Team-BHP - Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/76341-volkswagen-polo-test-drive-review-235.html)

Can folks confirm if they've received the spare lamp/fuse kit with the new Polo.

I bought my new Polo 1.5TDI CL back in Aug 2014 from Elite Motors, Bangalore.
At the time, I was told by the dealer that my new-Polo was shipped with the lamp/fuse kit from the old Polo and that it would be incompatible and hence not provided.
They promised to call as soon as the replacement kits arrived and I'm still waiting..:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by ataraxia (Post 3663703)
Can folks confirm if they've received the spare lamp/fuse kit with the new Polo.

I bought my new Polo 1.5TDI CL back in Aug 2014 from Elite Motors, Bangalore.

At the time, I was told by the dealer that my new-Polo was shipped with the lamp/fuse kit from the old Polo and that it would be incompatible and hence not provided.

They promised to call as soon as the replacement kits arrived and I'm still waiting..:Frustrati

Yes, I don't think the new polo comes with those. I also didn't get the same along with my GT.

Hello, definitely not with the GT, as I did not receive it too. Also the spare key was a normal one, and no pouch for the manual. However I was given to understand that the regular Polo comes with a duplicate flip key and the pouch. Though he did not mention about the spare lamp, best double check with the dealer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 3658833)
For me, denting and respraying rear door and rear quarter, I think was 8,000 in Chennai. I mentioned it in the service dos and don'ts thread. Slight scratches may benefit from just a touch up, but mine was through to the metal. To do the job properly they really have to respray the whole panel. I'm very happy with the result: it looks as good as new.

Hi, am also planning to get a deep scratch off from my GT's rear door and running board. From where did you get your job done? Am planning to visit VW sundaram and did you give it to them. Also planning to use my Bajaj allianze zero dep policy. Did you pay up or use insurance and how was the whole experience ? Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drpudhi (Post 3663966)
Hi, am also planning to get a deep scratch off from my GT's rear door and running board. From where did you get your job done? Am planning to visit VW sundaram and did you give it to them. Also planning to use my Bajaj allianze zero dep policy. Did you pay up or use insurance and how was the whole experience ? Thanks.

Sundaram, White's Road. I paid up; I don't think it is worth loosing the NCB for something I can afford (and come to think of it, I think I lowered the premium by volunteering for an "excess" of 8k or 10k anway).

It was done along with a service, and, apart from the fact that they omitted to daub some touch-up on minor scratches, it was good, with the car being ready a day or two early.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drpudhi (Post 3663966)

I think you should connect with your service advisor and find out what would be the difference during premium renewal if you claim insurance. Then you can compare it with the estimated repair cost. Of course you risk loosing NCB when you go for claim. However please consider when you would be actually utilizing that NCB advantage. Also with our traffic conditions you never know when another scratch may occur (lets hope, never).

VW is surely goung the Skoda way . Idiotic waiting period . Uninterested dealers . Pathetic service experience of owners. The customer doesn't minds paying that extra money for the premium stuff he is expecting. But what he gets ? Repeated pestering to get color and model specification desired. Car never delivered at time in services. Wafer thin service network.
I am native of manali. Himachal may be a small state but VW has got nil presence here. Nearest reliable service station is at Chandigarh which is 320 kms from here. Service intervals may be once a year and I too don't mind driving 320 kms for service ince a year. But what if niggles crop up?
I definitely don't want to go 640 kms to and fro for a small issue. If I get sorted outside I risk loosing warranty.
just imagine.
Distance between manali and Chandigarh is 320 kms one way.
in these 320 kms I have.
1. 5 maruti suzuki major dealers and uncountable service station.
2. 3 Hyundai major dealers and at least 5 service station
3. Even tata has 3 dealers and at least 4 service station.
4. Toyota , Honda , Nissan, Renault , Ford , Fiat Chevrolet all have their presence.
And VW ? a big zero.
VW definitely needs a major shift in policy . tier 2 and 3 cities too contribute to volumes . Till dealership and service providers are in proper place sales are not gonna high up .
And yes .
My latest car in waiting is Hyundai Grand I10 Asta . Hope to get it delivered in a week or so.

Somebody recently posted about not buying a Yeti, despite really wanting one, due to dealer/service being over 300km away (maybe it was you?).

I don't think that it is practical to buy any vehicle if there is not a local service/dealer presence. What about breakdown or accident assistance?

My personal experience of VW dealers and service in Chennai is much better. I have no major complaints. It is, so far, better than my four years with Maruti. I haven't checked the numbers, I guess it is probably more expensive too, but definitely better

Personally, I would not travel more than ten to fifteen km to buy or service a car. Ok, so I have the "luxury" of living in a major city; probably there are many who don't have any dealer that close, but... 300km! No. That would be a major trip for me.

If they have no presence in your area, they are simply not competing for your business.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 3669297)
Somebody recently posted about not buying a Yeti, despite really wanting one, due to dealer/service being over 300km away (maybe it was you?).
====
If they have no presence in your area, they are simply not competing for your business.

sorry brother .
it wasn't me. I just joined TBHP couple of days ago. but what you are saying is definitely 100% right. it is stupid to go such a long way as service station is not just required for yearly service only. minor niggles do keep cropping up every now and then.

Thanks --- and welcome to Team-BHP.

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to buy a pre-owned Polo Highline (1.2l, D) and have shortlisted 3-4 cars which I will be test driving this weekend.

The cars are in the 2010-2012 year range with around 40k-50k on the odo and asking prices of around 4-4.5 lakhs.

So here are a few queries -
1. What should be the ideal price range? Are the prices I am being quoted realistic?
2. Any model year I should prefer (from reading the posts here, I can conclude that the 2010 cars did not come with electronic ORVM while the 2012 ones did), any other such points which would make me favor a particular model year?
3. Any Polo specific things/niggles/points I should keep an eye out for while checking out these vehicles?

m. Shekhar
Ideal price point would depend on the region /city that the vehicle belongs to
You might wanna go for the 2012 model since this came with smoked headlamps, electronic or my, steering mounted controls, a Bluetooth speaker, parking sensors and an upgraded ice

Quote:

Originally Posted by arethusa (Post 3671606)
m. Shekhar
Ideal price point would depend on the region /city that the vehicle belongs to

Thanks. Will look for 2012 cars.

And my location is Mumbai.

A random search on cartrade websites brought me to a few VW POLO 1.6 petrols in the NCR region.
Quoted prices are usually in range of 3.6-3.8 for 2010-2011 models and mileages around 40-50k.

This got me real interested. Does anybody have any ideas as to what kind of prices would make sense.
Also wondering aloud if the POLO 1.6 makes sense at all. Expecting a good,if not the fastest drive. And city mileage of 10-11.
Very low running ~800Kms expected.

If mods think this post is in the wrong place, please move it appropriately.

Folks..i am selling my 2011 polo petrol 1.2 trendline and going for a vento tsi. while i have posted ads on various sites and see a lot of interest for my red stallion:-) just thought a good idea would be to also check with any of our tbhpians in mumbai who would be interested.
Mod please direct this post to the right section if found irrelevant here