Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2010, 10:19   #466
BHPian

somehow started liking this car a lot.
Old 6th August 2010, 11:11   #467
BHPian

Its been quite a while and i havent yet seen a single ownership thread for Micra. Not even a single t-bhpian in first 1000?
I've seen one in my office and it didnt look so odd standing close to other hatches as we would believe. While its not eye-catching its not a nay-sayer as well.
Old 7th August 2010, 10:42   #468
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshA View Post
i havent yet seen a single ownership thread for Micra. Not even a single t-bhpian in first 1000?
Here you go : Nissan Micra Review + Lots of pics
Old 8th August 2010, 03:09   #469
BHPian

Great review. Waiting to see how the diesel engine fares in the Micra.
Old 9th August 2010, 10:19   #470
BHPian

For all of you complaning about the Nissan Micra site being very slow due to high band width requirement , here it is a low bandwidh compatible page . This is also quite useful too,

Nissan - Micra
Old 9th August 2010, 14:12   #471
Senior - BHPian

Last weekend I saw the Micra on display in Chennai , the car looks fair sized. There seems to be some panel gaps in front & hatch closing areas.
The interior seems to be spacious , however the back bench seat is not comfortable at all, it seems that they have reduced the depth of the seat hence there is very less thigh support, I feel Nissan should address this point else I can see lot of people walking away from Micra, definitely a deal breaker.
Old 10th August 2010, 11:24   #472
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I saw a brand new customer Micra on the road, and the first thing I noticed were the uneven panel gaps!! I was informed that my test car was a pre-production unit and hence, the inconsistencies. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to hold true. I fail to understand how a reputable Japanese manufacturer can sell a modern car with such glaring errors. Heck, even humbler cars priced far lower have equal panel gaps.
Old 14th August 2010, 02:03   #473
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I saw a brand new customer Micra on the road, and the first thing I noticed were the uneven panel gaps!! I was informed that my test car was a pre-production unit and hence, the inconsistencies. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to hold true. I fail to understand how a reputable Japanese manufacturer can sell a modern car with such glaring errors. Heck, even humbler cars priced far lower have equal panel gaps.
Absolutely. Even in spark the panel gaps are even which is priced almost 1.5l lower than Micra.
Old 14th August 2010, 04:02   #474
Senior - BHPian

The Nissan website shows an image of interiors in black (dash, seat covers etc). However in their pricing area, only the Greige option is displayed. Does someone know if the black dash will be available at a later date?
Also, the review mentions that it is wafty at 140 - does this imply any lack os stability/ veering?
Old 16th August 2010, 15:04   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
True , add to the panel gaps ,the finish of the frame on which the rear glass sits very bad . The edges of the frame is very uneven and the car doesnt look premium if we look behind from the rear seat .

Couple of other areas in the car also looked uneven and exposed . Couldnt take pictures and I am not so experienced to explain the exact positions .
There is not much space kept vacant under the hood . Good utilization of space .

Well all these observations came out after the test drive that I took at the Queens road Showroom .
As GTO mentioned in his initial review , the car looks like a mini Cayenne . Infact the other day , we almost mistook the car for the German Cute SUV.

Jotting down couple of points after my test drive

1 Looks
  • Looks very much a mini cayenne from front . Round head light and the grill give smart resemblance to Cayenne from a distance
  • Cute looks attracting the woman population , the rear though was not of my taste . Infact the way in which the body lines conclude at the rear dint go well with the front design
  • Interiors are different from those designs that we have seen all these days. I prefer the black interiors to the beige ones on the top end variant .
  • Plastic quality dint feel premium .
  • Glossy chrome on the door hook looks flashy . Mat finish would have been better
  • Presence of rear viper gives the extra sporty feel to the mid variant .
  • The vehicle we drove had an alloy and michelin energy tires . Alloys looked very classy .
2 Ride
  • Acceleration in the 2nd and 3rd gears isn't impressive . ( both with and without a/c ) .
  • Slotting into gears takes effort .
  • Long throws,doesnt give much feel
  • Very comfortable ride , swallows all the rain gutters on the bangalore roads.
  • Dint take for a highway drive , so cannot comment on handling and high speed stability .
3- Space
  • Ample leg room for the rear passengers .
  • Not much shoulder room . ( 3 of us , the chunkiest among our friends tried sitting at the rear seat - so should be decent for 3 average sized people )
  • Decent head room .
  • Boot space surprised me , comparable with Polo and Figo .
Overall experience was decent . The sales guy was not so impressed with all 5 of us getting into the already crowded dealership and going through the details of the display car . Wished we had a 'media identity card ' so that we had a better treatment .
He was also going gaa-gaa about the alloys and michelin tires when we asked him about the price of them . 22k for the alloys and '8k' for each tire. I am not so sure about the price of Michelin Energy tires . But I dont think it will be 8k per tire . When i said that we get michelin for 4k and change , he changed the topic to something else .

Anyway a decent car , nothing great it offers to a petrol head . But a good car for those who love the cute contours - who want to have good rear leg room - big boot .
Old 17th August 2010, 14:33   #476
Senior - BHPian

is there any claim about the mileage and A.S.S of micra, can it be a better option thatn a old swift kseries model
Old 28th August 2010, 21:59   #477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
is there any claim about the mileage and A.S.S of micra, can it be a better option thatn a old swift kseries model
Company claimed mileage is 18.06kmpl. My Micra has just done 500kms and I am getting 11-12 kmpl. Regarding the A.S.S, it's quite good. I have been attended to promptly every time I have been to their showroom/workshop. Costs will be a sore point, I think you should read my latest post regarding the same in my ownership thread here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-review-5.html

Last edited by W.A.G.7 : 28th August 2010 at 22:00.
Old 31st August 2010, 13:58   #478
Senior - BHPian

Test drove Micra just now for few Kms. Here is my impulsive feedback purely from a driver's perspective.

1) Steering is way too light and no feedback - not very confidence inspiring, in fact scary.
2) Turning radius is a bliss when driving / parking in city.
3) Turns heads!
4) Engine - just enough power for the car, not very peppy.
5) Gears - easy to operate, precise.

Didn't get enough time to check out interiors in detail. Micra has got that very typical Japanese small car feel.

Last edited by clevermax : 31st August 2010 at 14:01.
Old 31st August 2010, 17:36   #479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
If I may jump in, I think you are overlooking the actual use-case of the proximity sensor. As in, at a theoretical level both are equivalent at one button press each; however, the difference lies in "where is the button"?
I think he was talking about a scenario where the person with the key is standing further away from the car but would like to open it for retrieving something. As an example, a person on the 2nd floor of a building may be able to open the door with a remote instead of throwing the keys down or making a trip down. I do agree it is more useful when we are carrying stuff to the car.
IMHO too much is being made of the key fob. I would be more interested in the spare/ service costs and the quality of service on offer.
Old 31st August 2010, 20:45   #480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.k View Post
nissan offers micra at a great value for money pack, and as per the reports it gives you a average of upto 17kmpl on highways and thats a decent average,
Sorry but I do not agree. I feel Micra with 5+ lakhs OTR, is not at all VFM. I am comparing it with cars like Figo and Punto which are much much better cars compared to Micra. Figo has got to be real VFM, but Micra is no way near the VFM region.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks