Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2014, 01:44   #541
BANNED

Re: Maruti Suzuki A-Star Auto - Road Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar.carthik View Post
They have a 2013 stock white a-star automatic. The on road price of the celerio is 5.25 and the a-star 5.45. .
I had the same option when I went to Maruti. Trust me. Wait for the Celerio. If you don't beleive me, just wait till the Celerio review and then make a choice.
Old 6th April 2014, 13:32   #542
BHPian

Quote:
I need your inputs to make the right choice.
It all depends on how long you can wait. If you need a car almost immediately, then it's the A-star. If you can put up with the ridiculous 6-month waiting period, then you can consider the Celerio.
Late last year, I saw ads with up to 70k discounts on the A-star. That should be a sweet deal.
The A-star AT is a nice and competent city car. You'd be happy with it if you can live with it's limited luggage and rear space.
Old 10th April 2014, 10:40   #543
BHPian

And I might also add that a torque converter AT is a jerk free, time tested, globally popular transmission unlike the AMT which is crude go between that is not a regular transmission in any global market.
outdoorlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 13:10   #544
BHPian

Thanks for the inputs guys. Narrowed it down to the a-star. Booked it and should be taking delivery this Monday.
kar.carthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 14:06   #545
Senior - BHPian

What discounts did you get on the A-Star ? Final on-road price ?
Old 10th April 2014, 15:31   #546
BHPian

One lakh in discount and the final on road is 4.45 L. ( this includes a nil depreciation insurance and 4th year extended warranty) .

Does it sound like a fair deal

Last edited by kar.carthik : 10th April 2014 at 15:40.
kar.carthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 15:42   #547
BHPian

Quote:
One lakh in discount and the final in road is 4.45 L. ( this includes a nil depreciation insurance and 4th year extended warranty) .

Does it sound like a fair deal
excellent deal, congrats!!. I brought my AT last year august, I paid 5.67 lakhs OTR in Bangalore.

Please double check every aspect of the vehicle. Make sure it was not test drive or showroom display vehicle.

After you take delivery, don't forget to swap the tyres to Michelim XM2(155/80/r13) or yoko (175/70/r13). which color have you opted for?
Old 25th April 2014, 16:23   #548
BHPian

Will be extremely grateful if someone can point me to a dealer having the AStar AT in stock - have checked with Vitesse & Sai Service but no luck :(
Old 29th April 2014, 16:48   #549
BHPian

Hello ,

The car has done close to 7000 kms over a period of 8 months, not a great deal of running; however two problems have cropped up recently:

1.) Car wobble (goes like a horse) under hard acceleration (kickdown to 2 from D mode) and also during braking to slow down from high speeds. Problem is not seen when the car is driven consistently at high speeds of 80-100 km/hr.

2.) Engine knocking with AC on at speeds below 5 km/hr in peak traffic. A feel of the RPM dipping below the idle mark, vehicle struggling to move and need to use accelerator.

Have you faced such problem, I am not expecting any part to fail on a brand new car.

Rgds,
Vinod
Old 3rd May 2014, 23:56   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post

1.) Car wobble (goes like a horse) under hard acceleration

2.) Engine knocking with AC on at speeds below 5 km/hr
Have clocked 22k in last 3 years. Haven't come across such issues. Yes, can feel the idling more now. But it pulls as earlier from dead stop with AC on.
Have done hard acceleration but the car behaves well except for the turbo like kick due to lower gear shifting.
bigwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2015, 15:07   #551
BHPian

Folks,

What is the service interval (5k/6months or 10k/1year) for astar automatic post the 3rd free service?

I moved to semi-synthetic oil during the 10k service. But last month I got an early call from MASS (Pratham motors) insisting on a service every 6 months, I am not really convinced with what they have said. I called up Maruti customer care and they put me across to the service center again for my queries.

Your responses will be helpful.

Rgds,
Vinod
Old 11th May 2015, 16:28   #552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean
What is the service interval (5k/6months or 10k/1year) for astar automatic post the 3rd free service?
For most (if not all) Maruti cars, the interval is now 10000 kms /1 year. IIRC, the M800 was the only one with 5K/6mon service interval.
You can confirm it in the user-manual. If you don't have it, you can download it here http://www.sagarauto.com/pdfs/A-STAR.pdf

The MSIL site usually has the manuals for download, but looks like they now have it only for the current cars. Since A-Star is not sold anymore, they seem to have removed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean
But last month I got an early call from MASS (Pratham motors) insisting on a service every 6 months, I am not really convinced with what they have said.
Usual MASS practice to get some more revenue. Just ignore them.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2015, 12:47   #553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
Folks,

I moved to semi-synthetic oil during the 10k service. But last month I got an early call from MASS (Pratham motors) insisting on a service every 6 months, I am not really convinced with what they have said. I called up Maruti customer care and they put me across to the service center again for my queries.

Your responses will be helpful.

Rgds,
Vinod
The manual devotes a few pages on the service schedules. All K series engines have 10K km/1 year oil change interval.
http://www.sagarauto.com/pdfs/A-STAR.pdf
Inspection and Service tables are on page 134-137
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2015, 12:41   #554
BHPian

Hi guys, my A-Star AT just clocked little over 6500 in one year. But had to go in for the 3rd free service with a oil change because of time. What i was told is that 10K or one year. My next service would be 16K or one year. I have a enclosed a copy of the bill for your reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki A-Star Auto - Road Test-scanned-5302015-1236-pm.jpg  

Old 30th May 2015, 14:58   #555
BHPian

Kar.carthik, I think I paid a similar amount when I got my A Star AT serviced last year after completing about 5.5k. I have clocked about 8700kms now in the past 1.1/2 years and am quite happy with the performance though it is the second car in our family. The sheer manoeuvrability of this micro car with with true AT is unbeatable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks