Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2010, 11:28   #1036
Senior - BHPian

I know Polo maintenance can be little expensive and have a slightly deeper pocket to tackle it. But I hate short changing customers by charging never heard of prices. One more thing in my opinion old cars with more mechanical elements were more reliable than the one with more electronics in them. Electronic components and their failure are not predictable.Do you believe I drive a 1993 Zen and it has never broken down on a highway. Last week also I clocked 1500Km in it.I have driven it many kilometers with out even a drop of coolant. Still no complaints from him.
Old 26th April 2010, 10:52   #1037
Senior - BHPian

After test driving Figo TDCI yesterday I was in two minds whether to cancel Polo due to the eternal waiting and book a Figo TDCI Titanium. So today again went to VW show room. But immedaitely when I saw Polo my heart sank again. Simply stood there for a while admiring her beauty though I am seeing the car for the nth time.Looks like somehow I am addicted to this car. So talked to the sales person and got an assurance of delivery atleast in third week of May.

Last edited by poloman : 26th April 2010 at 10:57.
Old 26th April 2010, 11:03   #1038
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
After test driving Figo TDCI yesterday I was in two minds whether to cancel Polo due to the eternal waiting and book a Figo TDCI Titanium. So today again went to VW show room. But immedaitely when I saw Polo my heart sank again. Simply stood there for a while admiring her beauty though I am seeing the car for the nth time.Looks like somehow I am addicted to this car. So talked to the sales person and got an assurance of delivery atleast in third week of May.
Well, I think you did the right thing. If you really like the Polo (of course your handle makes it obvious), it's much better to stick to it. I would have suggested the same earlier, but I just wanted you to check out the Figo in flesh, take a test-drive and then come back. Third week of May is not all that far off, and think about it, when you pass a Polo on the road, you'd never say/think "I wish I owned that car". That, my friend, is something really important.

On a funnier note, it would have been a little ironic if Poloman owned a Figo .
Old 26th April 2010, 11:14   #1039
Senior - BHPian

Amartya, you said it. Difficult to take your first love, out of your heart. Afterwards the more you see her, the more depressed you may become.

Last edited by poloman : 26th April 2010 at 11:15.
Old 26th April 2010, 11:39   #1040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know Polo maintenance can be little expensive and have a slightly deeper pocket to tackle it. But I hate short changing customers by charging never heard of prices. One more thing in my opinion old cars with more mechanical elements were more reliable than the one with more electronics in them. Electronic components and their failure are not predictable.Do you believe I drive a 1993 Zen and it has never broken down on a highway. Last week also I clocked 1500Km in it.I have driven it many kilometers with out even a drop of coolant. Still no complaints from him.
Think about TL/CL varient of Polo. You may get faster delivery also.

Did you have a TD on Figo? Waiting for your impression.

Last edited by Chethan B G : 26th April 2010 at 11:49.
Old 26th April 2010, 11:47   #1041
Senior - BHPian

Chetan here it is from Figo thread.
Finally did Figo Diesel test drive today from Lathangi. This was my first drive in a diesel car. I did not find the experience any different from the petrol cars. The drive was more or less similar to Polo petrol. Purely linear acceleration. Gear shift was a bit notchy. Better road visibility than Polo. Also I could find my comfortable driving position much faster in Figo. May be Polo has too many controls and I have to play with them a little more. Back seat room is much better than Polo. But found the Polo seats much comfortable than Figo. The over all fit and finish is much better in Polo. The ground clearance seems to be an issue in Figo. With 5 people on board the car was literally hugging the ground,The price quoted was 6.43 lacs OTR for Titanium. I don’t like my cars with out alloys. So the total cost may go up by 26K (15K alloys+4.5 K fog lamps+6.5K spoiler). So it may end up around 6.7-6.75 lakhs in place of 6.95lacs for Polo.
Old 26th April 2010, 13:28   #1042
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Chetan here it is from Figo thread.
Finally did Figo Diesel test drive today from Lathangi. This was my first drive in a diesel car. I did not find the experience any different from the petrol cars. The drive was more or less similar to Polo petrol. Purely linear acceleration. Gear shift was a bit notchy. Better road visibility than Polo. Also I could find my comfortable driving position much faster in Figo. May be Polo has too many controls and I have to play with them a little more. Back seat room is much better than Polo. But found the Polo seats much comfortable than Figo. The over all fit and finish is much better in Polo. The ground clearance seems to be an issue in Figo. With 5 people on board the car was literally hugging the ground,The price quoted was 6.43 lacs OTR for Titanium. I don’t like my cars with out alloys. So the total cost may go up by 26K (15K alloys+4.5 K fog lamps+6.5K spoiler). So it may end up around 6.7-6.75 lakhs in place of 6.95lacs for Polo.
You are comparing prices between Petrol and Diesel.

Any way, good to have you back!

Waiting is really difficult. I had a look at Punto also. But badly smitten by Polo. My family is against me buying any car, other than Polo.
Old 26th April 2010, 13:36   #1043
Senior - BHPian

Chetan same here.My 3.5 year old little daughter made a scene at Lathangi when she heard we may drop Polo and buy Figo. For last 6 months or so she has been seeing and hearing only about Polo.Her emotional response surprised and disturbed me.
I know comparing diesel and petrol prices is not fair, but not really bothered what is under the hood provided they impress my driving style.
Old 26th April 2010, 14:19   #1044
BHPian

Polo deliveries are really happening at a yawning speed. Well last week I was in Kolhapur so decided to visit the showroom and ask SP when am I getting the car. He said "Sirji delivery would happen around July first week" All hell broke lose, I was promised May end delivery and now it changes to july !!! A lady over there intervened and asked me if I got any paper which mentioned such delivery date. I said SP had given me only deposit receipt but no such forms or anything. SP then brought a file and a "Sales contract" form was brought and to my surprise "Intended delivery date" was blank ! The only saving grace was that SP did not deny the fact that he committed me May-end delivery. I was adamant and said I want delivery as was promised. He says "sirji, we have not even delivered cars which were booked on 5th March", I said it is none of my concern, I am here to talk about commitment which was given to me. Looking at the volume of argument, Shop manager came and explained all the situation with deliveries and asked to please accept delivery for July!! I was not ready to accept it and said I will have to take this matter to next level. After 15 mins of verbal bashing, Shop manager said first week of June. I thought it was a good compromise since I made a colour change (from Silver to White) and I did not have any written evidence of "Intended delivery date", so I accepted the deal and asked both of them to mention it on "sales contract" and sign it. So June is my delivery month and more or less acceptable for me. (I had booked on 16th March)

@poloman, did you get your "sales contract" copy?? was any date mentioned on it?? I think raising the voice with supporting facts in hand works sometimes.
Old 26th April 2010, 14:31   #1045
Senior - BHPian

The intended delivery date is left blank in my contract also. Similar to your case mine also was a verbal commitment. But believe me VW is in for some serious trouble if they don't honor the committed dates.
Any reasons for changing from silver to white?
Old 26th April 2010, 14:51   #1046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by formel_eins View Post
Polo deliveries are really happening at a yawning speed. Well last week I was in Kolhapur so decided to visit the showroom and ask SP when am I getting the car. He said "Sirji delivery would happen around July first week" All hell broke lose, I was promised May end delivery and now it changes to july !!! A lady over there intervened and asked me if I got any paper which mentioned such delivery date. I said SP had given me only deposit receipt but no such forms or anything. SP then brought a file and a "Sales contract" form was brought and to my surprise "Intended delivery date" was blank ! The only saving grace was that SP did not deny the fact that he committed me May-end delivery. I was adamant and said I want delivery as was promised. He says "sirji, we have not even delivered cars which were booked on 5th March", I said it is none of my concern, I am here to talk about commitment which was given to me. Looking at the volume of argument, Shop manager came and explained all the situation with deliveries and asked to please accept delivery for July!! I was not ready to accept it and said I will have to take this matter to next level. After 15 mins of verbal bashing, Shop manager said first week of June. I thought it was a good compromise since I made a colour change (from Silver to White) and I did not have any written evidence of "Intended delivery date", so I accepted the deal and asked both of them to mention it on "sales contract" and sign it. So June is my delivery month and more or less acceptable for me. (I had booked on 16th March)

@poloman, did you get your "sales contract" copy?? was any date mentioned on it?? I think raising the voice with supporting facts in hand works sometimes.
See when you get a booking reciept , on that the expected deleivery time is mentioned , like on mine it is mentioned 18 weeks .... But i pulling all my good contacts and offices to get the dates expedited.. But i advise make a good rapport with the Sp and head sales , it really helps. Atleast the sales person keep me posted on the up& coming staock on regular basis ( Chandigarh ).
Old 26th April 2010, 15:19   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve82 View Post
See when you get a booking reciept , on that the expected deleivery time is mentioned , like on mine it is mentioned 18 weeks
Just curious, is the Figo facing similar delays? If not, is it because it doesn't have as many bookings? Or is it just that Ford, at the end of the day, has what it takes to deliver?

On a related note, the first complaints on other forums about delivery delays are beginning to make their presence felt. (volkswagen polo Complaints - delay in product delivery )

So where are the scoop-people, the ones with the inside knowledge? Any scurrilous gossip on why VW finds itself unable to deliver more than a handful of "Indian" cars manufactured here? Might as well have imported kits as CKD and knocked them together, seeing the time its taking.
Old 26th April 2010, 15:25   #1048
BHPian

@ poloman : if its left blank, then you should immediately head to showroom and get some month written on it. Make sure that date is not put just on your sales contract but also on triplicate copies of contract which are there with showroom. Personally I liked Red, but everyone, including my fiancee was against it. Silver looked very boring and in daylight, white was like elegante la royale, so went with that. I plan to shift alloys from polo to NHC and put gun metal finish alloys on polo (this would take a while though), would look better on white color.

@steve82: thats interesting to know, my booking receipt is with Dad, I will definitely check what was written on it, I am just praying that it should not be 18 weeks
Old 26th April 2010, 16:38   #1049
BHPian

alloys not permitted on CL and TL ( Polo ) ??

Quote:
@ formal_eins
I plan to shift alloys from polo to NHC and put gun metal finish alloys on polo (this would take a while though)
@poloman
Quote:
I don’t like my cars with out alloys. So the total cost may go up by 26K (15K alloys+4.5 K fog lamps+6.5K spoiler).
Hi both , just caught these lines and I could relate myself to you both .
My take on cars ,however bad they look with stock tyres , if put alloys and an upsized tyre , the story become altogether different .

But in the case of Polo , i just read somewhere in this forum itself that upsizing tyre to 15" from the 14" CL and TL is not permitted as per VW? Can you folks confirm this ? Is that the same thing that all SP say that changing tyre and alloy can put the suspension and steering column under stress?
Old 26th April 2010, 17:11   #1050
BHPian

17"s on a polo

I have seen this polo parked on a flatbed in sector 3 noida with the optional body kit and 17" rims. checked it out from up close. it's running 215/40 R 17 tyres as well. could this be a 1.6.?? looks really neat with the anthracite colored alloys. i just hope they offer this version like this from the factory. will upload the one pic i have, not the best quality...phone camera.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-21042010.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks