Team-BHP - Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/76341-volkswagen-polo-test-drive-review-177.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 2873985)
Congrats on the booking. What is the booking period for this now? Are there any feature upgrade you know of on this?

Cheers!

The waiting period is 3-4 weeks for the Silver color, they said they will be shipping it from the factory, since due to low demand it isn't in running stock.

No feature upgrade known as of now, in typical dealer sales lingo I was told that if at all there were some upgrades, I would be getting those, but the price might change, as on date of delivery.

Spoke to a Bangalore dealer today on the Polo facelift. Point-blank denied any updates was on the cards :-)

Yet Autocar sure same will be unveiled for both Vento and Polo in W3 August with deliveries starting from Sep-W4. Wonder who to believe :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by itwasntme (Post 2874582)
Spoke to a Bangalore dealer today on the Polo facelift. Point-blank denied any updates was on the cards :-)

Yet Autocar sure same will be unveiled for both Vento and Polo in W3 August with deliveries starting from Sep-W4. Wonder who to believe :-)

I have been quoted 10.49 as new price for new vento petrol. old price is 9.88 so there is a price increase for the new features.. Was told that delivery would be in last week of SEP. So autocar info seems to be pretty authentic. Vento petrol is getting steering mounted controls which are presently not there. Only thing I am not sure is whether the vento diesel would also get these updates. I am therefore holding my cards. Hope the other expected enhancements like blackened headlamps new aloy wheels, new bluetooth music system also make it to the vento diesel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by itwasntme (Post 2874582)

Dealers always say this to ensure the old stock clears out before the new one arrives. I'd say wait till September end and then decide, this time it surely looks like a facelift is round the corner :thumbs up

Hi All,

The coolant level in my Polo 1.6 is almost at the min mark. What coolant needs to be used to top up without going to the service center. Thanks.

Apparently the rumors were true.
Polo 1.6 has been discontinued, my booking for the car was rejected by the factory, they told the dealer about the discontinuance.

No comments on whether the 1.2 will be launched with new features, but it is very likely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by envy (Post 2878492)
Apparently the rumors were true.
Polo 1.6 has been discontinued, my booking for the car was rejected by the factory, they told the dealer about the discontinuance.

No comments on whether the 1.2 will be launched with new features, but it is very likely.

Sad to hear that 1.6 will be discontinued - was a really peppy engine. Hope they relaunch the 1.2 powerplant with 4 cylinders. Cosmetic changes aren't going to help VW much!

Today I was cleaning the interiors of My VW Polo TDI and I just checked the engine oil of the car.. I found that the oil in the engine is almost OVER.. Hardly any oil left in the engine.. Car has covered 12000kms and I am facing this.. I called the service station and they replied that please don't drive the car.. If the Camshaft breaks then the company won't be able to help you..
So I am getting the car Towed to the service station tomorrow morning..

The 1st service of the vehicle in done after 15000kms / 1 year.. Before the 1st service only I am getting problems.. What kind of German Engineering is this??
What if I didn't notice the problem??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jassy1313 (Post 2883275)
Today I was cleaning the interiors of My VW Polo TDI and I just checked the engine oil of the car.. I found that the oil in the engine is almost OVER.. Hardly any oil left in the engine.. Car has covered 12000kms and I am facing this.. I called the service station and they replied that please don't drive the car.. If the Camshaft breaks then the company won't be able to help you..
So I am getting the car Towed to the service station tomorrow morning..

The 1st service of the vehicle in done after 15000kms / 1 year.. Before the 1st service only I am getting problems.. What kind of German Engineering is this??
What if I didn't notice the problem??

VW diesels are known to sip more oil for the first few thousand kms, hence its an unwritten rule that you get oil levels checked and topped up every 7000kms.

All TDi owners on the forum do so, do keep in mind to check oil levels from now on

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pain (Post 2875610)
Hi All,

The coolant level in my Polo 1.6 is almost at the min mark. What coolant needs to be used to top up without going to the service center. Thanks.

You can buy distilled water at a petrol pump and top it up

Guys,
My friend has purchased a shining Red Polo TDI elegance. It has done 500 kms in 2 months now.
Yesterday evening, the car suddenly stopped & didnt move an inch. We had to call the VW helpline number thru which the guys immediately came to toe-away the car.
On inspection, the VW workshop informed us that the Clutch system is burnt completely and will have to be replaced for 29,000 INR. :Shockked:

It has blown my mind completely. For a car that has run just 500 kms, is it even possible to get damaged so badly? Can it be a case of manufacturing defect or something.
Please let me know if anyone of you knows in detail

Would anyone happen to know the max front axle load in a Polo 1.6?

I need to order some lowering springs and can't find this data. Acc to the manual, it is supposed to be mentioned on a body tag near the front door however mine only has a blank plate.

I agree with the fact that diesel engines sip oil and also I do check the oil level on regular intervals But I was busy with few things from past 2 months and also drove a lot so missed out on checking the oil level but yesterday while cleaning the interiors I luckily checked and found there's hardly any oil and even the coolant was less.

At the time of purchasing the car I asked the sales guys and also the senior manager about this thing but all of them replied that there's no need for any check-up till 15000 kms / 1 year. The engine is made such a way.

But today when I towed the vehicle to the service station and spoke directly to the head-service Manager he replied there should be a small check-up after 7000 kms and the sales guys are not informing that to the customers at the time of sales as they feel it might affect the sales.

After a long discussion with the Head-service manager he himself feels that VW should call the cars after 7000 kms / 6months for a normal check-up.

The oil was not below the danger point but still less and it was good that I towed the vehicle according to them. Now I am getting the car engine checked completely with the monsoon check-up and will be getting the engine health report from VW.

I did like the Assistance service. The Towing guys were there before the given time. :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by neosthrash (Post 2883869)
Guys,
My friend has purchased a shining Red Polo TDI elegance. It has done 500 kms in 2 months now.

You mean the highline ?

Quote:

Yesterday evening, the car suddenly stopped & didnt move an inch. We had to call the VW helpline number thru which the guys immediately came to toe-away the car.
On inspection, the VW workshop informed us that the Clutch system is burnt completely and will have to be replaced for 29,000 INR. :Shockked:

Did you notice any other symptoms ? Like disproportionate increase in RPM when compared to your speed, burnt smell, other noises etc.

Quote:

It has blown my mind completely. For a car that has run just 500 kms, is it even possible to get damaged so badly? Can it be a case of manufacturing defect or something.
Please let me know if anyone of you knows in detail

Start a new thread and post pics of the burnt clutch. Also push for a replacement under warranty! I somehow suspect if its the clutch at fault here though. Go to the A.S.S and ask them to show the burnt clutch.

Guys,

Just seen a VW Polo 1.6, run 8000 kms, 2011. Asking 5.65L. Is that a good deal? I found it pricey.