Team-BHP - Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/76341-volkswagen-polo-test-drive-review-91.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pedal2Metal (Post 1906131)
I have some news for all you guys!

I went to the VW showroom yesterday, here in Hyd and the SP adviced me to book the car in October since they are launching the 'Polo Sedan' and that VW is considering a price correction of the Polo. He expects the Polo to be sold at about 1Lakh less than the current price. I found that hard to be believe but it came from a SP.

From what I've heard is, VW is suffering a loss on every Polo that they are making. Yes, it sounds weird but that is what ACI quoted. And in the coming months, VW will hike the price of Polo.
The least VW could do is add some more features to the car like electric mirrors, USB/aux-in etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pedal2Metal (Post 1906131)
I have some news for all you guys!

I went to the VW showroom yesterday, here in Hyd and the SP adviced me to book the car in October since they are launching the 'Polo Sedan' and that VW is considering a price correction of the Polo. He expects the Polo to be sold at about 1Lakh less than the current price. I found that hard to be believe but it came from a SP.

Yeah I also got to know that from VW dealer that the sedan will be out by year end and ex showroom price of 10 lakhs :D but Price correction is highly doubtful, max it can do is add some features on the top end one, Trendline cannot go down by a lakh, too optimistic

Quote:

Originally Posted by carfanatic007 (Post 1906395)
Yeah I also got to know that from VW dealer that the sedan will be out by year end and ex showroom price of 10 lakhs :D but Price correction is highly doubtful, max it can do is add some features on the top end one, Trendline cannot go down by a lakh, too optimistic

Reducing the price by a lakh would be a suicidal move and one that can have the same effect as the Daewoo move to slash the Cielo's prices by a huge margin.

Price correction (if true), this early into a launch, stinks.

Saw 2 more polo's, the numbers are growing. Man everytime i look at it, its looks really classy and wish i could buy it. The waiting period, damn that:Frustrati
Had visited the showroom, the rear seat comfort is really bad, over long drives it will be a pain to sit at the back. The space is less, and also the angle is too straight. That apart, nothing major i could see as a deal breaker.
Clearly the classiest looking premium hatch on the roads (just my own opinion)

mkh, going by the fact that only 10% of the bookings have been delivered in Bangalore, you can expect to see a lot more of them on Bangalore roads in the near future. After a long time we are seeing a car design which is conventional,clean and classy.
The rumor of price correction is nothing but total crap.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkh (Post 1907797)
Saw 2 more polo's, the numbers are growing. Man everytime i look at it, its looks really classy and wish i could buy it. The waiting period, damn that:Frustrati
Had visited the showroom, the rear seat comfort is really bad, over long drives it will be a pain to sit at the back. The space is less, and also the angle is too straight. That apart, nothing major i could see as a deal breaker.

Err,.. starting from a base of zero, any new product's numbers will grow! Where will it top off is the question.

That apart, what I'm more interested in is what happened to the Blitz we expected from VW. Huge waiting periods are one thing. I can count the number of actual owners of this car on this forum on practically one hand, and most if not ALL of them seem to have nothing to say about their acquisitions once they got them. All the threads have gone dry after delivery.

Anyone home?

Quote:

Originally Posted by crackingride (Post 1907884)
Err,.. starting from a base of zero, any new product's numbers will grow! Where will it top off is the question.

That apart, what I'm more interested in is what happened to the Blitz we expected from VW. Huge waiting periods are one thing. I can count the number of actual owners of this car on this forum on practically one hand, and most if not ALL of them seem to have nothing to say about their acquisitions once they got them. All the threads have gone dry after delivery.

Anyone home?

Maybe they're too busy enjoying their cars :D

Hey just got back from the showroom with my White POLO TL. The car drove just fine, though seemed a little less powerful (you can owe that to me driving an ikon prior to this).

Have a look at the photographs, could only click a few photographs, it's too hot outside in delhi and i can't find my camera... sorry for uploading pics from the phone camera.

In the pics you can probably also see the seat covers i've gone in for.

Will add more photographs when i find my stupid camera.

Also can someone tell me if the Polo TL comes with a cigarette lighter and an ashtray or not. The SP told me it doesn't but i clearly remember seeing TLs with the ashtray and the lighter. even on the 29th page you can see pics of a TL with an ashtray in it.

Cheers
Siddharth

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sidkapur30 (Post 1907940)
Hey just got back from the showroom with my White POLO TL. The car drove just fine, though seemed a little less powerful (you can owe that to me driving an ikon prior to this).

Cheers
Siddharth

Hey sid... white looks nice. Good seat covers too. Where did you get them ??
Just curious as to why your so particular about the cigarette lighter !! Please post more pics

Hey Sid, Congrats!

Please start a new thread with your ownership review. We dont mind pics from your phone camera :). There are very few Polo ownership threads and as crackingride rightly said, all of them have gone dry!

Quote:

Originally Posted by adi99 (Post 1908192)
Hey Sid, Congrats!

Please start a new thread with your ownership review. We dont mind pics from your phone camera :). There are very few Polo ownership threads and as crackingride rightly said, all of them have gone dry!

Hey Sid Congrats, the car looks great, do let us know the FE you are getting

Quote:

Originally Posted by crackingride (Post 1907884)

Anyone home?

agree: But for the threads to continue, people have to participate. Thread starter can only do so much. We should collectively take the responsibility.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sidkapur30 (Post 1907940)

Have a look at the photographs, could only click a few photographs, it's too hot outside in delhi and i can't find my camera... sorry for uploading pics from the phone camera.

In the pics you can probably also see the seat covers i've gone in for.

Will add more photographs when i find my stupid camera.

Also can someone tell me if the Polo TL comes with a cigarette lighter and an ashtray or not. The SP told me it doesn't but i clearly remember seeing TLs with the ashtray and the lighter. even on the 29th page you can see pics of a TL with an ashtray in it.

Cheers
Siddharth

Congratulations Sidharth! Please start your own thread at the earliest.
Having bought a new TL, you are in a better position to inform us about cigarette lighter - Is it not? But why are you asking this? - Do you have any doubts on the integrity of the dealer?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkh (Post 1907797)

Mine will add to the numbers by next week end! :D

To tell you frankly, my family liked the Polo rear seat comforts much more then the other cars we test drove. These seats are primarily designed by orthopedic surgeons for lamber support. Even the head rest is designed to give a good cervical support. In case of accidents, these head supports tilt to give added support to our neck. Leg room at the rear is definitely at a premium. But even this is not a problem when medium height people are sitting.

Today, most of us do not use rear seats 90% of the time. Other times when we are using, it is manageable. Polo is mainly to be used as a self driven vehicle, rather than a chaffer driven vehicle. This is the reason these European cars like Polo, Punto have more prominence for front row space and the boot space. For people who use rear seats more than 50% of the time, there are other cars. This is only my opinion.

Had been to the dealership today. Here are some numbers;
Not at all looking good. IMHO people who book now can expect deliveries only in 2011!!! I think that the current import of components is around 75%. Hence the delay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chethan B G (Post 1908758)
agree: But for the threads to continue, people have to participate. Thread starter can only do so much. We should collectively take the responsibility.

Congratulations Sidharth! Please start your own thread at the earliest.
Having bought a new TL, you are in a better position to inform us about cigarette lighter - Is it not? But why are you asking this? - Do you have any doubts on the integrity of the dealer?

Mine will add to the numbers by next week end! :D

To tell you frankly, my family liked the Polo rear seat comforts much more then the other cars we test drove. These seats are primarily designed by orthopedic surgeons for lamber support. Even the head rest is designed to give a good cervical support. In case of accidents, these head supports tilt to give added support to our neck. Leg room at the rear is definitely at a premium. But even this is not a problem when medium height people are sitting.

Today, most of us do not use rear seats 90% of the time. Other times when we are using, it is manageable. Polo is mainly to be used as a self driven vehicle, rather than a chaffer driven vehicle. This is the reason these European cars like Polo, Punto have more prominence for front row space and the boot space. For people who use rear seats more than 50% of the time, there are other cars. This is only my opinion.

• About 700 bookings done till last month at Elite motors alone.
  • Out of which 250 will be delivered by Aug-31, as per current schedule.
  • Dealer hoping that VW will get in to action and start delivering more number of cars by July.
  • Current daily average - 2 cancellations and 12 new bookings!!
  • All cancellations related to delivery issues.
Not at all looking good. IMHO people who book now can expect deliveries only in 2011!!! I think that the current import of components is around 75%. Hence the delay.

Man I am scared :eek:, I booked 2 weeks back at Elite motors and he said I will get in 3-4 months max but your info of only 250 cars by Aug 31 is scary.............

anyways can someone tell me what is the price at which the dealer is taking back the OEM fitted audio system in Highline version?

Quote:

+1 This is a normal characteristics of European cars.
Quote:

• About 700 bookings done till last month at Elite motors alone.
  • Out of which 250 will be delivered by Aug-31, as per current schedule.
  • Dealer hoping that VW will get in to action and start delivering more number of cars by July.
  • Current daily average - 2 cancellations and 12 new bookings!!
  • All cancellations related to delivery issues.

700 bookings is tremendous, yet 2 cancellations per day is not good. But the dealerships seems to be least bothered since they will happily allocate the car to the next customer in the queue.After having waited for months it is not wise to cancel at the last stage. Some one else will coolly walk away with your car.
Chetan, Did you check on the corporate discount? The SM told I am eligible for 10K

Quote:

Originally Posted by carfanatic007 (Post 1908797)
anyways can someone tell me what is the price at which the dealer is taking back the OEM fitted audio system in Highline version?

5K if you want to sell it. 40K if you want to buy it! :Shockked:
Any body interested? I can give mine for 20K !!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by poloman (Post 1908801)
Chetan, Did you check on the corporate discount? The SM told I am eligible for 10K

I am not eligible since I am in to business. Only bad thing about being self employed! :D

@Carfanatic 007 - Try to get the commitment in writing. That can help you to a great extent. Otherwise ..... IMHO forget it for this year if it is Highline.