Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2010, 12:20   #901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
As per my friend engine is ok & mileage is also good. But overall he is not that satisfied. Also complaining that spares are way to costly. His horn he got repaired for 5k. Also service cost is more
So soon Polo heading for repair , So VW will be going the Skoda way on servicing where people are unhappy about.

I think the spares will be costly for an year atleast since most of them would be imported and the import duties would be high.

If VW wants to achieve higher sales, they need to reduce at service and spares cost.

I feel VW must understand the Polo customers are different from Passat and Jetta customers and hence they need to work out on the service costings for Polo. Even Skoda has failed on the same.

Last edited by kadri007 : 9th April 2010 at 12:22.
Old 9th April 2010, 12:28   #902
Senior - BHPian

Polo Diesel Vs Petrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
As per my friend engine is ok & mileage is also good. But overall he is not that satisfied. Also complaining that spares are way to costly. His horn he got repaired for 5k. Also service cost is more
Thanks Aniket, for your feedback. I prefer to wait for Polo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by formel_eins View Post
as from the reviews from auto experts, all have praised polo petrol over polo diesel, the most appreciated was butter smooth gear box and peppy engine which you miss in diesel. Anyways its best left to TD, now you have booked pearl black, so delivery would not happen in may for sure, so you have a chance to TD polo diesel. My advice is dont take a decision in haste, take a TD of polo diesel and then decide which suits you. and when I am saying you , i refer to someone elder in your family no offense
I feel that Diesel engine is not as bad as it is talked about. Turbo lag and narrow torque band is a common problem in entry level diesel engines, since the exhaust gas is recycled to drive Turbo charger. If engine power/ battery power is used to drive the turbo charger, this problem can be eliminated. Right now this is done only in high end diesel engines.

WRT gear box, between Diesel and Petrol engine, only gear ratio should change. Did not quite understand this. Will have to see it for myself. Or is the gear box used in diesel, a different one from that of petrol? Can GTO help me in understanding this?

Polo Petrol is definitely good for petrol lovers!

Last edited by Chethan B G : 9th April 2010 at 12:39.
Old 9th April 2010, 12:31   #903
Senior - BHPian

I think he is talking about Fabia.Who ever decides to buy Polo should be prepared to shell out a premium for service and spares. They can never expect a Maruti experience on these cars.
As per reports Diesel Polo is undergoing some tweaks to cater for some negative feed backs during initial test drives

Last edited by poloman : 9th April 2010 at 12:34.
Old 9th April 2010, 12:35   #904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadri007 View Post
So soon Polo heading for repair , So VW will be going the Skoda way on servicing where people are unhappy about.

I think the spares will be costly for an year atleast since most of them would be imported and the import duties would be high.

If VW wants to achieve higher sales, they need to reduce at service and spares cost.

I feel VW must understand the Polo customers are different from Passat and Jetta customers and hence they need to work out on the service costings for Polo. Even Skoda has failed on the same.
Aniketi was referring to his friend's Fabia. You jumped the gun without going through the thread! (No offense intended!)
Old 9th April 2010, 12:37   #905
Senior - BHPian

So far we have two Polos on Team BHP and not even a single niggle or issue is being reported.
Old 9th April 2010, 12:39   #906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Ah the famous overdrive. I wont be surprised if they mention 0-100 for figo as 25 secs. Did you check out the "which auto magazine" thread?

Never trust overdrive man, They absolutely love VW/Skoda & absolutely hate ford, Check out autocar & top gear. Top gear being the most unbiased.

Autocar : Figo TDCi 0-100 = 16.26 secs, how can overdrive be more than 3 secs adrift? I timed my 0-100 on the figo & it was approx 15.5-16.5 secs only, The one sec gap that i have mentioned is to account for various errors.

Top Gear : Data not available

PS- VW/skoda also sponsor the overdrive TV show, maybe thats why.
if overdrive hated ford, they would not have declared it a winner at the end of comparison. I dont think there is a bias, last time they had compared Merc M-class, X5 and Q7 and Merc was the winner, but Merc GL was a thumbs down by the very same people. If some company is sponsoring a show it doesnt mean shortcomings are overlooked. Polo diesel was a thumbs down by overdrive show. You got some good number for 0-100 sprint maybe you tanked up your figo with jet fuel not everyone can afford it ownership report http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...delivered.html also says about sluggish performance and there is confusion whether it is gearbox or the engine which fails to utilize the vehicles dynamics, a fact also questioned by GTO, no offense whatsoever, peace
Old 9th April 2010, 12:47   #907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Aniketi was referring to his friend's Fabia. You jumped the gun without going through the thread! (No offense intended!)
Oops ... .. I thought it was for Polo. Any VW Passat and Jetta owners in the thread. I think they can share some light on the VW service.

I am also in two minds, wanted the car in May, But Polo I can get it only in July.

Fabia i can get immideatly, but worried about the service. There is a 65K discount going also. Car is good, But seeing the below links, a battle is going on between heart and mind.

Skoda Fabia Complaint

skoda fabia Complaints

Last edited by kadri007 : 9th April 2010 at 13:06.
Old 9th April 2010, 12:58   #908
BANNED

Quote:
if overdrive hated ford, they would not have declared it a winner at the end of comparison. I dont think there is a bias, last time they had compared Merc M-class, X5 and Q7 and Merc was the winner, but Merc GL was a thumbs down by the very same people. If some company is sponsoring a show it doesnt mean shortcomings are overlooked. Polo diesel was a thumbs down by overdrive show. You got some good number for 0-100 sprint maybe you tanked up your figo with jet fuel not everyone can afford it ownership report http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...delivered.html also says about sluggish performance and there is confusion whether it is gearbox or the engine which fails to utilize the vehicles dynamics, a fact also questioned by GTO, no offense whatsoever, peace
They declared the figo as the winner not because they wanted to but only because, If they did not then it would have been a complete whitewash & negatives would have been drawn to the magazine.

Remember overdrive also said in that very review that the rear seat of the ritz is more spacious than the figo?

Have you checked this thing out?
Old 9th April 2010, 13:30   #909
BHPian

@ formal, Mustang:

NOM guys, but could we please not hijack the Polo thread with the Figo here? Just saying.
Old 9th April 2010, 13:36   #910
BANNED

@Pyrotek : Sure, Lets continue with the polo thread only, Guys dont ever get me wrong that i hate the polo or anything.

I would really buy a red polo in the future if they decide to put a 1.2 TSI in it & give those black shaded headlamps and i am not kidding.

Just wanted to check one thing, I dont think those headlights with black inserts would be too expensive, If anybody has seen a fiesta limited edition, it comes with something like that (confirm?) , wheras the ZXI,SXI & S come with chrome instead of that black.

Please tell me if its the same thing.
Old 9th April 2010, 13:56   #911
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
If engine power/ battery power is used to drive the turbo charger, this problem can be eliminated. Right now this is done only in high end diesel engines.
What you are talking about is a supercharger. It is connected to the engine via a belt

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 9th April 2010 at 13:57.
Old 9th April 2010, 14:19   #912
BHPian

Regarding 1.6 TSI in polo, I seriously believe it would be a sedan. Because polo HL is already bit expensive and 1.6 would only take the price northwards, atleast by 70-80K (thats my guess), a sedan in that category would make more sense, what do you say guys??

Last edited by formel_eins : 9th April 2010 at 14:24.
Old 9th April 2010, 14:53   #913
BANNED

Quote:
Regarding 1.6 TSI in polo, I seriously believe it would be a sedan. Because polo HL is already bit expensive and 1.6 would only take the price northwards, atleast by 70-80K (thats my guess), a sedan in that category would make more sense, what do you say guys??

I wrote 1.2 TSI dude.
Old 9th April 2010, 15:06   #914
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
The Polo is a small car, and, to the rest of the world, a small car is almost certainly going to be a hatchback. The sedan would not work for the rest of the world, so it is pretty unlikely to be made for India.

The Golf must be one of the most popular hatchbacks ever to be made; VW complimented it with a saloon, the Jetta. In my mother country, you will see a hundred Golfs before you see a single Jetta!

The sooner India gives up its completely illogical prejudice that a hatchback must be a cheap car the better!
Old 9th April 2010, 15:17   #915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
The Polo is a small car, and, to the rest of the world, a small car is almost certainly going to be a hatchback. The sedan would not work for the rest of the world, so it is pretty unlikely to be made for India.

The Golf must be one of the most popular hatchbacks ever to be made; VW complimented it with a saloon, the Jetta. In my mother country, you will see a hundred Golfs before you see a single Jetta!

The sooner India gives up its completely illogical prejudice that a hatchback must be a cheap car the better!
You would find Swifts all over the world, but wont find a swift dezire. Suzuki specifically made it for markets such as India and I have a feeling that VW may spice up the sedan market by introducing one

Most Viewed