Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2010, 18:39   #1246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
'Tis great to see so many folks jumping on the Polo bandwagon.
Yupp all this and more... while you have sold off yours !
...long time mate ! How about an update on your Polo thread !

- B4W
Old 12th May 2010, 20:54   #1247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Yupp all this and more... while you have sold off yours !
...long time mate ! How about an update on your Polo thread !

- B4W
SOLD OFF

When did it happen? AFAIR Khan was to sell it off by end of this year.
Old 13th May 2010, 12:23   #1248
BHPian

1.2 Tsi

I know this was discussed to death earlier but i still don't see an acceptable reason for VW not to introduce the brilliant 1.2 TSI in its Polo (atleast as a top line variant).

Even i had commented earlier that this was most probably due to the inferior fuel quality in our country, but increasingly this sounds hollow (with BS4 fuel and all being introduced).

Skoda Laura comes with a much more powerful TSI engine, so why not Polo?

Any intelligent guesses?
Old 13th May 2010, 12:37   #1249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liner4u View Post
It is said that when u drive normally the gear shift indicator shows gears changes for mileage and when u drive aggressively it shows gears changes for performance. WOW that's a really nice feature !!
I once drove a Merc A class with this feature. It looked more or less an eye candy feature to me. I was looking at the up/down shift arrows on the display for a while. Later I felt it was taking the fun of driving away from me by looking at the suggestions and gear shifting accordingly. A better alternative is the mileage estimation feature according to me.

Nirmal
Old 13th May 2010, 13:07   #1250
BANNED

What are engine options are available at the moment in Polo ?
Old 13th May 2010, 13:35   #1251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmalts View Post
I once drove a Merc A class with this feature. It looked more or less an eye candy feature to me. I was looking at the up/down shift arrows on the display for a while. Later I felt it was taking the fun of driving away from me by looking at the suggestions and gear shifting accordingly. A better alternative is the mileage estimation feature according to me.

Nirmal
I agree it takes away the fun of driving, but what I am surprised about is that VW are not even advertising it as a feature. But that said its the first time that such a feature is available in a hatchback. Its not available even on its costlier cousin the Fabia
Old 13th May 2010, 21:36   #1252
BHPian

Quote:
I agree it takes away the fun of driving, but what I am surprised about is that VW are not even advertising it as a feature. But that said its the first time that such a feature is available in a hatchback. Its not available even on its costlier cousin the Fabia
I never noticed this feature during the test drive. Is it actually there in the Polo? I don't think so.
Old 14th May 2010, 10:28   #1253
Distinguished - BHPian

Polo Diesel - Few days away from final Delivery

Hi all,

This is my first post at Team BHP. I have benefited a lot from going through the various threads about the VW polo in this forum.

After reading GTO's review and the first reports on Overdrive magazine, I was set on the VW Polo Trendline Petrol. Went to the Chennai Dealer, paid the advance and booked the car in red color in end Feb. The initially promised delivery was by end March.

End March cam and went, still no news of the delivery. In early April, I was informed of the delivery delays and end-April was indicated as the possible date.

Finally, on May 6th, we get a call. The company has despatched red treendline polos. But hold on for this - "these are diesels sir, not petrols", will take a few more weeks to get the Petrol version for you. I was tired of waiting by now and also had started reading some positive reports about the Diesel Polos. Made an intuitive decision and asked the dealer SP, can I get the Diesel one instead. The SP said he would check and get back to me. The next day, they agreed to give me the Diesel TL Polo.

Another issue cropped up now, the State Transport Authority needs to approve the model for registration since it is entirely new to the state. This is going to take a few more days. However, the salesperson agreed to let me do a Puja of the car early this week. So I got the first look at my Polo.

Will post the photos and first impression Sunday when I am back in Town. Expecting to get the delivery early next week.

thanks everyone for all your comments and opinions!
Old 14th May 2010, 10:57   #1254
BHPian

Guys I am really confused whether to take a white polo or black one. Please give me some suggestions. Please consider that I already own a black car (Fabia). I think that Polo looks better in white than black. Your comments are welcome.
Old 14th May 2010, 11:04   #1255
BHPian

White will look classier. Just saw a black polo on the way to office. Looks ordinary.
Old 14th May 2010, 11:09   #1256
BHPian

Hello Guys.!!

Although this might be slightly off topic here.However i assumed this is something which should be highlighted amongst all the prospective polo owners like me.

It would be un-ethical on my part to paste the link of another community,so attaching the reviews of a VW Polo Owner in Singapore ,who has recently bought the Beauty.

Please share your opinions on this one as mentioned below.

Disgusted with VW Polo's Car Quality and Customer Service
I need to share my frustration and bad experience with VW Singapore, on the quality of the car as well as the bad customer service assistance rendered to my case.

I received my new Polo on 26 Feb 2010,and within the first week, i realised that my rear windows will auto wind-down by itself when i shut down engine/ lock the car. Initially, i thought it was due to my own careless that i forgotten to wind up the window. But after the 5th time, i realised that both windows still will come down by itself the next day, even thought i have checked and ensure that all windows were closed when i left the vehicle.

In one of the night (on the 10th day after getting the car), the windows came down again and it was pouring heavily. By the time i got to my vehicle after work, the whole back seat was soaked with rain/dirt, and my bag with my laptop was totally drenched as well (laptop was soaked with water..HD died and cannot be boot up) ! I have no choice, but to bring the car back to VW on 9 Mar 2010 to seek for their help to check.

When i was there, i approached my salesman- jerome lee to seek for his help and to tell him my problem with the new car. He said he was busy, and will get back to me later. After waiting for more than 2.5 hrs, he never appeared at all, apparently too busy serving his new, potential customers. He did not care to even call me, or to offer any assistance on my case. In the end, another Service man (Eric) helped me to rectify the problem. The next day, i was told that they will need to change the control panel and driver window panel. I will need to wait for 2 weeks for the parts to be in for replacement. And, they could not compensate me for the damage of my laptop as it was not under their purview. I told them this was unacceptable, and Eric has kindly helped me to expenditure the parts to be flown in so that they can replace the damage parts. Great! Problem solved although VW could not compensate me for the waste of time/ money and the loss of all my data and work inside the laptop.

And today, 31 Mar 2010, the car's aircon was faulty. Only hot air blown out, no cold air and the fan was producing same weird noise. i called my salesman Jerome and asked why is my NEW CAR giving me so many problems! First, the windows' panel..and now within 1 month, the aircon. When i was buying the car, he said that VW is one of the leading car brand in the world with superior engineering quality. And now look at my 1 month old Polo! And he can actually told me that he has sold many polos, and i was in bad luck to get this car. Are you telling me that VW DOES NOT DO CONDUCT SERIOUS QUALITY CHECK on their car, and it depends on the customers' luck whether they get a new car with zero problem or if you are in bad luck, a car with faulty parts? Or is it because Polo, being the cheapest/ non-luxury car in the showroom, do not deserve the kind detailed QC before they are launched and sold to the customer?!

I demand an explanation for my case and please do not think that we, consumers have all the time in the world, taking vacation leave to send the car for repair, to spend on cab for traveling and again wasting resources such as season parkings because the car needed servicing so frequently. And not to mention the damages to my car leather upholstery and laptop due to the flooding in the 1st instance. This is totally unprofessional and unacceptable of VW to treat their customer this way! I had already suffered damages and loss and i really cannot foresee which parts is going to break down next in this brand new car!

This could be the one odd case wherein the Customer was unlucky,However could happen with many others too.
Pls comment on the same.
Old 14th May 2010, 11:18   #1257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
I know this was discussed to death earlier but i still don't see an acceptable reason for VW not to introduce the brilliant 1.2 TSI in its Polo (atleast as a top line variant).

Even i had commented earlier that this was most probably due to the inferior fuel quality in our country, but increasingly this sounds hollow (with BS4 fuel and all being introduced).

Skoda Laura comes with a much more powerful TSI engine, so why not Polo?

Any intelligent guesses?
IMO - Once Polo Sedan - Vento is launched (1.6 TDI Diesel and 1.6 Petrol Engines), VW gets 80% parts manufactured in India and Fabia shares Polo engines, VW will be in a much better position to expand its thoughts for India. That is when we can expect whole lot of engine choices from VW in India. All this can only happen by 2011 End, in my view. Since Vento will be competing with the likes of Honda City, 1.2 TSI Petrol engine can give it an edge. Once 1.2 TSI is available in India, it can be easier to have it on Polo.

Zig Wheels - May edition has mentioned about 1.2 TSI being extended to India in the near Feature. This is in the article which talks about Polo winning the World car award for 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infantarian View Post
I never noticed this feature during the test drive. Is it actually there in the Polo? I don't think so.
You would have taken a TD on a Petrol Polo. This feature is only avaliable in Diesel Polo - Highline.
Old 14th May 2010, 11:20   #1258
BHPian

Quote:
Guys I am really confused whether to take a white polo or black one. Please give me some suggestions. Please consider that I already own a black car (Fabia). I think that Polo looks better in white than black. Your comments are welcome.
White looks fresh. The black front grill gets highlighted very neatly in white. Also this color has better visibility at night, reflects heat and hence less burden on the AC. Scratches become very prominent on black and once dust accumulates, black looks bad.

I personally loved white but booked black instead because my fiancee was apprehensive about people waving out their hands on the highway thinking that the car was a taxi because of the color.
Old 14th May 2010, 11:34   #1259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
White will look classier. Just saw a black polo on the way to office. Looks ordinary.
Thanks a lot. I also thought the car did not look its best in black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infantarian View Post
White looks fresh. The black front grill gets highlighted very neatly in white. Also this color has better visibility at night, reflects heat and hence less burden on the AC. Scratches become very prominent on black and once dust accumulates, black looks bad.

I personally loved white but booked black instead because my fiancee was apprehensive about people waving out their hands on the highway thinking that the car was a taxi because of the color.
Actually I am also a bit apprehensive of the taxi tag . But I saw a white car at night and it looked amazing. Your right the front grill gets highlighted when the car is white.
Old 14th May 2010, 11:43   #1260
BHPian

Quote:
Guys I am really confused whether to take a white polo or black one.
I would vote for White. The front grill and tail lamps are highlighted in white. But bear in mind that white is non-metallic while black is.

Nirmal

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks