Team-BHP - Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/76341-volkswagen-polo-test-drive-review-44.html)

Called up Volkswagen Hyderabad & Pune
Both dealerships extremely curt !
Booking period minimum 3 months
No test drives available in Hyderabad till next month !:Frustrati

I marvel how Indian auto makers have the balls to saddle us with waiting periods !
Is there such a huge supply-demand mis match ? After setting up huge factories they haven't managed to come up with enough operational excellence that a customer can walk-in and drive out with the car he wants ?
Extremely disappointing !

Does any one know whether the blackened headlamp cluster available in European Polo is a direct fit on Indian one? I am some how sold out on those classy looking eyes. My friend is in Germany and he is ready to ship one set for me. But before that I want to get solid confirmation that the dimensions are correct. Going by the knowledge level of sales people even on the available features, I don’t dare to ask this question to them.
Wish we had some one like Mustang.101 from VW to answer the queries.

Quote:

Originally Posted by poloman (Post 1793698)
Does any one know whether the blackened headlamp cluster available in European Polo is a direct fit on Indian one? I am some how sold out on those classy looking eyes. My friend is in Germany and he is ready to ship one set for me. But before that I want to get solid confirmation that the dimensions are correct. Going by the knowledge level of sales people even on the available features, I don’t dare to ask this question to them.

Ask your friend in Germany to get the tape measure out and line it up along the contours. I'll do the same on my Polo and report back.
How much are you getting them for? I'd be interested in pooling in for another set. PM if you want to discuss this further.

Quote:

the exteriors dimensions should be the same, the change is only on the inside, but all this needs to be assured and the best way is to do it by ourselves. any possibility that your friend can get the dimensions of the light assembly?? did he mention the cost of the assembly??

I saw my 1st Polo near johnson market.. My wife was with me and she didn't like it although it was her favorite colour Red.. i couldn't really form an opinion because the car was so damn dirty... underneath all that dust.. it look quite sporty although i am a punto fan i came to the polos defence. :)

Quote:

I think that those polo lights would fit in your polo as only the upper cluster has been changed, Dimensions will be obviously same but only thing to be careful is that the headlamp assembly set up is in the same position as the indian ones & the screws/bolt size/shape is same.

@Khan75, @Formel_eins, I don't think measuring the dimensions is not as simple as we think since this is a three dimensional object with curves. Also as Mustang.101 is pointing out the screw/bolt size, shape and position also matters. This can be easily confirmed by some one from VW india where they have drawings/dimensions readily available. Also they have done lot of mix and match testing in India. Going to check with the dealer to put me to the right person for the query.
I was disappointed when I did not see this thing in the accessories list. In my opinion the Polo looks incomplete without the blackened eyes. Though my friend has not checked the exact pricing, my gut feeling is that it will be some thing in the range of >15K. Willing to pay any amount for those :)

Make sure you get a headlamp designed for right hand drive market and not left hand drive. The beam pattern may be different for both.

vid6639, This is new information to me. Is this really the case? I have driven cars in both LHD and RHD countries. To my untrained eyes the illumination patterns looked same and symmetric. Can you elaborate?

Quote:

Originally Posted by poloman (Post 1794086)
vid6639, This is new information to me. Is this really the case? I have driven cars in both LHD and RHD countries. To my untrained eyes the illumination patterns looked same and symmetric. Can you elaborate?

Yes there is a headlamp difference in LHD & RHD countries.

Right- and left-hand traffic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mustang, Thanks for the link.If I am right, lot of imported aftermarket headlight options are available in the market for many of the mod friendly cars in India. Are those inherently tuned to our driving conditions or this is done during installation?

Quote:

Originally Posted by poloman (Post 1794209)
Mustang, Thanks for the link.If I am right, lot of imported aftermarket headlight options are available in the market for many of the mod friendly cars in India. Are those inherently tuned to our driving conditions or this is done during installation?

Headlamps are pretuned to give this kind of an effect, you cant change their configuration. So if you want to buy those cool looking euro polo headlamps, I suggest buying those which have been imported from UK, Australia or South Africa.

These countries have the same configuration as all of them are RHD countries like India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang.101 (Post 1794291)
Headlamps are pretuned to give this kind of an effect, you cant change their configuration. So if you want to buy those cool looking euro polo headlamps, I suggest buying those which have been imported from UK, Australia or South Africa.

These countries have the same configuration as all of them are RHD countries like India.

Yes. The dim is much focussed on the left handside of the road which may be different in LHD countries.

Guys,

Sorry to cut into the conversation like that, but I am looking for Polo Ownership reviews related thread in the forums. Has any bhp-ian picked up a Polo recently ?

I am looking to buy a hatch and the TATA-FIAT dealership response on TD coupled with poor 'show-car' (read missing cladding, poor quality plastics on the showroom Punto & Linea) has left me very disappointed.

I am looking to explore Polo as a serious option, barring three early TD review threads, I am unable to locate any ownership thread for the same. Any help on the subject would be appreciated.

- B4W

khan75 is the only BHPian who seems have got the delivery of Polo so far. Khan75 please post some photos of your beauty here.