Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2016, 15:20   #3781
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishore1984 View Post

Why does the new polo comes with a single horn instead of double, it sounds really bad and shallow(personal opinion). I need to upgrade this horn immediately but would like to know if I can buy it online and get it fitted from a trusted source.
Hey KK, this has been the norm with all the Polos & Ventos since 2014 if my memory serves me right.

Its not only your personal opinion, but even I think it sounds 'So Not VW' !!

I had these 'Roots' horns on my previous car (Getz) which I swapped on the day 1 on my 2014 Polo, and have not had any issues ever since.

There are loads of accessory shops in Bangalore who can offer you a similar/better horns. So please scout around and I am sure you are bound to find one.
Old 13th June 2016, 15:48   #3782
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Why does the new polo comes with a single horn instead of double, it sounds really bad and shallow(personal opinion). I need to upgrade this horn immediately but would like to know if I can buy it online and get it fitted from a trusted source. Hopefully ASS is not the only option
Answer, apparently, because of government rules.

ASS may not be an option at all. I wanted to upgrade mine to the previous great VW voice: service adviser tells me that they are not allowed to do it I'm sure they would if they could. Dealers are not exactly known for unwillingness to sell extras!

Some consolation: the tone may be silly, but it is, at least, loud. Sound the horn with the driver's window open to confirm not only that, but also how good the cabin noise insulation is
Old 20th June 2016, 17:30   #3783
BHPian

VW has removed the low tone horn which is required to be installed behind the left fog light. The precise wiring with coupler is present. Only the horn and one bracket is required to be procured and it's plug n play.

I got it done at the service centre only. 1800 for the low tone horn and 300 for the bracket.
torque18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 00:21   #3784
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you. Maybe I'll try again, at next service if not before.
Old 21st June 2016, 04:54   #3785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
VW has removed the low tone horn which is required to be installed behind the left fog light. The precise wiring with coupler is present. Only the horn and one bracket is required to be procured and it's plug n play.

I got it done at the service centre only. 1800 for the low tone horn and 300 for the bracket.
I went to get the same done and was told 3800+ labor in bangalore, I
dropped the idea for now
Old 21st June 2016, 07:01   #3786
BHPian

Hi all. I have lately been hearing a lot of "stress" sounds from the right side A pillar of my Polo TDI. This happens mostly when I'm going over speed breakers or craters on the road.

I'm almost inclined to believe there may be some structural issue here and its starting to concern me. I will be calling my dealer today but please let me if any of you had a similar experience.
Old 21st June 2016, 08:00   #3787
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiIyengar View Post
Hi all. I have lately been hearing a lot of "stress" sounds from the right side A pillar of my Polo TDI. This happens mostly when I'm going over speed breakers or craters on the road.
Not sure but why not open the A-Pillar trim and re-install it? Also check the wiring holder on the A-pillar if they are coming in contact with the trim or not. Better to check these and then go further.

Structural issue would arise if you have had any crash. If nothing then it is not structural issue.
Old 21st June 2016, 09:18   #3788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Not sure but why not open the A-Pillar trim and re-install it? Also check the wiring holder on the A-pillar if they are coming in contact with the trim or not. Better to check these and then go further.

Structural issue would arise if you have had any crash. If nothing then it is not structural issue.
Thank you. I have never tried opening the A pillar in the past but will do that to rule out any loose parts.
Old 21st June 2016, 09:51   #3789
BHPian

Hi all, my Polo Petrol 1.2 Highline is now 5 years old, and its time the replace the OEM tyres (Apollo Amazer, I believe) (185/60 R15). They havent given me too much mileage though - only about 40K - but they look pretty worn out.

Questions for this group:
1. Whats a good tyre to go for? My usage is primarily within Bangalore City. Am looking at Goodyear (approx 4K per tyre), Bridgestone (4.8K per tyre), Apollo Anlac (approx 4.3K per tyre).
2. The Tyre guys are pushing that I have to compulsorily do a wheel alignment and balancing costing about Rs 1200 when I change tyres. I wasn't aware that this was a compulsory thing - any views on that please?

Thanks
Anshuman.
Old 21st June 2016, 10:12   #3790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman_v View Post
Hi all, my Polo Petrol 1.2 Highline is now 5 years old, and its time the replace the OEM tyres (Apollo Amazer, I believe) (185/60 R15). They havent given me too much mileage though - only about 40K - but they look pretty worn out.

Questions for this group:
1. Whats a good tyre to go for? My usage is primarily within Bangalore City. Am looking at Goodyear (approx 4K per tyre), Bridgestone (4.8K per tyre), Apollo Anlac (approx 4.3K per tyre).
2. The Tyre guys are pushing that I have to compulsorily do a wheel alignment and balancing costing about Rs 1200 when I change tyres. I wasn't aware that this was a compulsory thing - any views on that please?

Thanks
Anshuman.
I would suggest the Yokohama A drives if they are available. They are of a harder compound, but at the same time do not compromise of ride quality, and they are pretty much silent even at high speeds.

Another option is to go for Michelin XM2. Most silent and offers the best ride, but is made of a softer compound and will wear out faster.

I am not sure abou alignment, but balancing is a must since the new tires will contain the slightest imbalance which will be different from the imbalance of the previous tires.
bharat4ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 10:26   #3791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiIyengar View Post
It sounds similar to the door rattle issue present in the newer cars. Before you do any drastic things or let the service folks experiment with your car, I suggest you to take a look at the thread below. It's a 5min job and will hopefully solve this issue. Do give it a try.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...r-rattles.html
Old 21st June 2016, 18:55   #3792
BHPian

Quote:

If possible, can you post a pic of the bill, if I can get the part number, I will try to source it myself

Thanks
Kk
Old 23rd June 2016, 00:02   #3793
BHPian

The part numbers are as follows:

horn - 6RF951221B
bracket- 6RF951181D
torque18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 01:08   #3794
BHPian

hi

Posting few queries

1. Has anyone been able to use the voice command function on the Highline. I tried using it with the phone connected via bluetooth and all it did was mute the music.

2. what purpose do the left/right arrow keys serve on the right side part of the wheel? are these dummy keys as the steering wheel is a straight lift from the bigger VWs?

3. Does the cornering light function only work when the indicator stalk is put to use?
Old 23rd June 2016, 10:54   #3795
BHPian

Note from Support: Please do not put replies within quotes. Quote relevant sections of post & reply accordingly. Thanks!

Hi torque18, please find answers below.

Quote:
1. Has anyone been able to use the voice command function on the Highline. I tried using it with the phone connected via bluetooth and all it did was mute the music.
If you have an iPhone, it activates Siri. If on Android, it activates Google Now commands (I think. Android users please comment). It's not a full blown voice command system like the Ford cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18
2. what purpose do the left/right arrow keys serve on the right side part of the wheel? are these dummy keys as the steering wheel is a straight lift from the bigger VWs?
They are for cycling through the two tripmeters in the MID. If you go to certain screens (like mileage, distance, time etc.), you will see a small 1 or 2 on the side of the MID. The right-left buttons switch between 1 & 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18
3. Does the cornering light function only work when the indicator stalk is put to use?
No, it's like that on some of the higher VAG cars. In the polo, it simply activates the left/right fog lamp depending on the turning of the steering wheel past a certain point. Note that you need to have Low beams on but Fog lights off to use this feature.

Cheers,

Sid.

Quote:
what's with the smaller size Tyre, what kind of an impact will it have on the car if I drive with different size tyre ? does it affect the balancing ? please advise

has anyone changed the spare tyre to a 15" one immediately after taking delivery ?
Hi kishore,

A lot of cars now get a smaller sized steel wheel as a spare. The logic is three-fold:
  1. Cost for the manufacturer. A full size alloy with a larger tire is obviously more expensive to provide.
  2. Space Savings. (also why such wheels are called space savers) The manufacturer has to design a smaller wheel well, freeing up space for other things.
  3. Safety. This type of wheel encourages the practice of not driving around on the "stepney". Say, if you had a full size wheel and changed to it when you had a puncture. Now you may conveniently forget to repair the punctured tyre and drive around. If you have another puncture, you may be stranded. The space saver has a max. speed limit of 80 km/hr and it is recommended to use it only till you get your punctured tyre repaired.
With regards to replacing it with a full size alloy, one deterrent is cost. I think VW sells alloys at quite a hefty premium. The other question is whether it actually fits in the wheel well. I haven't tried it, but maybe some other members who have or have suffered a puncture can comment.

Cheers,
Sid.

Last edited by aah78 : 23rd June 2016 at 17:38. Reason: Posts edited & merged. See note.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks