Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2016, 10:35   #3901
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Saw the All-star in flesh today, believe me, those alloys shod on the 185 look pathetic to say the least, aftermarket, sourced from some local vendor it seems.
Do you have some pics to share? Is the polo diesel engine on a different state of tune than ameo? Spec seems to say so.
Old 14th November 2016, 10:51   #3902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hey vijayvelprakash, Considering you will have at least 2 people onboard and with AC running, Diesel clearly makes much more sense. The 1.2 VTVT on Elite struggles a bit with the AC On and with people on board, and the 1.5 TDCi does not twitch coz of that 230 NM torque under the hood.
Are we not comparing apple with an orange here? I guess the comparison should be between two diesels, i.e., 1.5TDCi vs 1.4 CRDi, not with 1.2VTVT.
Old 14th November 2016, 10:57   #3903
BHPian

Quote:
At the end of the day, it is you who has to decide and my advise is to do extensive TDs of both the cars. However, one honest suggestion is to look for the I20 CRDI if its the Elite that you decide on.
Thank you very much for taking your time and a clear explanation.

I have TDed i20 CRDI and dropped it because the OTR was 11.2L for the asta o. My budget is 10L OTR and so I was about to book the TDI last month. But was suggested to TD the i20 petrol by my brother. This looks like a clear VFM as it has loads of features and 6 airbags. So, I ended up in this dilemma.

I may not go for the all star avatar because the rear air-con will further cramp the rear space. Also, I felt the ac in TDI to be sufficient for the polo during the TD.

Is the turbo issue a common problem to be expected on a polo?

Hearts says Polo TDI but the brain is pushing for i20 petrol.
Old 14th November 2016, 11:01   #3904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kptraveller View Post
Are we not comparing apple with an orange here? I guess the comparison should be between two diesels, i.e., 1.5TDCi vs 1.4 CRDi, not with 1.2VTVT.
It is not about comparing these cars directly. These 2 cars made to my final list after series of TDs and analysis. I needed some inputs from the owners of polo which may encourage me to go for polo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
Do you have some pics to share? Is the polo diesel engine on a different state of tune than ameo? Spec seems to say so.
The ameo has the updated 1.5 diesel engine with different figures. Hence it is different to polo standard TDI and all star TDI.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 14th November 2016 at 11:58. Reason: Back to back post merged
vijayvelprakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2016, 22:21   #3905
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Guys, does VW offer remote lock as an accessory for the Trendline owners?
Old 15th November 2016, 18:55   #3906
BHPian

New Blue shade for Polo. Here are some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-img_0886.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-img_0887.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-img_0888.jpg  

GT145 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 19:19   #3907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT145 View Post

I was under the impression that this shade is reserved only for the Allstar edition !!

So other than the 'Driver Armrest with rear AC vents', some Allstar Stickers and "Looks Like Cheap After-market Rims", the Allstar does not really offer anything EXQUISITE??

IMHO VW MUST have reserved this shade for the GTI only, just to add that bit extra to the ONLY 99 slogan.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 15th November 2016 at 19:20.
Old 15th November 2016, 22:45   #3908
BHPian

Quote:
I was under the impression that this shade is reserved only for the Allstar edition !!

So other than the 'Driver Armrest with rear AC vents', some Allstar Stickers and "Looks Like Cheap After-market Rims", the Allstar does not really offer anything EXQUISITE??
Nope, it's available for all variants as per sales guys, except for GT twins obviously

Personally what I would do is pay 6K for armrest from aliexpress. Another 35K for a light weight Sparco/OZ 15" alloys after selling the OE ones. Rear AC vents are not much of a concern for me.

Last edited by GT145 : 15th November 2016 at 22:59. Reason: Correction
GT145 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2016, 22:58   #3909
BHPian

Some pictures of Polo Allstar. Full black interior looks way better than normal highline, maybe because that's my taste.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-img_0909.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-img_0910.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-img_0916.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-img_0911.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-img_0913.jpg  

GT145 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th November 2016, 11:15   #3910
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for sharing. It looks good in this shade.

Quote:
I was told the same by VW dealer few weeks back.

Quote:
Nope, it's available for all variants as per sales guys, except for GT twins obviously
It does not appear in VW website which was updated quite frequently in the recent past.
Old 20th November 2016, 05:04   #3911
BHPian

I'm still not able to get a date on GT. It's almost 3 months since booking it. Any BHP'ians who have booked GT have an update?
Old 20th November 2016, 07:08   #3912
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayvelprakash View Post
My usage will be around 1500km per month (700km in city and 800km on highway). This usage is a bridge between petrol and diesel.
Go diesel, with a running of 1500 kms a month, the installment difference etc all is simply zilch.

Quote:
I prefer a car with good ride quality and with safety features. This will be a self driven car with occupancy of 3 people on the maximum.
I own a Polo 1.2 C/L MPi and 1.5 H/L TDi. What I like in the MPi is the excellent drivability and what I hate in the TDi is the clutch - it is hard; no two ways about it and it is hard in every Polo or Vento no matter if the owner has started feeling it light after having developed a habit of driving it daily. Secondly the front seats; either push them back enough that only a 5' person can sit freely behind you else you will always complain of under thigh support on those seats in you are over 5'10" tall. I own it and I love it but these small things can't be ignored. Reviews say that front seats are good but my ownership experience find them good after the seats of i20, Swift, Liva and Figo.

Why I mentioned clutch and seats - because you are self driven. The biggest positives are tilt + telescopic steering wheel which makes finding the perfect driving position quite easy and an engine (TDi) that is much responsive and is a blast to drive under heavy foot.

Quote:
I have gone through a lot of reviews and Youtube videos. But need input from the owners who have had this car for a while.
Can the fellow TDI owners here please give me reasons on why I should go for TDI than i20 or any other car in this segment
No reason as of now, buy it if you like it. Polo is no more having any USP because i20 is more or less equally well built and offers everything more or less equal. In fact i20 CRDi is quicker than Polo TDi (This is coming from an owner who has done 31k kms on his TDi in 11 months and 13.8k kms on his MPi in 10 months) but when it comes to driving experience then it is Polo all the way. Additionally as I always say "Koreans give features but Germans give features thoughtfully", in Polo you will get more or less same number of features as in Elite but VW has given a thought and that is the part you will love in your ownership.

To be very true i20 has better seats, better space, rear AC vent, front center armrest, better acceleration and maybe some more. Still on 7th of December 2015 I went to a VW dealer at 10 am and came out with a Polo H/L at 4:10 pm, drive it to believe it. i20 is all about when you need a better overall package (Let's accept it) and Polo is all about an experience; take your pick. but mark my word, if you are going i20 then go diesel, petrol isn't worth the money Hyundai asks for.

Quote:
I am sure you know the fact that there is no comparison between the 1.2 VTVT on Elite against the 1.5 TDCi. The latter is a far superior engine, sans the NVH. If the NVH is your 'Primary Draw', only the Elite 1.4 CRDI may be your best bet, as all the other oil burners do make some noticeable ruckus.
TDCi is the one that comes from the Ford's stable. Sorry for pointing this out but it got me confused once.Rest I completely agree word to word over whats written above.

Quote:
- Of course if passengers comfort is you priority, the VW Polo offers much superior and composed ride, but looses out big time on the interior (rear) space. Elite clearly has a better cabin space here and there are no 2 ways to that.
But elite i20 has a better set of seats put inside. I am a chauffeur driven guy since a couple of months and know quite well about all the seats of the Polo as of now

Quote:
1.5 TDCi does not twitch coz of that 230 NM torque under the hood.
This exact point got me confused. I was like:
1) From where Ford came in here
2) Its not 230 for the Ford in any case

Oops! @vijayvelprakash , why don't you opt for a Figo Titanium+ TDCi? That car is indeed an awesome package that offers safety (6 airbags), ride, handling, performance, FE, ease of maintenance, space and comfort all in one package and at a price 1.5-2 lac lower than that of Polo Highline TDi or Elite CRDi Asta.

Quote:
- After sales of VW seems to have improved a bit in the recent past, but they still can't hold a candle to the Korean A.S.S.
Looks like you are underestimating the idiocy of the Hyundai guys. Like VW guys are improving, Hyundai guys are getting into this business of fleecing customers.
One fresh example is here. Many more can be found on TBHP itself (Someone got spark plugs bill for his diesel Verna as much I remember)

Quote:
At the end of the day, it is you who has to decide and my advise is to do extensive TDs of both the cars. However, one honest suggestion is to look for the I20 CRDI if its the Elite that you decide on.
+100
VKumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2016, 16:50   #3913
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen Polo: ABS now standard across the range

Thank you to MyCarHelpline for the heads up!

Volkswagen India has made yet another feature a part of standard equipment in the Polo. The hatchback now gets anti-lock braking system (ABS) as standard across all variants. Previously ABS was available only on the Comfortline and Highline trim levels. However, after the latest update, even the base Trendline trim comes with the safety feature.

The German automaker had already made dual airbags standard across the range in 2014. With the addition of ABS, Volkswagen and Toyota are now the only two mass-market manufacturers to offer ABS and airbags as standard features on all their products.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 24th November 2016 at 16:51.
dZired is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th November 2016, 17:22   #3914
Senior - BHPian

Great news.

This was on the cards, as the ameo was offering more features than the polo at almost similar price.

Now, those who preferred ameo for its features would mostly tilt towards the Polo for better looks.
Old 24th November 2016, 17:39   #3915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsinz View Post
I'm still not able to get a date on GT. It's almost 3 months since booking it. Any BHP'ians who have booked GT have an update?

Not sure about Bangalore, but I booked my GT from VW, Gurgaon on 21-Nov. They initially said it will be at least 3 weeks. Got a call today to confirm that the car has been allotted to me and already in transit with delivery date for 29-Nov
aashish_84 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks