Team-BHP - Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/76341-volkswagen-polo-test-drive-review-192.html)

Volkswagen is asking me Rs 7500/- for painting scratch marks of dimensions 15cm x 2cm. They claim it is because of metallic reflex silver. I have straightforwardly refused and I am sure they are not bothered either going by the body language of their staff. I really wonder how many repeat customers they might be getting in our country.

This is the email I received today from Volkswagen Service Guwahati after I left feedback on VW website:

Quote:

To
Mr.Pranjal Patowary
Guwahati.

Sub-AS01BFXXXX POLO

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Volkswagen passenger car dealer.

This is to inform you that you are visit in our dealership on 11 Sept 2013 for paint related issue. After our observation our service advisor found there is a dent & scratch on Rear RT qtr panel & Rear Rt.side door of your vehicle Volkswagen Polo- AS01BF5166.On the same time our advisor gives an estimate to you Rs.7500/-against your vehicle damages. (Qtr panel & Door scratch approx 4 inch/10 inch approx)

1. You also aware Volkswagen used water based (environment friendly) color & water based color cost is different with other manufacturer paint cost.

2. Also your vehicle color is metallic & it's a metallic touch up paint it will NEVER match. Even though we painted the door & panel with the same color, it will never match. The reason is the metallic stands up much differently when it comes out of the paint gun and is baked on compared to the way the metallic stands up if you brush it on, or even use an airbrush.

3. The touch up paint is new... the paint on your car is old/older and has some faded... so at this point and time not likely there will be a complete match.

4. The paint on your car will have faded by now a bit, from being exposed to the sun/rain/elements. The new paint will be the original color

5. When a car is made it is sprayed lightly several times, there are several thin coats. When you use touch up paint you aren't using the same fine mist of color to build up the coats of paint,

As per our labour schedule 1 no Rt qtr panel & 1 no door of polo painting charge comes around Rs.8435/- & now we give you 20% discount on paint charge.

Therefore we are requesting you to please visit our dealer & we will do the work with your full satisfaction.

Thanking you and assuring you our best services are always with you.

Thanks & Regards

Mr......................
After Sales Manager
Ph:+91-80110-50906
SM Autokrafts Pvt. Ltd.
Volkswagen Guwahati

I sincerely believe Volkswagen is overcharging the amount by a mile. There is no way it can cost Rs 7500/- especially when scratch marks are there over an area of 15cm x 2cm. There is no visible dent. I wonder how they got the idea of a dent. And looks like paint is imported from some alien planet. This practice of looting customers is so rampant in Guwahati that even the Security Guard in their dealership tells me that people who had bought their vehicles are frustrated over their running costs and service/maintenance costs.

Having only a single dealership in the entire North East India makes sure that this particular dealership has a field day with the customers in overcharging and burning people's pants.:deadhorse

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatari (Post 3228498)
We have a VW Polo diesel and want to improve visibility while driving at night, especially on the highway as current headlights are quite poor. VW will not allow auxillary lights due to extended warranty. Neither does the showroom provide any spot/driving light options.

So basically we'r stuck. Where do you guys think we can raise this so VW will listen?

I have upgraded my VW Polo Diesel with Philips Xtreme Vision 55/60 H4 bulbs and the results have been good. It does not void the warranty and you do not have to have any additional wiring kit setup. VW is aware of this issue and I do not see them going to do anything about it. The OEM bulbs are Osram 55/60 H4 OEM type. During my periodic service I asked my SA to realign the headlamps so that the focus is better. The focus tends to shift when you replace the bulb. He made a note in the service advice form "Customer changed OEM bulbs". VW charged 100/- for the realignment and the spread is better now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pranjal1984 (Post 3234758)
Volkswagen is asking me Rs 7500/- for painting scratch marks of dimensions 15cm x 2cm. They claim it is because of metallic reflex silver. I have straightforwardly refused and I am sure they are not bothered either going by the body language of their staff. I really wonder how many repeat customers they might be getting in our country.

Painting 4 door handles and the two rear mirror enclosures to non-metallic color itself costs 6000/- :Shockked: There is a valid point to what VW says that their paint is different even though the costs are high. I have personally seen the difference between the color when VW does the job and having an external paintshop do.

I dont know but they have a damn care attitude about maintenance and service costs. Each part and consumable right from engine oil, coolant, paint to mechanical and electronic parts are priced atrocious ly in such a manner that we all should feel privileged to buy their cars. Regarding my issue I called up the owner of the showroom. He asked me to bring the car a second time for inspecting the scratch marks and then giving a quote.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pranjal1984 (Post 3236721)
I dont know but they have a damn care attitude about maintenance and service costs. Each part and consumable right from engine oil, coolant, paint to mechanical and electronic parts are priced atrocious ly in such a manner that we all should feel privileged to buy their cars. Regarding my issue I called up the owner of the showroom. He asked me to bring the car a second time for inspecting the scratch marks and then giving a quote.

7500/- for a paint job which is spread over two panels is a decent cost. As someone said that getting the enclosures and door handles painted will cost around 6000/- and it will cost more or less same for any car with water based color. Also, in VW email shared by you they are saying 10cm x 25cm scratch and you are saying 2cm x 15cm. There is some gap in estimating the actual work. Dents are sometimes not visible to naked eye and you need to inspect it with your hands checking the flow lines/curvature. Oil is expensive because its synthetic. Can't comment about other parts cost as I haven't had any replacements so far.

The scratch is only 15cms x 2 cms. But they are claiming that they have to paint both rear quarter and rear door else paint will not match.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pranjal1984 (Post 3236797)
The scratch is only 15cms x 2 cms. But they are claiming that they have to paint both rear quarter and rear door else paint will not match.

Oh, my bad. Well, yes usually larger area has to be scrubbed, polished and repainted hence more paint and efforts are required. However, hope you get a lesser quote after your meeting with showroom manager. Good luck!

Planning to buy the Polo 1.2 Petrol TL. Had a TD today for a fair distance and it left me quite impressed!
So kind of made up my mind.

But, as usual the dealer has to put in some drama:
The sales rep says Trendline production is currently on hold due to slow movement off the shelf. It is expected to resume in 2 months.
However, he has 1 last vehicle in stock, which I should book quickly before someone else does! I have a feeling the car has been in stock for quite some time as the guy fumbled slightly when I said I want it to be fresh.
Also, the OTR is almost 5.73 L (Ouch?) and has a cash discount of 10000/-.
The guy agrees to let me inspect the vehicle and decide.
He says the CL version has no such issues, but at 6.33 L OTR its way over my budget.
The prices are w.e.f. 5-8-13.

I can haggle him for further discount on the supposedly last Trendline of the season! Not sure what to do :confused: Not too keen on waiting for 2 months.
Plan to inspect the car alongwith an expert aquaintence. Have also understood the VW VIN decoding, thanks to TBHP:thumbs up

Can somebody throw some light on what the prices were before 5-8-13 in Pune. Because, if the vehicle has been in stock for more than a month, the current price-list should not be applicable.
Plus, prices have risen so much in the last 1 year or so? I read a few old posts here, where the Comfortline was available below current Trendline price!

Polo 'Bifuel' has now been a left-hand drive version of the Volkswagen Polo. This vehicle is for the export markets, and it has come down to test the vehicle’s durability. Could this be another variant to be coming our way?

http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...tted-11285.htm

Another "LIMITED EDITION" :Shockked:

VW Polo Limited Edition comes with body graphics on the doors, 'Limited Edition' badges, body coloured roof rails and an after-market Nippon audio system

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-polo.jpg

Source : http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...spotted/17186/

Regards,

There is a 2014 polo facelift* spotted in US. but I cant see what the change is.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11309166...-death-valley/

Facelifted Polo coming in 2014 - Minor updates, while the SIXTH geneartion Polo will arrive in 2015.

Facelifted 2014 Polo is speculated to have a new front-end is likely to feature an updated bumper, new headlights with LED daytime runnings lights, new foglamps and new grille. The rear might not get any changes at all but new alloy wheels might be added to the car.
The dashboard might get minor improvements in the form of a new infotainment system, updated seats and additional equipment

Powertrain options on the facelifted Polo are going to remain the same in India, except the 1.2-litre and 1.6-litre TDI units will be replaced by a new 1.5-litre EA189 diesel engine. This engine will produce 89 BHP in the regular Polo and 104 BHP in the Polo GT.

Globally Volkswagen will bring the UP!’s 1.0-litre, TSI engine with to the Polo.

Cheers!

Hey folks,

Well i was searching for something similar to a rear diffuser for my polo, though just for the looks (inspiration from the R line WRC models). Have seen similar on various cars like figo, honda city, etc. Does anyone know from where you could source them.

Cheers!

Hi Folks !. Booked a Polo petrol HL. Having done most of my driving in automatics, looked for one but dropped the idea after not finding something affordable and good enough. Of the ones I shortlisted, the Polo seems to encourage shifting gears :)

Now the question is, what accessories and upgrades are recommended for the Polo HL ?.