Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2010, 23:15   #1321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Are VW offering Corporate discount? One of my friends visited the VW showroom on Hosur road Bangalore last week. Dealer offered corporate discount of 8K. The waiting period was advised as 4 months.

Also, he advised that the test drive car has been sold off!
Yes they are offering a discount of 8k , but only for listed corporate firms. I got the same.
FYI - The demo car cannot be sold cz : As a rule the cars has to be invoiced in manufacturing plant itself , max to max a car has to be invoiced within 3 days of delivery in the VW-Showroom. Rest you never know.. but ideally it is not possible.
Old 22nd May 2010, 00:20   #1322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Are VW offering Corporate discount? One of my friends visited the VW showroom on Hosur road Bangalore last week. Dealer offered corporate discount of 8K.
Yes. I was given 10k corporate discount from VW Downtown,Mumbai
Old 22nd May 2010, 00:25   #1323
BHPian

10K? Which organisation you belong to? I am from Wipro and got 8k
Old 22nd May 2010, 12:16   #1324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Chetan, Did you get a chance to test drive Diesel Polo?
Poloman - No, TD car was not available. Will check today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidkapur30 View Post
@ chethan - congrats mate. The story here is also pretty much the same. I was to take the delivery tomorrow and I'm flying out in the morning it self. I think the delivery will have to wait till Sunday.
As for my experience, Kashyap motors was pretty 'by the book' in writing down the delivery day for me and living up to it. Actually they've delivered it sooner than expected. But again their staff is a true let down - they actually make you feel as if they're doing you a favour by selling you the car.
Congrats none the less.

Cheers
Siddharth
Thanks Sid! And wish you the same!

They still have to get used to Volume sales - Don't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infantarian View Post
Dropped in at the VW dealer yesterday again. Had booked the Comfortline initially. Planning to change it and opt for the Highline as I believe the added features do justice to the additional lakh of rupees. Was especially impressed with the Multi Function Display which also shows the fuel efficiency so that I don't need the use the old full tank > empty tank method.

For those interested, there is a silver polo diesel available for TD at Vidyut Motors, Pune.
IMHO, MFD is a good gadget to have mainly because of the feel good factor. But Highline is definitely worth the extra 1L. IMO it is either Trendline or Highline, and may not be in-between if we are looking at VFM. But again, every one has his own requirements. Split folding seats, Height adjustable driver seats, rear Power windows and internal wiring pre-done for the music system, are the main (indispensable) attraction in comfortline. Yes - even this can be a great choice!

MFD can show a wrong FE. But what is important is the repeatability. If the repeatability is good, we can always mentally calibrate (we can take 15 when the MFD shows 16, for example). So no harm in feeling Good!!

Highline should be purchased for all these added features considered as a whole - ABS/EBD, Air Bags, Fog lamps, 15' MAG Wheels, Key less entry, Integrated Music System, Rear Defogger and wiper, Chrome inserts, Seat Fabric and MFD.

IMHO, if one does not mind paying 1L more, this is an excellent car with the features it has got to offers. But, for some of us who value quality more then anything, Polo is VFM at the price it is sold today. We are paying extra for the added quality we get. (Just my opinion - no offense meant for other car owners)

Can any body try and get details on Extended warranty and AMC for Polo? I will also try to get it from my side.
Old 22nd May 2010, 16:45   #1325
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

I still have a big question that only VW can answer: Can the polo 1.6 become a spiritual successor to the palio 1.6?
Old 24th May 2010, 12:51   #1326
BHPian

The Red looks too good .

The car if u see it in close quarters has a lot of resemblance with Honda City in the front .

The second row space could have been better
Old 24th May 2010, 13:01   #1327
Senior - BHPian

Saw a white one for the first time. It would look good with some blue colour additions in modifications (wheels etc)
Old 24th May 2010, 13:04   #1328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
I still have a big question that only VW can answer: Can the polo 1.6 become a spiritual successor to the palio 1.6?
The palio 1.6 does 0-100 in 12.5 secs. The polo does it in 11.5. Also I think the polo will handle way better than a palio.
Old 24th May 2010, 13:27   #1329
BHPian

Some Dealers say , there are going to be changes in Polo after negetive feedback from customers on some stripped down feautres.
Any one can confirm if true?
Old 24th May 2010, 13:59   #1330
BHPian

I saw a white Polo near marthahalli ORR this weekend. I was amazed at how little road presence it actually has. And man what NOISE as it passed me by!!
Old 24th May 2010, 18:52   #1331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Saw a white one for the first time. It would look good with some blue colour additions in modifications (wheels etc)
Quote:
I saw a white Polo near marthahalli ORR this weekend. I was amazed at how little road presence it actually has. And man what NOISE as it passed me by!!
me too. this was first Polo spotting in Polo. i saw this one near Silk board. As usual i keep looking out for new cars on road. i saw some new kind of car coming and later realized its a Polo. But looked kind of white indica at night

Quote:
10K? Which organisation you belong to? I am from Wipro and got 8k
With so much demand for Polo i wonder why VW is offering corporate discount!

My friends want to form a group and bargain for a discount and freebees!Any one has managed to get group discount along with corporate discount?
Old 24th May 2010, 21:48   #1332
Distinguished - BHPian

Polo Diesel TL Red - Delivered

Finally, my TL Diesel was delivered to my home after all the approvals and registration. Irony is, I am out of town till Saturday night, so will not get a chance to drive this beauty till then.

Will post initial driving experiences once I get back!

Thanks to the Team BHP posts, I got to know of the Corporate Discount I am eligible for in the nick of time. Although I had paid the full amount to the dealer two weeks ago anticipating delivery that week, the delivery did not happen till today due to State Transporat Approvals for a completely new vehicle model to get introduced in TN roads. The dealer agreed to refund the Corporate discount amount (10K) from my the full payment I had made earlier. Once that comes through, my bottomline on-road price will be Rs. 6.01 Lakhs after discount!
Old 24th May 2010, 22:12   #1333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
I saw the same one I think. around 3pm in the afternoon on the ring road.
The red polo looks the best according to me though.
Old 25th May 2010, 09:48   #1334
Senior - BHPian

Bye bye VW

Had booked a TL Polo and was patiently waiting for delivery of my car which was in the month of October. Lost my patience as it seemed insane after some time to wait for nearly 6 months for a 5L car and went straight to Downtown VW and cancelled my booking!!! Bought a Ritz the very same day which was delivered in 5 days!!
With due respect to all Polo fans here, this car is not an outstanding package which demands such a long waiting period. Anyways if VW wish to hike sales they really need to pull up their socks and reduce the delivery period which are driving away potential customers.
Old 25th May 2010, 10:39   #1335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
With due respect to all Polo fans here, this car is not an outstanding package which demands such a long waiting period. Anyways if VW wish to hike sales they really need to pull up their socks and reduce the delivery period which are driving away potential customers.
True; A quick peruse of the "test drives and initial ownership" forum shows more Figos than anything else.
The kind of situation on the ground to what VW was supposedly preparing assiduously for doesn't help their case either.
With all their plant being up a year early, and pre-production getting underway months ago and all the rest, the Polo has lost the initiative to take market leadership.
If you cant even deliver on the initial orders, what's to say about sustaining interest amongst the buying public for orders down the road?

Most Viewed