Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2011, 13:51   #2311
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Hey guys is there any attachment available for USB/AUX in OEM MP3 player of Polo Comfortline Diesel?
Old 14th November 2011, 13:53   #2312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abster View Post
Not sure if issues with extended warranty can be posted here.Had read previously that the extended warranty had to be purchased before the car completes a year.I was of the view that the year begins from the date of delivery on the reg book,which is 16 nov 2011.I called up the dealer and they tell me it is the date from which the car leaves the plant in Germany,which i find a little hard to fathom.Anyone here who has got extended warranty and can lend some light on this matter?btw i have a petrol comfortline 1.2
I did get the extended warranty done for my car. Yes it is true that the extended warranty has to be taken before car completes 1 year and for reference this 1 year means date of delivery of car from the showroom. No way it can be the date when car leaves Germany, it is ridiculous

How can warranty of a car start even before it is handed over to the owner your dealer is taking you for a ride, now you need to make some noise and ask him to give reply in written.
Old 14th November 2011, 14:05   #2313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky_1605 View Post
Hey guys is there any attachment available for USB/AUX in OEM MP3 player of Polo Comfortline Diesel?
Is it the same as in Highline?? I have a Highline and looked for various possibilities to have a USB/AUX input to OEM player but sadly it is not possible.
Old 14th November 2011, 14:16   #2314

Quote:
Originally Posted by formel_eins View Post
I did get the extended warranty done for my car. Yes it is true that the extended warranty has to be taken before car completes 1 year and for reference this 1 year means date of delivery of car from the showroom. No way it can be the date when car leaves Germany, it is ridiculous

How can warranty of a car start even before it is handed over to the owner your dealer is taking you for a ride, now you need to make some noise and ask him to give reply in written.

Thanks! I did exactly that 2 days back and asked for a written declination of warranty because of the reason they mentioned and said i am going to take up the case with Volkswagen.They then asked me to give them a day to sort out the issue and on saturday i get a call back from their customer care that they have reviewed my complaint and volkswagen has decided to bestow upon me 'extended warranty'.Yeah right,i was entitled to it anyways!

If not for team-bhp i would have just layed low and not taken any action at all,not having an iota of doubt that the dealer would be taking me for a ride.

Not the tough part is actually obtaining a warranty claim from volkswagen if something does go wrong
Old 14th November 2011, 14:27   #2315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abster View Post
Not sure if issues with extended warranty can be posted here.Had read previously that the extended warranty had to be purchased before the car completes a year.I was of the view that the year begins from the date of delivery on the reg book,which is 16 nov 2011.I called up the dealer and they tell me it is the date from which the car leaves the plant in Germany,which i find a little hard to fathom.Anyone here who has got extended warranty and can lend some light on this matter?btw i have a petrol comfortline 1.2

What does he mean, leave the plant in Germany? The polo is made locally!
P.S: What he says is rubbish. Warranty starts from the day you have taken delivery.
Old 14th November 2011, 17:00   #2316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by formel_eins View Post
Is it the same as in Highline?? I have a Highline and looked for various possibilities to have a USB/AUX input to OEM player but sadly it is not possible.
I don't know if its the same as highline but i asked the sales guy and he said they can get a small hardware fitted with which you can access USB and AUX both. Its costs is Rs. 400
Old 14th November 2011, 18:11   #2317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky_1605 View Post
I don't know if its the same as highline but i asked the sales guy and he said they can get a small hardware fitted with which you can access USB and AUX both. Its costs is Rs. 400
wow thats great to hear so when are you planning to have it fitted? can you ask him if it is a VW accessory or will he do some local jugad? also would it work for OEM player of highline? your response would be highly appreciated and celebrated by fellow Polo owners
Old 18th November 2011, 15:49   #2318
BHPian

As far as I know, It's a small FM transmitter, having USB & Aux in, converting music in to FM signals, which you can tune with your head unit. It's plugged in to your accessories socket, so no wiring/ technicalities involved. Just set freq on output unit & match that with head unit in FM mode & you are ready to go with your USB/Aux devices. Bought one for my nephew's DZire for Rs. 175/-, came with Remote as well.
Old 18th November 2011, 16:29   #2319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawalsingal View Post
As far as I know, It's a small FM transmitter, having USB & Aux in, converting music in to FM signals, which you can tune with your head unit. It's plugged in to your accessories socket, so no wiring/ technicalities involved. Just set freq on output unit & match that with head unit in FM mode & you are ready to go with your USB/Aux devices. Bought one for my nephew's DZire for Rs. 175/-, came with Remote as well.
I bought this attachment for my iPod Nano. It works wirelessly & wonderfully well with our VW Polo RCD 030 Audio System. No batteries or cables required.
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-dsc01.jpg

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-dsc03.jpg
Old 18th November 2011, 16:46   #2320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
I bought this attachment for my iPod Nano. It works wirelessly & wonderfully well with our VW Polo RCD 030 Audio System. No batteries or cables required.
Attachment 844017

Attachment 844018
This is excellent one for IPOD/ Iphones. Does this work on IPOD battery & what about charging the ipod? is it through Car Charger? Also, this won't work with other USB/ Aux devices or pen drives etc. The one I mentioned works with other devices.
Old 18th November 2011, 20:16   #2321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawalsingal View Post
This is excellent one for IPOD/ Iphones. Does this work on IPOD battery & what about charging the ipod? is it through Car Charger? Also, this won't work with other USB/ Aux devices or pen drives etc. The one I mentioned works with other devices.
Hi nawalsingal
Yes this device is specifically for iPods & iPhones. It derives its power from the iPod itself. You can charge the iPod thru the via-connector underneath this device using a charging cable. The other one I bought with Aux/Usb/SD Card ports, conked out in a few weeks due to quality issues. Its performance was below par too. It used to sit in the cigarette lighter socket and had a small lcd display.
Omega Man is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2011, 21:47   #2322
BHPian

VW seems to have replaced the free seasonal checkup camp with discount offers.
No mention of filters/oil checkup or other mechanical checkups used to be mentioned in their prior letters.

Whats wrong ! previous letters made sense as there was an option to get the car check-up done (at least the basic things) prior to 01yr/15K KM. Is this due to tight automobile market at present or VW opted for the common marketing ploy ?

Refer below extract from the letter, doesn't make much sense IMO, as for these tasks there are many better and reputed options availabe in market today.

The VW Rejuvination Camp will ensure that your car is revitalised with an enhanced treatment for enriched interiors and refined surface. Besides, the AC will be treated with disinfectants to preserve the superior feel. What`s more, we are offering you these services at special rates ...

Offer 1
Surface Refinement 3100
Upholstery enrichment free
AC Disinfectant free
Total > 3100/-

Offer 2
Enhanced interior treatment 1944
AC disinfectant free
Total > 1944

*price exclusive of taxes

Quote:
Attachment 844017

Attachment 844018
Quote:
Hi nawalsingal
Yes this device is specifically for iPods & iPhones. It derives its power from the iPod itself. You can charge the iPod thru the via-connector underneath this device using a charging cable...
Hey Omega Man, you seem to have bought so many small yet useful accessories for Polo. Thanks for sharing
Just checking ... did you try to get the Euro/Asia (other than India) spec POLO headlight, any info ?

Last edited by AvonA7 : 19th November 2011 at 22:10. Reason: edit ...
Old 20th November 2011, 12:35   #2323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post

As for the headlight problem being mentioned, has anyone tried Philips xtreme powers? I'm sorry if someone has already posted about it in earlier pages, I haven't been through. Does the XP improve lighting by any significant amount? I personally don't like the Osram night breakers much as they tend to demonstrate a lower lifespan.

Agree with CANPUSH. 95/100 isn't exactly a solution... :(
Its going to be 2 years now with the osram night breaker, touch wood and thank God. no lifespan issues so far. The light is just above normal in dip mode but bluish and very powerful on high beam, even with the lower watt OEM spec. How much life should I expect? Gernerally with halogens, they last like forever or lifespan of car ownership.

I did not know that philips also had a low OEM wattage bulb.
Old 20th November 2011, 21:54   #2324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
VW seems to have replaced the free seasonal checkup camp with discount offers.
No mention of filters/oil checkup or other mechanical checkups used to be mentioned in their prior letters.

Whats wrong ! previous letters made sense as there was an option to get the car check-up done (at least the basic things) prior to 01yr/15K KM. Is this due to tight automobile market at present or VW opted for the common marketing ploy ?

Hey Omega Man, you seem to have bought so many small yet useful accessories for Polo. Thanks for sharing
Just checking ... did you try to get the Euro/Asia (other than India) spec POLO headlight, any info ?
Hi AvonA7, how r u n ur Polo?

I recieved that letter too and believe me its a load of rubbish. Detailing is the last thing that VW needs to look into and the customer to worry about and that too at this price.

I got some features activated thru VAS and the car seems more safe & secure now. Also, got a general checkup done and was charged a nominal fee of Rs.350+taxes.

Thanks AvonA7, I think I will compile a list with pix and start a thread here. Some of them are extremely useful. I bought a load of detailing products and a caddy to store them.

Regarding the Euro head lamps, I was in Singapore this month on a 3-day visit but sadly could not spare any time to look for VW accessories.

Will be in Pune on leave next month for at least a week, hope to meet you then. Cheers

Last edited by Omega Man : 20th November 2011 at 21:57.
Old 20th November 2011, 22:34   #2325
BHPian

Quote:

1. I recieved that letter too and believe me its a load of rubbish. Detailing is the last thing that VW needs to look into and the customer to worry about and that too at this price.

2. I got some features activated thru VAS and the car seems more safe & secure now. Also, got a general checkup done and was charged a nominal fee of Rs.350+taxes.

3. I think I will compile a list with pix and start a thread here. Some of them are extremely useful. I bought a load of detailing products and a caddy to store them.

4. Regarding the Euro head lamps, I was in Singapore this month on a 3-day visit but sadly could not spare any time to look for VW accessories.

5. Will be in Pune on leave next month for at least a week, hope to meet you then. Cheers
1. +1

2. Me too got some features activated through this thing called VAS. I repent now for activating one of the features though - the beep sound when locking and locking the car (once or twice depending on whether car is locked or unlocked), I feel irritated everytime I hear that beep sound.

Can you please share the check-up details.

3. That`ll be good and helpful for us Polo owners

4. Oops, me too, returned couple of days back. Visited the VW showroom at Alexandra road(?) (where they have other car showrooms too - VW, Volvo, BMW, Honda, Ford...). Looking at Scirocco I forgot checking for Polo accessories This car look so HOT with those big alloy wheels. But disappointed to learn that even the Polo 1.2 comes with TSI engine, where as for us Indians its the very basic and Old spec Polo I guess !

5. Let me know, will be glad to meet you

Last edited by mobike008 : 21st November 2011 at 12:45. Reason: Removed extra smiley

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks