Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2010, 19:35   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Aria Pride ------15,57,710 ------19,16,435
Wow, that's a huge difference! Gurgaon on-road price for this version is around 16.45 lacs (ex-showroom being 15.50)

Quote:
I would like to hear the rational behind it other than "Be indian buy Indian"!
So anyone plonking his money down on the Aria would only be doing so because he/she is patriotic.....surely a little far fetched ??
Old 13th October 2010, 19:43   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post
Has anyone else test driven the ARIA yet? And if you book it what is the waiting period?
As per Tayal Motors in Faridabad, the Car can be delivered in 10 days. Also they are ready to give a White Prestige they are having on the same day.
Old 13th October 2010, 19:52   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
Watch Out! From Next month Innova and Fortuner sales will be better than ever. TATA made a Very serious error on Pricing. Most dis-appointing!
Innova is utilitarian, Aria is more like in the Previa segment.

Its the mind set, since its TATA it has to be cheaper than a Toyota or Honda.

This well sell, because TATA has managed to create the hype that surrounded it as when it launched the Indica and the Safari, not the same extend but definitely better than what was created when the Grande was launched.

Last edited by prmd_cochin : 13th October 2010 at 19:55.
Old 13th October 2010, 19:54   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
I agree to this 100 %.

Seeing the pictures posted by GTO & Rehaan (reproduced again below), I think this should be possible, in their later models in the near future, hopefully. Surprising that customer feedback was not taken on this aspect during the design / initial testing phase by Tata.

My guess is that since they were unable to have adequate headroom for the 3rd row in the present design, they had to place the seats at a low height, resulting in poor thigh support for adults, and therefore decided to have the 3rd row for kids and small adults only, thereby releasing more boot space in the process. But with all this, I agree that it cannot be called a true 7 seater, as already mentioned by several others.
I hope they push the third seat a little back and release a v2. But the only question is does it accomodate the spare wheel under the body.

Regarding the pricing: I don't think it's over priced(well if it comes with a decent third row). Any one who doesnot think so check the pricing for all those safety features the competitors charge(in other markets - none are offered in india). I expect Tata's to come with 4X2 version with a price at or less than innova.
Old 13th October 2010, 19:54   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Wow, that's a huge difference! Gurgaon on-road price for this version is around 16.45 lacs (ex-showroom being 15.50)

In Bangalore road tax for vehicles above 10L is now 18% and add state taxes were already high .
Old 13th October 2010, 20:54   #186
BHPian

Ugh. It's that ugly design again on the front lights.

I think it's destined to fail. Given what's on offer, Tata simply does not have the brand image to ask for let alone maintain this price. I wouldn't be surprised to see some massive discounts being offered on the Aria in the near future.
Old 13th October 2010, 21:34   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

Seems like a great car. However, Tata's will need a lot of convincing to get the Indian Customer to pay that kind of Money. I salute the brave souls who will be the Guinea Pigs for Tata. I for one will keep my checkbook hidden until my Scorpio has raked about a lakh kms and the long term durability of this vehicle has been proven.

All these Gismos are great if they work. However, going by past history of these gismos/sensors start to fail the this 15 lakhs will only be start of your wallets drainage. I also feel that Mahindra will take the fight to them in about six months when their latest SUV is launched.
Old 13th October 2010, 21:39   #188
BHPian

If they say ' Innova does it then why Aria?' , then i would say Xylo does it better, then why an Innova ?

Aria is not a mass people mover aimed at Taxi segment, the bells and whistles mention it, probably a future 4X2 version with just one airbag might be, but not this.

TATA had to break into an upper segment sometime, and this is the safest bet. Launching a premuim car in the Laura -Jetta segment would have been suicidal, atleast here they dont have a direct competitor.
Old 13th October 2010, 21:45   #189
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
So anyone plonking his money down on the Aria would only be doing so because he/she is patriotic.....surely a little far fetched ??
For the initial buyers it will be a mix. Tata lovers, and some who want all the creature comforts found in 25L cars for 15L.

Though it is slightly overpriced, I feel that if Aria flops, it will not be because of price.
If Tata can provide good service to customers in the initial 6 months, reputation will build, and sales will pick up, but if the 17L car customer has to wait for 2 hours just to get a service advisor on the 1000kms service(happens in some areas where service centers are few in number), then it will lead to flop show.
Moreover, a 15-17L customer will be far less tolerant of niggles than say a 6-10L customer.
A slightly tight direction switch which occasionally requires some extra force to turn will be a small issue for a Tata sedan buyer, but a person plonking 17L will look at it very critically.
As you go up the segments, expectations balloon.

For a company like TATA, which has never ever been associated with luxury cars(15L and more), they cannot build on snob value(like toyota/honda/mercedes/Skoda/VW) can. They have to build a USP.

Also note that the buyer who wants a car for snob value(extremely large number in this price band), will tend to look at other brands which offer more "prestige", and can make him swell up with "pride"
Old 13th October 2010, 21:45   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone bought/booked the Aria on the Forum. I would like to hear the rational behind it other than "Be indian buy Indian"!
Wow!! What thought process?!!!

Anyway, my brother booked the Aria. Let me give you his rationale.

He found it to be the most comfortable, safest and 'family friendly' vehicle among all the options in Aria's price range. I concur.

About reliability and such: His logic was that TML has more ***'s and ASC's than all other competitors that he had shortlisted, in his region of travel : Punjab & NCR. And we have had beautiful experiences with 4 different Tata cars since 2000. So , he is pretty much putting his money where his mouth is.
Old 13th October 2010, 22:12   #191
Senior - BHPian

A couple of questions to which I've not found definitive answers.

A proper automatic climate control system?
Split temp zones? Warm air to feet, cold air to face?
Heater works for middle and rear seats?

Regards
Sutripta
Old 13th October 2010, 22:22   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Anyway, my brother booked the Aria. His logic was that TML has more ***'s and ASC's than all other competitors that he had shortlisted, in his region of travel : Punjab & NCR.
I am anxiously waiting for the first Aria owner in the forum. It looks like most of the posters in this thread, are not in the market for a car of this prize range.
I totally agree with rrsteer, Even if the service is not good, the fact that there is a service center close by gives lot of confidence, in case of Tata Cars, in that sense they are more "reliable"?

Last edited by teamveevee : 13th October 2010 at 22:23.
Old 13th October 2010, 22:50   #193
Senior - BHPian

As usual superb review. TATA has taken the game forward by leaps and bounds. The interiors and interior features clearly take the game from the rest of the car and may take the game away from the nearest competitor even. Well done TATA.
Old 14th October 2010, 09:31   #194
BHPian

Great Review GTO & Rehaan! Truly a great launch from Tata. Hope the slew of launches from Indian OEMs continue as we move ahead.

I would have liked a version with Sunroof and Auto transmission version (PREMIUM?!!).

Let us not be too speculative, the verdict will be out in a few months after the honeymoon period of sales is over (the first quarter sales).

But IMHO, the vehicle will drive other manufacturers to slot their launches too, and that will make it really exciting. We already have the W201 from M&M in the pipeline. Believe other major players to follow. Wonder if Maruti has a strategy to enter such territories!!!
Old 14th October 2010, 09:48   #195
BHPian

Aria looks good and features impressive. If this car proves to be reliable, i will not be surprised to see them in taxi segments too but different topic for discussion. (15k service interval, spares cheap etc etc)

Comparing with Innova and xylo, the aria comes loaded with features that they dont offer. 6 Airbags, esp, awd, display etc.

The 3rd row of innova is not comfortable for long journeys and xylo slightly better. Comparison, Aria offers decent space as well.

I am seriously considering this as next car option though i am delaying the booking bcos i know a mahindra and tata suv is in the making with loads of new features, and i somehow cannot get rid of the suv image. My family is in love with the aria though !

For the features this car offers, pricing is good. If i think of the german and jap cars, except a few, most of them are heavily overpriced (due to gov policy or company pricing plans) Tata always gave VFM.

And let's give tata a chance too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks