Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2012, 19:53   #2431
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
S.A says red sticker with number is alloted from company on all cars, Is it true ?
Never saw cars with the said sticker on cars in the stock yard.
Could be specific to the mode of delivery from the company.

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2012, 20:37   #2432
Senior - BHPian

That's total crap. The only number on the car during dispatch is the VIN (you can find it in the bottom of front windshield on the passenger side) Check the VIN and you will get to know the real story.

Quote:
S.A says red sticker with number is alloted from company on all cars, Is it true ?
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2012, 00:07   #2433
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Never saw cars with the said sticker on cars in the stock yard.
Could be specific to the mode of delivery from the company.

Cheers!
Myself too never seen that, moreover whats the point of removing plastic covers from seats on a new car, deal breaker, your 1.6 is manufactured in which month ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
That's total crap. The only number on the car during dispatch is the VIN (you can find it in the bottom of front windshield on the passenger side) Check the VIN and you will get to know the real story.
4th digit of vin is E mate, which denotes to may if i'm correct ? btw your 1.6 is made in which month ?
Old 19th February 2012, 12:29   #2434
BHPian

Too late to ask this question, but still, any idea what those two red marks on the speedo at 30 and 50 indicate ?
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-spee.jpg  

Old 19th February 2012, 14:11   #2435
Senior - BHPian

I think its permissable speeds in each gear

VWVortex.com - Red Mark on Speedometer at 50km/hr?
http://www.midsouthvw.com/SpeedoEvol.html
bottle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2012, 21:12   #2436
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
btw your 1.6 is made in which month ?

Production month May 2011.

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2012, 23:08   #2437
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Production month May 2011.

Cheers!
Seems like after may/june they stopped production of 1.6, thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 16:50   #2438
BHPian

Hi,

Need some help with a decision on the Polo 1.6 Petrol. A dealer is offering close to 87000/- off (including approx. 10000/- corp discount) on a 2011 model and is also throwing in the 2 year extended warranty for free. The salesman says that the model is from August 2011 but has not provided me with the VIN number (Will definately check this before moving forward in any case) and that the car is at their Pune plant atm..

Is this a good deal or should I be worried about any issues related to a 2011 car.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Old 25th February 2012, 00:11   #2439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pain View Post
Hi,

Is this a good deal or should I be worried about any issues related to a 2011 car.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
When i inquired in Jan '12, the dealer offered a total of 80-90k off on the OTR price of the 1.6 highline here in bangalore. So the deal you've got looks to be on similar lines. You can bargain more based on how old the car is.

For checking the exact date of manufacture along with the VIN, ask for form 22.
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2012, 00:32   #2440
BHPian

Thanks Shashank, Will check on the vin and form 22 as well.

Is there anything i need to be concerned about or check regarding a car that has been manufactured approx 6 months or so ago?
Old 25th February 2012, 13:12   #2441
Senior - BHPian

^Just look under bonnet and hard to reach spots, edges, under the hood, under seats, maybe even under rubber beading, boot area for signs of rust or unwanted wear and tear.

If anyone is interested I sent an email to these guys - sales@n1engineering.com and they have a Pipercross induction kit with pipe for 7.5k for the Polo 1.6, I was just curious after this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...highlight=polo
bottle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2012, 15:42   #2442
Senior - BHPian

Actually the VIN number should give you the manufacturing month. It will be there on the bottom of the windsheild towards the front passenger side. Once you get it, you can post it in VIN decoding thread on the forum to get the complete details.

Form 22 will come into picture only when your vehicle is being sent for registration.

I feel you can still push a little more and get around a lakh off OTR. Does the deal include insurance, if not you can opt to do it outside and save a significant amount there. And do visibly inspect the car inside out as bottle has advised above.

Quote:
Thanks Shashank, Will check on the vin and form 22 as well.

Is there anything i need to be concerned about or check regarding a car that has been manufactured approx 6 months or so ago?
Old 25th February 2012, 16:11   #2443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Actually the VIN number should give you the manufacturing month. It will be there on the bottom of the windsheild towards the front passenger side. Once you get it, you can post it in VIN decoding thread on the forum to get the complete details.

Form 22 will come into picture only when your vehicle is being sent for registration.

I feel you can still push a little more and get around a lakh off OTR. Does the deal include insurance, if not you can opt to do it outside and save a significant amount there. And do visibly inspect the car inside out as bottle has advised above.
Thanks Bala and Bottle,

It does include insurance. Basically I am ending up paying around 8K less than the ex-showroom price for the car and getting the 2yrs extended warranty which apparently not otherwise available on the 1.6 petrol.

Have already pushed for minor freebies like mats, mud flaps etc. Will try to bargain for more as you suggested though as well.
Old 25th February 2012, 19:14   #2444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Bala and Bottle,

It does include insurance. Basically I am ending up paying around 8K less than the ex-showroom price for the car and getting the 2yrs extended warranty which apparently not otherwise available on the 1.6 petrol.

Have already pushed for minor freebies like mats, mud flaps etc. Will try to bargain for more as you suggested though as well.
Also, another thing you can do is to ask him to give you the discount on the ex-showroom price and not on the OTR. With the reduced ex-showroom price, you end up saving on road tax too.

This was suggested by the team-lead after negotiations, the SA had no idea about this.
Old 25th February 2012, 19:23   #2445
Senior - BHPian

Agreed, but dealer level discounts are always at the OTR price. They obviously cannot discount on the ex-showroom price since its the price figure registered with the RTO's and hence cannot be changed.

I havent come across any case where discounts were issued on ex-showroom price, have you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Also, another thing you can do is to ask him to give you the discount on the ex-showroom price and not on the OTR. With the reduced ex-showroom price, you end up saving on road tax too.

This was suggested by the team-lead after negotiations, the SA had no idea about this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks