BHPian

Tata Aria Facing Problems

As reported by NDTV, TATA's much hyped Aria has run into rough weather.

There are issues of not getting electronic components from China which has resulted in a much slower production rate.

It is also reported that TATA has also drastically cut production targets.

Hope and trust that there is better news in the offing for the Aria in the months to come with the disappointing March sales figures.

Note from Moderator: Post moved to this thread. Please continue the discussion here. Thanks

Last edited by .anshuman : 23rd April 2011 at 20:37. Reason: See note in the post.
Old 25th April 2011, 07:30   #668
Senior - BHPian

^^ I do hope Tata finds an alternate source at the earliest for these components, and at a competitive price, to keep the the car price under control.
Old 25th April 2011, 09:28   #669
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Was about 10 days back in the course of a general discussion informed by a person from TATA motors pune (while they were taking my feedback as a user) that this particular component sourcing issue that was affecting he top model has been resolved and things should be smooth from here on. He seemed to know what he was talking about. I had specifically pointed to the low figures for March.
Old 26th April 2011, 19:48   #670
Senior - BHPian

Just got back from a long test drive of the Aria Pride(top version i believe)

My views and comments;
1. Aria has no pep. its got peep peep not pom pom. I wont comment on the top speed, its not very important. But I do think the Aria needs a peppier engine with more torque. Pickup lacks. Cant help it, i drive a 2.2 Safari that cost me 11 lakhs and the Aria feels the same. The engine was also quite noisy(sound intrusion inside the cabin) with 2500 on the odo.

2. Interiors are certainly not worth 18.22 lakhs onroad Mumbai. I honestly think they could have done way better. It really didnt make me feel I walked into an 18 lakh car. Carpets are tacky. The roof storage pockets seem very funny indeed. They might be useful but with very limited usability.

3. Seats and suspension - Tata benchmark and class leading. But lots of body roll. I wonder how the rear benchers would feel.

4. Nice amount of kit for the price.

5. Im not biased but I really feel that the way the interiors were put together, didnt feel premium at all, though materials were far better by TML's own standards.

6. To access the keyhole for removing the stepney you have to remove a rectangular plastic shroud on the rear bumper. Both sales people from the showroom found it hard to take off that plastic. You will either break your finger nails or will have to use a sharp object/screwdriver to remove it. Maybe a better design would keep it sturdy from falling off and yet make it easy to open/access.

7. I also saw(didnt drive) the Tata venture. The way that thing is put together, exudes some class and finesse. Maybe TML's car dept should take a few cues from the truck dept.

8. WIll I buy the Aria . NO WAY. While I appreciate the effort made by TML to make a good crossover vehicle, there are still too many loose ends on a premium offering by Tata. For the price and the kit offered, it does seem vfm from all angles. But from the perspective of a premium offering, the tackiness doesnt cut it out with me. I will pay 2 lakhs less for the tackiness and the lack of built to last feel.
Old 26th April 2011, 20:11   #671
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Just got back from a long test drive of the Aria Pride(top version i believe)

My views and comments;
1. Aria has no pep. its got peep peep not pom pom. I wont comment on the top speed, its not very important. But I do think the Aria needs a peppier engine with more torque. Pickup lacks. Cant help it, i drive a 2.2 Safari that cost me 11 lakhs and the Aria feels the same. The engine was also quite noisy(sound intrusion inside the cabin) with 2500 on the odo.

2. Interiors are certainly not worth 18.22 lakhs onroad Mumbai. I honestly think they could have done way better. It really didnt make me feel I walked into an 18 lakh car. Carpets are tacky. The roof storage pockets seem very funny indeed. They might be useful but with very limited usability.

3. Seats and suspension - Tata benchmark and class leading. But lots of body roll. I wonder how the rear benchers would feel.

5. Im not biased but I really feel that the way the interiors were put together, didnt feel premium at all, though materials were far better by TML's own standards.

6. To access the keyhole for removing the stepney you have to remove a rectangular plastic shroud on the rear bumper. Both sales people from the showroom found it hard to take off that plastic. You will either break your finger nails or will have to use a sharp object/screwdriver to remove it. Maybe a better design would keep it sturdy from falling off and yet make it easy to open/access.

7. I also saw(didnt drive) the Tata venture. The way that thing is put together, exudes some class and finesse. Maybe TML's car dept should take a few cues from the truck dept.

8. WIll I buy the Aria . NO WAY. While I appreciate the effort made by TML to make a good crossover vehicle, there are still too many loose ends on a premium offering by Tata. For the price and the kit offered, it does seem vfm from all angles. But from the perspective of a premium offering, the tackiness doesnt cut it out with me. I will pay 2 lakhs less for the tackiness and the lack of built to last feel.
This is the most Biased report i have ever read.

The product actually speaks a lot when it comes to build quality and pricing, when compared to its counterparts, which infact are overpriced.

Its a bit overpriced, but only 8 -10 % than what it should.

And in general , Lets avoid aggravating reports when the word TATA is mentioned.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 26th April 2011 at 20:15.
Old 26th April 2011, 20:43   #672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Jay this is a crisp and short report and loved the above 2 points, guess it is time for Car dept to learn from the Trucks dept.

I had driven it longh back and it is nothing but the Safari 2.2 and did not like the seatings, myself 6.4 was not able to sit comfortably while driveing or at the time of sitting in the navigator seat.
gowda79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2011, 20:44   #673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
This is the most Biased report i have ever read.

The product actually speaks a lot when it comes to build quality and pricing, when compared to its counterparts, which infact are overpriced.

Its a bit overpriced, but only 8 -10 % than what it should.

And in general , Lets avoid aggravating reports when the word TATA is mentioned.
This has to be a biased report. Im biased towards my perspective > You may note that I too own a Tata - a Safari 2.2EX 4x4. And I quite like my ride. If you think this is Tata bashing, so be it. Its my perspective.

You may also note, that in the current market the Aria bieng a crossover does not have any counterpart competition. The Innova which is compared by many is a TLT(Toyota luxury tempo) and not a crossover.

I believe, if Tata wants to pitch itself in competition with international marques, it cannot shortchange on Quality. And I use Toyota as a benchmark of quality, not vis a vis price, because Toyota does not have a similar crossover product in the indian market especialy with regards to kit offered by Tata, which i think is awesome.

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 26th April 2011 at 20:48.
Old 26th April 2011, 23:33   #674
BANNED

Quote:
This has to be a biased report. Im biased towards my perspective > You may note that I too own a Tata - a Safari 2.2EX 4x4. And I quite like my ride. If you think this is Tata bashing, so be it. Its my perspective.

You may also note, that in the current market the Aria bieng a crossover does not have any counterpart competition. The Innova which is compared by many is a TLT(Toyota luxury tempo) and not a crossover.

I believe, if Tata wants to pitch itself in competition with international marques, it cannot shortchange on Quality. And I use Toyota as a benchmark of quality, not vis a vis price, because Toyota does not have a similar crossover product in the indian market especialy with regards to kit offered by Tata, which i think is awesome.
Please dont think that i am making a dig at u here.

I take back what i say.

So peace

I think its better compared when it has a similar competition in the Market.

And also, would like to see how its fared in the market the present month.
Old 9th May 2011, 15:56   #675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
I think its better compared when it has a similar competition in the Market.

And also, would like to see how its fared in the market the present month.
Fared pretty well, all things considered. 286 is not bad when the specific competition (Yeti) did 155 or something. Add to that the fact that the Aria has to fight Brand Perception whereas the Yeti has that going for it, and I think it did well.

Now to see the trend for the rest of the quarter/year.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks