Team-BHP - Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/76341-volkswagen-polo-test-drive-review-188.html)

From what I look, there are scratches on the frame which won't go even if the dent is removed. The dent itself does not seem to warrant 6 k of repair (the panel gap still seem consistent). Try getting a quote from a reputable garage. If the cost of removing dent is around 2-3 K, I'll suggest you get it done outside without claiming insurance. As commented earlier, do your math in terms of what you would save in NCB for next year as well. However, if the difference is 500-700 I'll not try to claim insurance.
By the way, do you notice any noise/rattle from the door post the incident?

I was wondering if I could fit the front and side skirting on my 1.6. I think the smoked headlights are pretty smart too. Does anyone have an estimate of the costs

Ello TBHPians!

My shadowfax (White Polo (P) comfortline- Oct 2012) desparately requires a USB for music. I am kind of fed up with changing CDs with limited songs. Can someone confirm if a USB-in can be attached to the factory fitted music system? Shadowfax came with the earliest music system that is plane jane cd-fm player (dont know its model name).

Also if someone could guide me where I could fix them in South Bombay/ Navi Mumbai.

Thanks already.

Cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron.d (Post 3080344)
I was wondering if I could fit the front and side skirting on my 1.6. I think the smoked headlights are pretty smart too. Does anyone have an estimate of the costs

OEM Body-kit is on the standard accessory list at all VW dealers. Call them and enquire. However, they MAY insist on selling the entire kit including the rear diffuser etc. i.e. not in part!

My car's second service is coming up and after a shoddy experience at KSM Motors, Navi Mumbai I am inclined to go elsewhere. Any suggestions?

My centre AC vent also broke. Coincidently right after I ran out of my warranty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by himanshu_j (Post 3086887)
My car's second service is coming up and after a shoddy experience at KSM Motors, Navi Mumbai I am inclined to go elsewhere. Any suggestions?

My centre AC vent also broke. Coincidently right after I ran out of my warranty.

Come over to BU Bhandari - Pune. From Navi Mumbai it should be around 130 kms here. I've have had nice experience with BU Bhandari during and post sales and for a couple of visits to service center, including first service (for my Polo TDI). Nice chaps, honest and quality service. You will have an entire day spent, but I am sure it would be worth it.

If you do decide to come over, it will be a nice idea to take a prior appointment.

Has anyone recently purchased a Polo highline, after Nov-Dec 2012?
I noticed at a dealership that new highline models come with a different RCD320 unit than the one in Sep last year, also there is Climatronic auto AC!

Are these features coming at the same price as the refreshed Polo model?
(The one with smoked headlamps and steering controls introduced, before the SR model)

Quote:

Originally Posted by envy (Post 3106889)

Are these features coming at the same price as the refreshed Polo model?
(The one with smoked headlamps and steering controls introduced, before the SR model)

The RCD320 with climatronic AC was added to Polo and Vento on 28 Jan'13 with a price hike of around 2%

Thanks to a fellow bhpian came to know that KSM motors, Navi Mumbai has been de-authorised by Volkwagen India. A copy from newspaper is attached.

However one strange thing noticed is that the address of service centre of KSM motors is same as the new entity.

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-image1828876569.jpg

My bro's 3 year/ 18k km driven Polo CL's rear set of tyre (Appollo Accelere) worn out pre-maturely. Its not just the sides, but it worn out evenly so it can't be due to alignment issues. Anybody faced such issue?

He recently (a month back) got his car serviced and did alignment. but he just noticed the tyre condition. He is a kinda guy who seldom open's the bonnet lid / check any mechanicals of car. So its hard to know when actually this happenned.

I dont have the photographs, but will upoad sometime later.

Gentlemen

I have a 20 months old polo petrol, getting mileage of about 10.5 in city (Bangalore) with a/c on most of the time. Just want to know from other owners in Bangalore if its normal. If not I better get it checked! Looking forward for a response. TIA

Took the TD today of a Petrol Polo C/L (along with Swift Vxi, Liva and Brio) and was surprisingly very impressed with it. I had taken TD of the TDI last year Jan and was very disappointed since I had a lot of expectations from it. Today was different story.

The TD was for a friend who cant drive. We took the TD of a Swift Vxi, which by the way was the car we had shortlisted, and then went for the VW. Don't know why I forced him to the VW showroom, but I am glad I did.

For 15k extra for the Polo C/L you get
1. Music system with USB and card reader
2. Rear wiper and defogger
3. Tilt and reach adjustable steering wheel
4. All four windows up and down on remote!!!
5. Bumper to bumper Insurance
6. 6 year rust and 3 year paint warranty
7. 185/60/R15 tyres ( Swift has 165/14)
8. Way bigger boot
9. Dual tone interiors (Black & Beige with silver inserts)
10. More rear space.

Apart from the above, solid and sturdier build,better handling and suspension. The germans are way ahead in that front. Engine drive ability in my opinion was better than the swift, read peppier. The Brio was much more fun to drive though.

Am now on two minds to let my esteem go for the Polo. stupid:

Went for the Summer Camp today only to come to know that it is just general Air-conditioning check up and not general check up of the car including even air filters!

Can anyone confirm if the auto lock on certain speed function is available on Highline models only? I was of the impression it would be available to all models since it would be a simple software update in ECU.

I had also complained about excessive engine vibrations at start up and while going over potholes to which the SA has agreed to change the Engine mounts as well as the Gear mounts under warranty. Any fellow BHPians who have got their Gear mounts replaced due to vibration issue?

Regards,
Rahul

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahulk2510 (Post 3129871)
Any fellow BHPians who have got their Gear mounts replaced due to vibration issue?

The change of mounts is associated with the VIN number (serial numbers are available in the same thread).
Once you give the car for service they would replace to the hydraulic type if you car falls in the VIN and is free of charge.

Cheers!

Quoting my own post from another thread.
Can anyone tell me what options we have in Bangalore for our Polo 1.6 for its 30K/2yr service?
I reside in south Bangalore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemanth.anand (Post 3133314)
No updates to this thread after my previous post 1 year earlier!!
Well, it helps me in a way.

After the experience (refer previous post) with VW downtown during the last service, we don't want to go to them again.
So fellow VW BHPians, Please let me know where we can take our Polo 1.6 for service which is due in 2 weeks from now.
I know its a choice of best among the worst, so we are prepared.