Team-BHP - Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/76341-volkswagen-polo-test-drive-review-166.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruzerman (Post 2711989)
Also, is there a gear shift indicator on MFD on 1.2 petrol highline? Please help..

This feature of gear / change indication is not available in any variants of the Polo.

Cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 2712161)
This feature of gear / change indication is not available in any variants of the Polo.

Cheers!

:Shockked: You mean petrol variants? I thought diesel highline had the gear shift indicator. Correct me if I'm wrong, diesel Polo owners, please..

Quote:

Originally Posted by dineshravindran (Post 2703598)
There is a small doubt that I have though; once I turn on the ignition – a couple of warning lights seem to be on all the time – when I checked in the manual;
· Fault in Alternator.
· Fault in Catalytic convertor.
However, when I turn on the engine – these two lights disappear.
Is there any problem with that?

You need not worry about these warning lights. These are ON in ignition mode, after the engine is cranked and becomes alive, these should turn OFF. If they still are ON, then you have a concern.
Good luck and happy miles ahead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruzerman (Post 2712256)
:Shockked: You mean petrol variants? I thought diesel highline had the gear shift indicator. Correct me if I'm wrong, diesel Polo owners, please..

I have the gear shift indicator in trend line diesel as well. TL diesel of mine has Gear Shift & gear indicator & DTE, where as in my brother's POLO petrol TL, instead of Gear Shift & gear indicator & DTE, it only has outside temp display.
One question for POLO owners: is it possible to get "Live Mileage" display in trendline Diesel? Has anyone done it? Thanks in advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 2712161)

Cheers!

Gear / Change Indication is there in the Highline Varaint of Polo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rareone (Post 2712876)
Gear / Change Indication is there in the Highline Varaint of Polo.

VW dealers have not acknowledged the presence of this feature. Any Polo 1.6 (2011) owners could confirm if this feature is there or not?

Cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 2713057)
VW dealers have not acknowledged the presence of this feature. Any Polo 1.6 (2011) owners could confirm if this feature is there or not?

Cheers!

This feature is not there in Polo 1.6, its there in the Diesel HL versions

Quote:

Originally Posted by brags (Post 2713213)
This feature is not there in Polo 1.6, its there in the Diesel HL versions

Thank you, nawalsingal, rareone, volkman10, brags. So, from your posts, I understand all diesel variants have gear shift indicators on MFD and none of the petrol variants (including 1.6) have this feature present.

One more question to you guys. Is it possible to activate the remote opening & closing of windows on 2011 Petrol HL model? The VW Kochi dealer turned down my request to activate this feature.:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruzerman (Post 2714305)
One more question to you guys. Is it possible to activate the remote opening & closing of windows on 2011 Petrol HL model? The VW Kochi dealer turned down my request to activate this feature.:Frustrati

I read about this activation of features on (maybe this or another thread ) and have to ask :
if it's merely an electronic transaction to enable or disable certain features already programmed into the car's ECU/computers , why aren't they enabled from the factory itself ? It doesn't make sense to have the customer find out what is available , then go back to dealer to enable it. Which brings me to the question - how did the first person find out about this ? Is it mentioned in the owner's manual ?

Nope. Unless the power windows have one touch up/down feature this isn't possible. Don't know about the latest polo's, but the 2011 models didn't have this.

Ricci - This is called convenience operation of power windows and its detailed in your ownership manual.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruzerman

Polo - IPL edition in the offing!

"Following the successful introduction of the Vento IPL Edition last year, the fifth season of the tournament, beginning next month, will see the launch of select variants of both the Polo and the Vento, Volkswagen said in a release. "

Volkswagen to launch IPL edition of Polo, Vento - The Economic Times

Polo & Vento IPL Edition II

Also on TOI & Hindu in Hyderabad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruzerman (Post 2714305)

Remote opening and closing feature is already there in Polo HL. When you unlock the car hold the button pressed and all windows will roll down. (Very useful in Hot summer as you can roll down the windows as you approach the car) Similarly, when you lock the car keep button pressed for a while and all windows will roll up and close.

This feature is there in my July 2010 Polo. I do not know if they have removed it now but quite unlikely as usually they add features and not remove it. e.g. new Polo HL has electrically operated ORVMS which our model does not have. May be soon they will also add Climate control.

They should add a feature - if the car is locked using remote all windows should roll up automatically.

That's exactly the problem, since they added the electrically operated ORVM's, they removed the one touch up/down function of the power windows. Now, driver doesnt even have controls for the rear power windows in the front arm-rest!

This feature was there is early 2010 polo's but removed in the 2011 variants along with the anti-pinch protection feature of the power windows as well. I guess they have re-introduced all these in the 2012 variants. VW is one manufacturer who is known for deletion of features without any notice, they did a similar thing with the vento too (removed leather wrapped steering, chrome inserts etc).

Quote:

Originally Posted by CANPUSH (Post 2715341)

This feature is there in my July 2010 Polo. I do not know if they have removed it now but quite unlikely as usually they add features and not remove it. e.g. new Polo HL has electrically operated ORVMS which our model does not have. May be soon they will also add Climate control.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bala80 (Post 2715549)
That's exactly the problem, since they added the electrically operated ORVM's, they removed the one touch up/down function of the power windows. Now, driver doesnt even have controls for the rear power windows in the front arm-rest!

This feature was there is early 2010 polo's but removed in the 2011 variants along with the anti-pinch protection feature of the power windows as well. I guess they have re-introduced all these in the 2012 variants. VW is one manufacturer who is known for deletion of features without any notice, they did a similar thing with the vento too (removed leather wrapped steering, chrome inserts etc).

You are right, bala80. They have removed the one touch up/down feature and introduced electrical ORVMs. I guess the worst part is not having the rear power window controls at the driver side. That's really a pain in the neck!
The user manual has info about one touch up/down power windows and remote opening/closing of windows. But these things don't work on my Polo:Frustrati.