Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2010, 20:38   #1186
Senior - BHPian

The roof rails spoils the look along with the kit. The subtle Polo looks are a killer without all this BS
Old 6th May 2010, 22:12   #1187
BHPian

Polo Sports Kit is the perfect remedy to make the gorgeous and naturally sporty looking car, meek. Amazing transformation, wonder how many get sold even. Totally agree with Thad and extreme torque.

Also, what is the real use of roof rails, I have hardly seen anyone strapping luggage onto it in any car other than Omni and Ambassador taxis.
Old 7th May 2010, 01:15   #1188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Sports kit! What rubbish!

Looks ridiculous, probably makes no difference whatsoever to a car with a very modest engine, and, what's most important is the necessity of clearance for our roads. That skirt really would not survive even being driven home to my house; it would be destroyed by the lumps bumps and potholes.

I suppose there will always be a market for "go-faster stripes" --- but nobody would buy any serious performance kit, surely, without some persuasive numbers. I bet there's none for these bits of plastic!

<rant over>

Well, anyway, at least, unlike bull bars, it isn't going to kill anyone.

<ok, rant really over now )
Even though sports kit is up to individuals, to opt for - It is highly impractical. Roof rail spoils the look. That clean and clutter free look is lost. Instead of add ons like this, VW should have provided optional upgrades like - ACC, Euro style head lights, xenon head lamps kits, Better audio kit, Steering mounted controls, EORVM - and stuff like that, which would have made sense and really helped people who really missed it.

Spending 75k for a Sports kit is a real waste of money IMHO. Never the less, I do respect others interests.
Old 7th May 2010, 10:55   #1189
BHPian

A roof rail in a sports kit is a little out of place. Hope they are not drilling the roof to fit it. IMO it's a perfect car which now looks over dressed for the party. The Ground Clearance is greatly reduced and it would probably touch every speed-breaker on the road.

Are these genuine Polo accessories or is it from 3rd party sourced by the dealer?
Old 7th May 2010, 11:38   #1190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Even though sports kit is up to individuals, to opt for - It is highly impractical. Roof rail spoils the look. That clean and clutter free look is lost. Instead of add ons like this, VW should have provided optional upgrades like - ACC, Euro style head lights, xenon head lamps kits, Better audio kit, Steering mounted controls, EORVM - and stuff like that, which would have made sense and really helped people who really missed it.

Spending 75k for a Sports kit is a real waste of money IMHO. Never the less, I do respect others interests.
Totally agree with you on this. Also, 75k would have covered most of these accessories which would have been of some real use to provide comfort and luxury rather than sports kit hitting every bump on the road.
Old 7th May 2010, 11:49   #1191
Senior - BHPian

Polo only need Smoked headlamps to look better. Everything else will make the car look overdone. Please junk those roof rails.
Old 7th May 2010, 12:05   #1192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Polo comfortline with sports kit
Quote:

75k for what??

Give it free with the 1.6
Old 7th May 2010, 12:10   #1193
BHPian

Must say that VW are getting aggressive by the day.Despite answering their 8 followup calls from Downtown Motors and informing them that due to certain shortcomings in the current avtaar of POLO we are no more interested as of now.Today got a call again to explain, how the car is really good.

The clutter of hoardings they have put up at Bandra is impressive just like they did for Beetle. cheers.
Old 7th May 2010, 12:21   #1194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Sports kit! What rubbish!

Looks ridiculous, probably makes no difference whatsoever to a car with a very modest engine, and, what's most important is the necessity of clearance for our roads.

I suppose there will always be a market for "go-faster stripes" --- but nobody would buy any serious performance kit, surely, without some persuasive numbers. I bet there's none for these bits of plastic!

<rant over>

Well, anyway, at least, unlike bull bars, it isn't going to kill anyone.

<ok, rant really over now )
Well, yours might be over, but we can take over from here!

VW India, I have grown increasingly disillusioned with your offering for the Polo here in India, and doing stuff like this does nothing to redeem my opinion; if anything else, its making me wonder if you are losing the plot even more.

While it is easier to sell plastic bolt-on parts as "accessories", I think some of us are looking for the real deal; where are the options to put some kit INTO the car, and not bolt onto the car? Every option on the list is something that does not interfere with factory fit, and that is a very uninspiring list already.

As for ground clearance, I guess that's why you raised GC and gave us 14 inch high profiles, so that we can buy an over-rated piece of plastic, hope the dealer does a good job of matching paints, and promptly lower it again. So much for logical German Engineering Made in India.

That said, in the meantime, we hear of not only the Polo GTI, but also a Polo R in the pipeline. Hoo Boy!

Last edited by crackingride : 7th May 2010 at 12:23.
Old 7th May 2010, 12:28   #1195
BHPian

Quote:
Prices of Polo in Karnataka is in the attachment. Can you post the same WRT Chennai after the tax changes? I am sure that Karnataka will be the costliest.

Sidindica, Cardeep@ Black color is yet to be launched, is it not? How come this car is in black? But it looks great!! Happy that I have booked for one in black!

@Chethan: I don't have the Chennai price list with me. But the road tax in Karnataka is 13% for cars below 10 lacs which is still higher even if the tax goes up in chennai which is 10%. But kerala has the lowest tax 6%

I just hope they deliver the car this month else I'll end up spending atleast 10k more !!
Old 7th May 2010, 13:38   #1196
BHPian

the sports kit on Polo really looks nice, but it does not get highlighted that much on black, I guess it would show more prominence on a red or a white color. The roof rails are a major turn-off does suit Polos character.

a hear lot of hue and cry over pricing of the kit, but its an accessory not a necessity. If its expensive there is always DIY option. Someone mentioned about ground clearance getting reduced, well if you add a sports kit isnt that a logical thing? correct me if I am wrong. If one adds skirts to the car body it is but natural that GC gets lowered, thats why they are called skirts and not bikinis
Old 7th May 2010, 14:41   #1197
Senior - BHPian

The Polo sightings in Bangalore is increasing day by day. Every day I come across 2-3 Polos. But don't know why most of them are rashly driven.
Old 7th May 2010, 15:43   #1198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackingride View Post
That said, in the meantime, we hear of not only the Polo GTI, but also a Polo R in the pipeline. Hoo Boy!
What is this Polo R and Polo GTI ? Can you give details?

Quote:
Originally Posted by formel_eins View Post
a hear lot of hue and cry over pricing of the kit, but its an accessory not a necessity. If its expensive there is always DIY option. Someone mentioned about ground clearance getting reduced, well if you add a sports kit isnt that a logical thing? correct me if I am wrong. If one adds skirts to the car body it is but natural that GC gets lowered, thats why they are called skirts and not bikinis
Good one! Sports kit is always an optional thing. Those who want will have it. So no need for others to bother. But the fact is most of the accessories are very basic. When options are available with VW, they could have extended the same. Again, it is up to the individual to invest his money on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
The Polo sightings in Bangalore is increasing day by day. Every day I come across 2-3 Polos. But don't know why most of them are rashly driven.
But I have not seen even a single one till date!?
Old 7th May 2010, 17:24   #1199
BHPian

Quote:

I guess the engine vibrations give the sporty feel to drivers of all ages and they are treating it like same .
Old 7th May 2010, 18:26   #1200
BHPian

Quote:
Engine sounds smoother at at higher RPMs can be a major reason. And the car definitely has great pickup to encourage people.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks