Team-BHP - Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/76341-volkswagen-polo-test-drive-review-204.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebfg (Post 3436761)
That car is a looker in grey, even my Vento is Pepper Grey. Wishing you (your wife rather) many happy miles ahead, hope you enjoy the car to its fullest!:)
Mind sharing the price :D

I got her for, 2.1L less than the price of a new Comfortline petrol.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebfg (Post 3436761)
The radio is losing sound because of the low radio coverage in your area maybe?
Take it to the workshop for the climate control, that is weird. How old is your car? It might have developed an electrical problem. Do update us on the solution.

I don't think it is the coverage. It happens randomly. And my daily route takes me through the heart of Mumbai, so I wouldn't expect the signal to be a problem.

My car is yet to complete one year, and I have not had any major issues with it so far. Some time back, the steering would make a strange sound when I turned it through more than 90 degrees, but they fixed that during the six-month checkup. When I asked the SA, he said it was an issue with the "pendulum". I will have to read up on automobile suspensions to decipher that...

And yes Pepper Grey is a beautiful color. There are times when I look out of my living room window and admire my car like it is someone else's. stupid: She's my first car, and I didn't know much about automobiles when I bought her. But the hours and hours I spend on this forum help, and it has reached a point where I share at least one nugget of information from here everyday with my wife.

Coming back to my car (I really must give her a name shouldn't I?), the only complaint I have is the behaviour of the engine at low RPMs. The minute the needle comes down to 1000 rpm, I brace myself for those godawful vibrations. They are as unseemly as a beautiful woman going burrrrrrrrrppppppppp. lol:

Will update this thread once my car is back from the workshop. Hopefully they are just minor niggles.

(Btw, the real reason I am taking her to the workshop is because a truck ripped her left ORVM off at the IIT Powai signal on Friday evening :mad:. I swear I felt the pain myself, and it effectively screwed up my weekend mood. I can't wait for her to get well soon.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLizardKing (Post 3436819)
I don't think it is the coverage. It happens randomly. And my daily route takes me through the heart of Mumbai, so I wouldn't expect the signal to be a problem.

If signal isn't a problem, try a new aerial. Gannu has a fantastic DIY thread on how to install a shark fin antenna. Try driving around in your friend's car, if it doesn't lose connectivity, then it is most probably your aerial. There could be a lose connection point as well.

Quote:

Coming back to my car (I really must give her a name shouldn't I?), the only complaint I have is the behaviour of the engine at low RPMs. The minute the needle comes down to 1000 rpm, I brace myself for those godawful vibrations.

A 3 cylinder will never be graceful. Neither in the lower RPM's nor in the higher. I think the Micra is by far the most refined 3-pot out there.

Quote:

Will update this thread once my car is back from the workshop. Hopefully they are just minor niggles

Btw, the real reason I am taking her to the workshop is because a truck ripped her left ORVM off at the IIT Powai signal on Friday evening :mad:. I swear I felt the pain myself, and it effectively screwed up my weekend mood. I can't wait for her to get well soon

Don't you just hate those moments of your life, when your car gets beat up even though it wasn't your fault. I hope that trucks aren't allowed to be sold without cameras on all sides. Take London buses for example the driver has access to 5 cameras at the front and 5 cameras at the back. The drivers are reckless to an extent, but with everyone blaming you for incidents you do want to express your anger lol:.

Has any Polo owner recently purchased extended warranty and/or RSA? My Polo is about to turn a year old, and I know it will get more expensive later. Does anyone know how much the extended warranty and RSA will cost me? Mine is the 1.2 (P) Highline model.
Any information will be much appreciated. I really wish Volkswagen (and other manufacturers) would just put this information on their website. :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLizardKing (Post 3436893)
Has any Polo owner recently purchased extended warranty and/or RSA? My Polo is about to turn a year old, and I know it will get more expensive later. Does anyone know how much the extended warranty and RSA will cost me? Mine is the 1.2 (P) Highline model.
Any information will be much appreciated. I really wish Volkswagen (and other manufacturers) would just put this information on their website. :Frustrati

Yep, I purchased extended warranty at my first service for my Vento. Read through the Team-Bhp articles, and you'll find that we're all for extended warranty.
It costs ~20,000 for the Vento. I think that the Polo should be close or the same.
But if it is about to turn a year old, are you allowed to purchase extended warranty? Other users please comment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebfg (Post 3436948)
Yep, I purchased extended warranty at my first service for my Vento. Read through the Team-Bhp articles, and you'll find that we're all for extended warranty.
It costs ~20,000 for the Vento. I think that the Polo should be close or the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLizardKing (Post 3436893)

You can get the extended warranty any time during the tenure of the original warranty, in case of the Polo which is the first two years. As has been innumerably reiterated on this forum, having an 'EW for the VW' is absolutely essential. I got mine during the purchase itself.

The details have been furnished on their website though buddy; following is the link to it - http://volkswagenlive.in/volkswagenf...d_warranty.pdf
Thankfully it is not as high as the Vento.

