Team-BHP - Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/76341-volkswagen-polo-test-drive-review-196.html)

I am very much disappointed with VW service this time. My Polo has done 40K KMs and it was my fourth service with Chennai - Ambathur service station. They have gone through the service checklist and changed the front brake pads and discs. I have asked them to change the tail lamp cluster cover so they have done that too. I have no complaints about those replacements because those are the only work they have done with the car.
The car was not washed, not cleaned, did not change the engine oil, did not clean the AC vents, did not swap the tyres (which they volunteered as part of the service). I had raised the complaint about the door handle to be fixed, they just completely ignored. They dropped the dusty car back to me in the night. The car was looking better before giving it for service as it looked like they had parked the car on the road side for 2 days.
I have received the bill for 18, 800/- ( 8k for the brakes, 2k for Tail light cluster and 8k + for the service). It is not money matters here, it sounds like they just trying to achieve something different at others cost.
I called the service manager he said he was not sure about what had happened as they were 14 cars to be cleared. He asked for a day time to find out what happened? He called me the next day and asked to bring the car onto the service center.
They fixed the door handle, washed the car and wiped the windscreen. I spent 3 hours at their reception area for getting this work done. The best part is when I opened the door and adjusted the floor mat there were biscuit pieces lying underneath. Service Manager again started sorry, unfortunately we are short of people could not do much. He asked me raise a complaint when the VW representative call for a CSAT survey.
I did not want to waste my time anymore, just picked up the car and drove away.
I understand that Sundaran Motors also doing VW service. I know they are doing good job for Honda but I just wanted to check before I head to them for the next time. Can you advise please?

Thanks.

Sanoop, you'd be better off in the specific maintenance thread. You could start with my recent post: here.

Not perfect, and took me two visits, but, in the end, probably better than your experience with Abra.

Now you come to mention it, I don't think they rotated my wheels. My annual mileage is so low, that's probably not a big thing for me anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by delta5 (Post 3361546)
Like Thad said, it only means one thing, Women behind wheels are as dangerous as increasing driving speeds. Outrageous statement.

I too was shocked to hear the same. However on second thought I guess they meant something else.
1- On an average women are shorter than men, meaning they end up sitting closer to steering.
2- Pregnant women driver can be injured more easily on impact to steering wheel. (There is a debate on injury due to seat belt during pregnancy)
3- A women driver is at more risk compared to a male driver of same height of a chest injury due to steering impact.

This is the conclusion I made out from the statement read out on NDTV and few online search.

Polo 'facelifted' spotted in India. Expect launch in May 2014. Very limited changes compared to the Eu version.

Biggest change is expected in the TDI when the 1.5TDI ( tweaked engine of the current 1.6TDI)with two power power outputs – 89bhp and 104bhp – and these will replace the 1.2-litre TDI and the 1.6-litre TDI.

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-2014vwpolofaceliftspiedindia.jpg

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-2014vwpolofaceliftspiedindiarear.jpg

Quote:

The facelifted Polo gets a set of redesigned headlights with new mirror elements, a tweaked grille (which gets rid of the twin slat chrome grille layout) and a new bumper sporting smaller enclosures for the foglights.
The new rear bumper though which sees a redesign to the registration plate area apart from the addition of reflectors.

http://indianautosblog.com/2014/02/2...d-india-120063

Looks like the head rests for the rear seat have been changed to the inverted-L type that retracts all the way down to the seat-back. Nice! Won't obstruct the vision through the IRVM now.

Good to see a metallic colour on the GT TSI. Hope they offer shadow blue with the refreshed TSI.

Changes which I could infer from the above two images

Quote:

Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 (Post 3367965)
ABS & Airbags would be standard across range thanks to Global NCAP. So VW Polo is the only car to come standard with ABS & airbags in hatchback.

One correction though, Airbags are standard across all variants but not ABS - Global NCAP 4 (adult occupant protection) rating remain same!

Cheers!

AMT for Polo/Vento?

VW has already has an automated manual transmission doing duty on its budget Up! hatchback sold in Europe.Dubbed the ASG, the semi-automatic gearbox on the Volkswagen Up! weighs just 3 kilograms more than its equivalent, 5 speed manual gearbox.A similar gearbox on the Polo/Vento would not only make the AMT equipped versions as light as their manual gearbox equipped brethren but would also make the cars more cost effective and fuel efficient.

VW - UP's ASG
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-volkswagenupsautomatedmanualtransmissionamt.jpg

So the next Change being talked of.. Volkswagen India will jump onto the semi-automatic (AMT) gearbox brigade shortly. The Polo hatchback and the Vento sedan are touted to be the first crop of Volkswagen cars to be equipped with the semi-automatic transmission that automates the working of the clutch. However, there is no indication as to when exactly Volkswagen India would begin equipping the Polo and the Vento with the AMT (automated manual transmission).
Approx cost is speculated +50k INR more than the manual variant.

http://www.cartoq.com/volkswagen-ind...c-amt-gearbox/

Quote:

Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 (Post 3367965)
[*]Fog lamp design changes and has provision for two bulbs. Yes it would get a DRL just like we had in Fabia & Superb. New customers could get it activated by VAS.

The lights on the inside of the fog lamp clusters are static cornering lights. The Polo Highline variant retailing elsewhere have them for quite some time now.

Here's how they work:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0tv9FvevHo

Another link - Volkswagen UK - Static Cornering Light

Welcome changes to the Polo IMO, since I was skeptical about how much of the facelift changes will VW bring to India.

What I Like:
- The new headlamps looks neat, hope it is better than the excuse of a headlamps in the current model.
- The air dam looks awesome.
- The static cornering light, sounds like an Indian engineering. I switch on my fogs while venturing into unknown twisty unmarked roads and at times forget to switch it off. :Frustrati I definitely welcome this and would like to get it for my ride, if its a plug-n-play.
- Metallic silver GT TSI:thumbs up. I hope they bring in the pepper grey and shadow blue, both my favourites.

Opportunities Missed:
- Turn indicators on ORVMs. Those would look sick on Polos and will be more visible two wheelers next to you on the road.
- The new European polo interiors looked refreshingly new, after seeing the Polo's same old same old for last 4 years.
- Tail lamps. They look so bland in daylight.
- Radio antenna. They should have switched to shark fins one.

And yes hope they bring in some new alloys as well.

Cheers,D.

Sadly we do not get the new interior. This is much needed IMHO to keep the product appealing. Heres a pic of the new interior that we will not get.

VW India , President and MD, Mr Mahesh Kodumudi reveals..

Quote:

Volkswagen will launch the Polo facelift by July this year. It will be powered by the new 1.5-litre TDI unit which belongs to the same family of engines as the 1.6-litre TDI. The introduction of the Polo facelift will also see the discontinuation of the 1.2-litre and 1.6-litre units and the 1.5 TDI will be the standard diesel engine across the Polo and Vento range.

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/volksw...vGKL6dAUPFT.99[/COLOR]

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 3368952)
VW India , President and MD, Mr Mahesh Kodumudi reveals..

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/volksw...vGKL6dAUPFT.99[/COLOR]

And I am considering the GT TSI for purchase in May! By the looks of it it doesn't look like the facelift brings much, the rear bumper IMO makes it look too dare I say, Korean (i10 grand-ish) but it would suck to have the car in may and have a facelift come out just 2 months later, although I cannot postpone my purchase further than may.

Is the MID inside the instrument cluster of the facelifted TSI spied recently, a larger one? The cutout on the cluster appears bigger to me.

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-2014vwpolofaceliftspiedindiainterior.jpg

Could it be this cluster found in the Polo/Vento retailing abroad?

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-vwpolo_24.jpg

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-vwpolohatchbackckd16.jpg

It is worthwhile to note that India imports the Polo 1.6 to Malaysia with the exact cluster (link).

I am getting an engine sign in my polo. The color is in orange. I read the car manual and it shows fault in the catalytic converter.
So i went to the VW service station and checked it up. They said that the EGR has some problem and they will have to check it thoroughly. I asked how much would it cost. They said -

If its just the pipe damage, the pipe costs 8000/-
If the EGR is damaged fully then the whole unit will be replaced for 33000/- !

May i know if anybody has faced a similar problem and what should be done in this case? Thank you.