Team-BHP - Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/76341-volkswagen-polo-test-drive-review-248.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 3946144)

Volkswagen Polo Allstar edition heading to India. Engine details for India is not known yet. This could be a special edition of Polo made available for India.

The car also sported the same wheels as the Polo Allstar showcased at the Geneva motor show, though the feature list is

Thanks volkman10 for sharing this info, you really seem to be the VAG messenger of the forum lol:

A 108 BHP TSI with MT will be a stonker, whichever way one looks at it. But with GT TSI prices already going skywards and the Polo GTI coming around the corner, why Polo Allstar now VW India?

Is it just an illusion or do I see rear disc brakes on that Polo Allstar showcased here? :Shockked:

If it really does come with the All-round Disc Brake, this must be the most significant update on series of latest changes.

Man Polo and its endless updates, this really is getting a bit too much to keep track of. After I got my exquisite edition in November last year this is probably the 4th update I am reading about. Either volkswagen are on a roll or are desperately trying to push sales after the emissions scandal. Either way keeps interest in the brand.

Is some maruti man sitting at the top of new product development at Volkswagen?
The endless number of variants is not helping the company at all.
Infact the mere advertisement spent on last 3year Polo launches may be enough to give the polo a refreshed face. From where I'm sitting this shows the lethargic attitude of the company in a potential market where even Ford has completely brought in new players in the last 12 months and is now poised to capture the market.
I wonder what the Volkswagen management is upto? And the worrying fact is that this slump may act against it when they launch the next product, like how the Tata's are now.

Help needed for Polo 1.2 MPI regarding a warning light, what does the encircled exclamation mark on the speedo highlight? The one to the left of the needle bottom. Driver is out with the polo and has send me an image, not sure what to do. Unable to upload the image due to some security restriction.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay3sh (Post 3950555)
Help needed for Polo 1.2 MPI regarding a warning light, what does the encircled exclamation mark on the speedo highlight? The one to the left of the needle bottom. Driver is out with the polo and has send me an image, not sure what to do. Unable to upload the image due to some security restriction.

Handbrake ON, If the illumination is red. If yellow/amber, could be some fault in the system.

Not handbrake, confirmed. Since another indicator with a 'P' highlights on pulling it. It's even beeping intermittently now, service center calling! I just hope it's ok to get back the vehicle 170-200 km?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay3sh (Post 3950576)
Not handbrake, confirmed. Since another indicator with a 'P' highlights on pulling it. It's even beeping intermittently now, service center calling! I just hope it's ok to get back the vehicle 170-200 km?

Confirmed if the brake fluid level is normal? It could also be a sensor malfunction. But better to rule out other things before assuming a sensor fault.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj (Post 3950621)
Confirmed if the brake fluid level is normal? It could also be a sensor malfunction. But better to rule out other things before assuming a sensor fault.

Yes the driver said he checked the fluid level and is normal. I will again check when he returns. How do I confirm regarding sensor malfunction, visit service station right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay3sh (Post 3950651)
Yes the driver said he checked the fluid level and is normal. I will again check when he returns. How do I confirm regarding sensor malfunction, visit service station right?

Sensor malfunction would show up in a scan and service centre can detect it in no time. If fluid level is fine, hand brake is disengaged and brakes are functioning normally, the intermittent warning could be triggered by a loose connection or a sensor malfunction. Brake pad wear warning sensor is not present right. Another sensor would be for the hand brake engage/release. But since you mentioned that there is a separate indicator for that and is functioning normally, that sensor could be fine. Driver should take extra caution and avoid speeding, just in case, while driving back as its something to do with brakes and take it to the service centre to get it rectified.

Not sure if this is the right thread, but can I know what features are offered in the GT TDI compared to the highline diesel in the current series versions? Since there are so many facelifts and feature additions, it has been difficult to track for me. Apart from the higher power and some visual changes, what else do I miss if I get a Highline diesel compared to a GT TDI?

Was in the market looking for a replacement to my WagonR, and I was considering the polo and the Figo. Somehow the Polo looks beautiful to ignore and move on. Any offers on the Highline here in Bangalore?

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioholic (Post 3954262)

Not sure if this is the right thread, but can I know what features are offered in the GT TDI compared to the highline diesel in the current series versions?

Hey audioholic, first off you are spot on with respect to the cosmetic changes on the GT vis-a-vis the Highline variant. From what I know, these are only the changes you get and I would not even call them extras.

But yes, some of the extras that I can think of are:

- Estrada Alloys on GT vs the regular Tosa Alloys on Highline
- GT Grill on the front and rear but only TDI badges on the Highline
- All black interior on the GT vs Silver finish centre console on the Highline
- Not sure on this, but GT step garnish vs nothing on the Highline
- Probably a slightly different seat upholstery on the GT vs the regular ones on the Highline

All said and done, if you had the funds to stretch a bit, personally I would recommend going in for the GT TDI. It really is a special hatch. :thumbs up

Took a test drive of the Polo Highline today. The sales guy was pretty prompt and on time to my office and I took it around for a short 3km stretch. Since I had driven the Polo in Germany for quite sometime, the only difference I wanted to experience was the diesel engine. I had a petrol Polo in Germany. In short, here are some points:

What I liked:What I did not like:Overall, the looks of the car has totally brought me. I see here that the polo might receive more updates, but if that pushes prices even further up, then I will have to bin the plan to buy one. However, if the prices remain the same, I will be the first one to book the updated version. At the current scenario, I am still wondering whether to plonk the money on the car or not.

Will take some time to make up my mind and save some money to prevent a total bank wipe out :D In the meanwhile it would be great to hear some opinions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioholic (Post 3957824)
... ... ...
Will take some time to make up my mind and save some money to prevent a total bank wipe out :D In the meanwhile it would be great to hear some opinions.

Loose out on the still-modest new-model feature list, but still get a great car by buying used?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 3957844)
Loose out on the still-modest new-model feature list, but still get a great car by buying used?

Used car would have been an option but I need it for my daily office run of close to 55km. Hence that will put 1000kms on the Odo easily per month excluding the distance clocked running errands or the drive to my village which can take monthly usage to 1500kms. Hence I am looking for a car which can last me 60000kms without needing anything but regular maintenance and replacement of wear and tear parts. For those one off part failures I would need the car to be under warranty. Unless I find a used car to fit these requirements, I would rather save up money and buy a new piece :)

If it was for a shorter commute, I would have brought a used polo eyes closed.

I see your reasoning. For me, saving up the difference was not an option if I wanted a car in the foreseeable future. I was actually prepared to wait, but a good Polo just happened to turn up and I jumped on it. I'd have had to pay at least 3 Lakh more new, and, it seems, prices have gone up again.

The car I bought would probably have fitted your requirements but sorry... I bought it! :uncontrol