Team-BHP - Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/76341-volkswagen-polo-test-drive-review-227.html)

[quote=vishalchaudhary;3518393]Hello there,
I've got my music system replaced from the dealership itself - VW Delhi West. It is a great system and has - Touch Screen Display, Navigation, DVD, Bluetooth, USB (2 nos.), iPod Connectivity, Reverse Camera (included in the price), a game and option to type and save notes too ! Although onboard memory is just ~100 MB. I paid Rs. 40,000/- for it after the dealership deducted Rs. 5,000/- for the system that comes with the New Polo. Please do note that the newly introduced Voice Command system doesn't work with it.

Have a look at this -

When turned off

I saw this unit at the same dealer as well. It is a very good unit and a good value as it includes installation and the reverse camera. The dealer suggested that he could give a further discount on the 40k as well but I already have a good nav system installed in my Jetta.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shefiu (Post 3518184)
Anyone put have an unobtrusive navigation solution in their polo?

The audio unit location is ideal for a large screen replacement - but not seen many reliable navigation options out there.

Anyone who has done care to share with us?

Be very careful during installation.

I recently got a VW compatible Nippon unit installed in my Jetta and despite all precautions, things went wrong. At first the unit would remain powered even with ignition off and it drained the battery. After fixing this, my rear windows lost all power. Thankfully I got it fixed at VW cheaply. Hence I would recommend a dealer install, the kind listed here for 40K to avoid any electrical issues unless you can find an installer with a sound knowledge of VW electronics and CANBUS. Reverse camera is another tricky issue that has been discussed plenty of times before.

I would highly commend VW Delhi West for their help in fixing my issues. They were quick, professional and charged very little.

Does the Center armrest intrude on knee room for the Center rear passenger?

I was test driving the gt tsi and felt it might intrude into knee room similar to the rear ca vents on some cars. Would be great to get a response from any of you who have fixed one.

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by gautam99 (Post 3520058)
Does the Center armrest intrude on knee room for the Center rear passenger?

I was test driving the gt tsi and felt it might intrude into knee room similar to the rear ca vents on some cars. Would be great to get a response from any of you who have fixed one.

Thanks

It does not really intrude much on the knee room . The leg space is anyway minimal in the polo. Getting the armrest fixed is a no brainier! So much more comfortable the polo is to drive after that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shefiu (Post 3519110)
Wow, way to get a 3rd player in the running. Gonna post a lot of questions in your thread!

Second player actually. The Kenwood DNX535VBT isn't available in India, even though its shown on their site.

I just called up the company to inquire about it and they told me they've never imported it because there is no demand. I told them how wrong they were and that they've gifted the entire market to Blaupunkt. They weren't even aware that the Vento Konekt is now coming factory-fitted with the Philadelphia 835. Hopefully my call leads to them rethinking their stand. They are supposed to give me a reply in a week's time.

Can anyone let me know where I can get good aftermarket fog lamps for Polo (CL) in Chennai? Posting on behalf of a friend. He is not interested in buying from VW dealership.
Thanks.

Quote:

good aftermarket fog lamps
What are you (he) expecting? Fog lamps are meant to illuminate the road just in front of the car. Over-bright would actually be bad: it would cause more glare when driving in actual fog.

In the absence of much real fog in Chennai, I find the fog lamps just fine for illuminating bumps, potholes and the like. (2011 Polo 1.6)

(I'd like it if the headlamps were better, but not enough to motivated to mod. Might be if I did highway driving at night.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 3521183)

What are you (he) expecting? Fog lamps are meant to illuminate the road just in front of the car. Over-bright would actually be bad: it would cause more glare when driving in actual fog.

In the absence of much real fog in Chennai, I find the fog lamps just fine for illuminating bumps, potholes and the like. (2011 Polo 1.6)

(I'd like it if the headlamps were better, but not enough to motivated to mod. Might be if I did highway driving at night.)

Sir, my friend is local and is very much aware of the fog issue in Chennai.
As you said he needs it for bumps, potholes and regular highway (single & multi lane) driving
Any suggestions of dealers would be helpful.

Off late I got the yellow build replaced with a white one to improve the light intensity during the night. But it's no better .. The vision worsens in the night if it's raining. Can any help ? Should I get the headlights changed ?

how many are experiencing left pulling on their polo ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rana_kirti (Post 3522007)

Polo cl petrol bought Dec 13, no issues till date. Started regular running from March 14, 6.8k kms done, and a good percentage of that on bad roads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rana_kirti (Post 3522007)

Yes I also feel such pulling at certain times.

Have a Polo HL 1.2 petrol purchased in Nov last year (Sept'13 manufactured). No pulling to the left. Runs on Apollo Accelere tyres.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdeivan (Post 3512830)
I have been advised that the extended warranty has gone up for the new polo to 12k+. I checked their matrix in their website and it appears like the warranty would have additional cost implications if it is bought after 1yr, 1.5 yrs, etc. http://volkswagenlive.in/volkswagenf...d_warranty.pdf

I had written to VW customer care about the cost of extended warranty. I got a call from the dealer within 3 hrs of writing the email, the cost of extended warranty if bought within 1 year of sale would be 10194 (9073 +12.36%). Need to appreciate their faster response (I was expecting in a day or so)! Looks like their after-sales is definitely improving!

Some Lowlife,stole the 15" Wheel cover of My Polo Comfortline.
Can i purchase one separately,or do i need to purchase the complete set?
How much does a single 15" wheel cover cost?