However, my friend recently enquired about it and was quoted 10k. So please check with the dealership to confirm.

Extended Warranty can be purchased for the Polo / Vento upto 23 months from the date of purchase of the vehicle.

With regards to Road Side Assistance, every VW comes with 2 years of RSA. Whenever you visit the workshop after 18 months of owning your VW, your Service Advisor will try to sell RSA for an additional 2 years. Selling RSA is one of the parameters that workshops are checked on by VW. You will also receive a phone call from VW call centre trying to sell RSA if you decline at the workshop.

Guys,Since i am new to Polo and havent got the time to go through the Manual.
Please answer my queries.

1)Is it possible,to enable Auto locking in comfortline trim?
Even the 2800 bucks central locking in my Thar has that option.

2)According to the review,Polo petrol wont rev beyond 3800RPM when idle.
I have confirmed this in a friends 2010 TDI which wont rev beyond 3K.
Tried on mine yesterday,and much to my dismay,she screamed all the way to 6K:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay4587 (Post 3437178)

Tried on mine yesterday,and much to my dismay,she screamed all the way to 6K:Frustrati

1. you are asking about auto locking corresponding to speed, right? (i.e. all doors auto lock at 15kmph or so) You have to do that through VDCS.

2. :Shockked: no rev limit??!?! that beats me, I'll let the more knowledgeable people answer that.

Quote:

1. AFAIK, it is available only on the Highline (HL) variant. Please ask your workshop if they can enable it on your car. It is a useful feature to have. The HL also has auto-unlock, where the doors unlock once you turn the ignition off and remove the key.
:OT Why do manufacturers offer such useful features only on the highest trim? These are comforts, not luxury items. And the stupidest tactic that most Indian manufacturers (VW is no longer among them clap:) employ is giving safety features like ABS and airbags only on the highest trim. The average Joe who may not be very informed about the criticality of these features ends up buying the middle trim, and the safety-conscious ones grin and bear the cost AND the unbelieving looks of the average Joes. :Frustrati

2. I have never tried to check. I'll check in the evening and update. My Polo is a 1.2 (P) HL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by methecupid (Post 3436965)
The details have been furnished on their website though buddy; following is the link to it - http://volkswagenlive.in/volkswagenf...d_warranty.pdf
Thankfully it is not as high as the Vento.

However, my friend recently enquired about it and was quoted 10k. So please check with the dealership to confirm.

10k sounds about right for a Polo Petrol. Rs. 9,073 + Service Tax @ 12.36% = Rs. 10,195.

I wish VW allowed us to purchase Extended Warranty (EW) only. I live in Andheri and bought my car at the Thane dealership. Is it necessary to purchase EW from the same dealer from whom you bought your car?

Quote:

Auto Lock as in all doors automatically locking after you cross a certain speed is a feature which is available in all trims of Polo. This is a feature which should be enabled by the workshop prior to delivery of the vehicle. If it is not done, you can get it done at your nearest VW authorised workshop.

The engine should not rev if you are in Neutral. If a gear is engaged, then you will be able to rev it much higher. If this is happening in Neutral, then contact your local authorised workshop so they can rectify the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLizardKing (Post 3437281)
I wish VW allowed us to purchase Extended Warranty (EW) only. I live in Andheri and bought my car at the Thane dealership. Is it necessary to purchase EW from the same dealer from whom you bought your car?

Extended Warranty can be bought from any VW dealership irrespective of where the vehicle was bought.

Guys, what are the implications when we disconnect the terminals of the battery and reconnect it later? I read on the forums that the one touch up-down functionality of the windows might temporarily go off and the warning lights on the cluster light up for a brief while. Do we need to go to the service center to rectify this?

Some of you may have had the battery replaced so might know of this. Please let me know! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gannu_1 (Post 3437971)
Guys, what are the implications when we disconnect the terminals of the battery and reconnect it later? I read on the forums that the one touch up-down functionality of the windows might temporarily go off and the warning lights on the cluster light up for a brief while. Do we need to go to the service center to rectify this?

Some of you may have had the battery replaced so might know of this. Please let me know! :)

I read (somewhere, I really don't remember where... sorry:) that all modifications made to the default settings via VCDS get lost when you disconnect and reconnect the battery. I have not verified this information, so others may please correct me if I am wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gannu_1 (Post 3437971)
I read on the forums that the one touch up-down functionality of the windows might temporarily go off and the warning lights on the cluster light up for a brief while.

Here is how to reset the one touch feature if it stops working:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37dnXOQS5pU

Hope this helps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by methecupid (Post 3436965)
url]http://volkswagenlive.in/volkswagenform/pdf/vw_extended_warranty.pdf[/url]

The prices in the PDF are current, at least for the Polo Petrol. I got a call from the VW Andheri workshop, and the lady quoted the exact same amount as given in the PDF.
I just have to provide a copy of my RC Book, and anyone can purchase it on my behalf. :)