Team-BHP - Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/76341-volkswagen-polo-test-drive-review-224.html)

Volkswagen has discontinued giving spares bulbs with the car, any one who bought vw has got the spares bulbs or not ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by unknown (Post 3500950)
Volkswagen has discontinued giving spares bulbs with the car, any one who bought vw has got the spares bulbs or not ?

OMG !

You're right, didn't notice while taking delivery. There are no spare bulbs.:eek:

Quote:

They must've discontinued it because I didn't get any either.. Took delivery of the new Polo last week..

Quote:

Now that's unnecessary and cheap! How much can a spare bulb cost these companies, when bought in bulk quantities!

Spare bulb cannot be optional, specially for people doing highway runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP

guys, one question about my polo 1.2 petrol

today while driving back from work, took another route and could avoid a hump, flew over it.

first came the EPC sign and then the engine sign, now the EPC sign is gone, engine sign still remains. should i take the car to the service centre?? no hard crashes were heard when i hit the hump. help please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by nevinfrancis (Post 3501047)
first came the EPC sign and then the engine sign, now the EPC sign is gone, engine sign still remains. should i take the car to the service centre?? no hard crashes were heard when i hit the hump. help please:

Yes, you should definitely take the car to the workshop ASAP. They will scan it with VAS machine to know the error code and would also lift up the car to visually see if there's been any damage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 3501041)
Now that's unnecessary and cheap! How much can a spare bulb cost these companies, when bought in bulk quantities!

Spare bulb cannot be optional, specially for people doing highway runs

The Polo now has dual bulbs, one for high and low beam, so the spare is already in the headlight. In my Altis, they have given spare but only for high beam. So if the low beam blows I am still left without a low beam bulb but still have lights.

Pretty sure nobody will give you 4 bulbs spare but actually they could have done something clever and given one low beam and one high beam bulb. Might have made sense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vishalchaudhary (Post 3501015)
OMG !

You're right, didn't notice while taking delivery. There are no spare bulbs.:eek:

I thought some one has stolen or forgotten by vw chaps :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tjax (Post 3501020)
They must've discontinued it because I didn't get any either.. Took delivery of the new Polo last week..

Seems like they stopped giving, thanks for the confirmation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 3501041)

Spare bulb cannot be optional, specially for people doing highway runs.

Atleast they have provided one each bulb for both lights.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3501112)
The Polo now has dual bulbs, one for high and low beam, so the spare is already in the headlight. In my Altis, they have given spare but only for high beam. So if the low beam blows I am still left without a low beam bulb but still have lights.

Pretty sure nobody will give you 4 bulbs spare but actually they could have done something clever and given one low beam and one high beam bulb. Might have made sense.

Ok. Looks like a standard practise then. Didn't expect that since headlamps spares are a basic feature and won't cost these manufacturers anything! I remember even our Maruti 800 came with a pair.

However, don't be so sure no one does. I know for a fact that FIAT Linea used to come with a set of 4 lamps - one pair each for the high and low beams.

Quote:

Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 (Post 3501098)
Yes, you should definitely take the car to the workshop ASAP. They will scan it with VAS machine to know the error code and would also lift up the car to visually see if there's been any damage.

thanks :thumbs up. today morning when i started the car to go to the service centre, the warning lights have all disappeared.anyway went there for the absolute surety and peace of mind and the service guy in place was telling me that perhaps the warnings came because of the heavy 'shock' of landing after 'taking off' at the speed breaker/hump. shock must have activated the sensors.

further, he was explaining that if there is some real deal with engine the warning light will be red instead of orange/yellow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lalittalwar (Post 3498457)
in this case, the Ecosport ticks all your boxes. keep the booking, it should be worth its weight in gold :D otherwise, you could also look at duster and terrano, both are available in petrol. but the interiors' quality may not be at par with the Ecosport. Also, a duster facelift is also around the corner. sorry if am confusing you further

Yup... that confused me even more lol:

I test drove the new Polo 1.2 Petrol and though the changes aren't much, the car for some reason felt more refreshed and refined (maybe it was primarily because my TD car was barely 2 weeks old). The interiors are very premium and robust and the car overall feels very elegant. Driving it was a pure pleasure. I also test-drove the 1.2 Punto and Swift last weekend and definitely loved Polo the most among all three. I absolutely loathe the design of new elite i20, so I wouldn't even waste my time test driving it.

Polo is definitely a remarkable car but I currently own a Wagon-R and I think selling-off my waggie to buy a 1.2L Polo hatch-back isn't really a major upgrade. On the other hand, I feel that TSI is a tad overpriced. As you suggested, Ecosport ticks most of the boxes for me. Therefore, given my requirements, I think I should stick with my booking of Ford EcoSport.

I have a question for the 2014 facelift polo owners.. It's been almost two weeks since I got my car but I'm still waiting for my mudflaps (though I've already been charged for it as a part of the essential pack). Despite constant follow up I still haven't got them. Today my SA (from Volkswagen palace cross, Bangalore) tells me none of the new polo's have got them yet.. Was wondering if anyone has got them yet for the new polo..?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tjax (Post 3505975)
I have a question for the 2014 facelift polo owners.. It's been almost two weeks since I got my car but I'm still waiting for my mudflaps (though I've already been charged for it as a part of the essential pack). Despite constant follow up I still haven't got them. Today my SA (from Volkswagen palace cross, Bangalore) tells me none of the new polo's have got them yet.. Was wondering if anyone has got them yet for the new polo..?

I also got the mudflaps for my new polo after a couple of days of the delivery day, but 2 weeks is too much ! Perhaps the dealer is waiting for some more orders so that he can club them as one consignment, just a wild guess !

Quote:

Originally Posted by vishalchaudhary (Post 3505984)
I also got the mudflaps for my new polo after a couple of days of the delivery day, but 2 weeks is too much ! Perhaps the dealer is waiting for some more orders so that he can club them as one consignment, just a wild guess !

Hmm.. Yeah I was unconvinced with the 'no one has got them' argument.. Did you get your car in Bangalore?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tjax (Post 3505975)

Hi Tjax, I got mine last week (Elite Motors, Bangalore) and I was also told that there were no mud flaps / floor mats. I was told 2 weeks (1 week back!).