Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2011, 12:07   #2251
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw19d View Post
Free accessories for 15K from VW? Wow! I couldn't get anything more than the 10K corporate discount on my 1.2 TDI a few months back.

My recommendation would be, if possible, get the 15K as cash back rather than going for accessories. I feel that they'l be over priced!
Nope, wish they would as cash, but there is no such offer. But with the current offers I get the Insurance also free in addition to the INR 15K worth of accessories. I too got the 10K corporate discount.

Cheers!
Old 29th August 2011, 12:10   #2252
BHPian

^^^ 10K Corp disc. + Free Insurance + 15K worth accessories??? Wats happening with VW? I thought they were doing good even without freebies & discounts. Is it some limited time period offer?
Old 29th August 2011, 12:19   #2253
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw19d View Post
^^^ 10K Corp disc. + Free Insurance + 15K worth accessories??? Wats happening with VW? I thought they were doing good even without freebies & discounts. Is it some limited time period offer?

They say as 'Limited', cud be to counter the JAZZ effect!

Infact for me too though I decided on the Polo earlier, it was now a close call ( price wise) between the Polo and the Jazz.

Cheers!
Old 29th August 2011, 14:49   #2254
BHPian

Yes...I got the same offer for Polo. What I got is...15K exchange bonus, Free Insurance, 15K worth accessories and 8K Corporate Discount. Joke is they dont have any accessories so I got fog lamps fitted from them for 15K. Did not have any choice as you cannot ask for cash discount against accessories.
Old 6th September 2011, 14:50   #2255
BHPian

Urgent: My Polo has encountered a minor accident. Car is with my dad in my native & I'm here in Chennai. Seems this is what happened in a fraction of a second. Dad was driving it and the car encountered a bump. Suddenly, few parts broke and some liquid started leaking (Coolant or oil unclear). He has parked the vehicle in the side of the road and informed me of the same. I called up VW helpline number & asked them to call up my dad to understand the issue in detail. They have did so promptly and the status as of now is the VW service guys from Madurai dealership (being the closest to my hometown) have departed. My Polo will be loaded on to the vehicle that these guys bring & the issue would be diagnosed and attended by VW dealer in Madurai.

Now, how can I trust the proficiency of VW dealer in Madurai? From VW's website, it seems the dealer is Ramani VW but when tried reaching their numbers provided on VW website, they are not in use.

What happens to insurance and all those formalities in this case as I bought the car from Chennai, but the problem is being attended by a different dealer in Madurai?

Any info from anyone who has encountered such a scenario is of immense help.

PS: I'm not able to put the exact mishap in detail as I myself have no idea on what has happened.
Old 6th September 2011, 18:22   #2256
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw19d
Urgent: My Polo has encountered a minor accident. Car is with my dad in my native & I'm here in Chennai. Seems this is what happened in a fraction of a second. Dad was driving it and the car encountered a bump. Suddenly, few parts broke and some liquid started leaking (Coolant or oil unclear). He has parked the vehicle in the side of the road and informed me of the same. I called up VW helpline number & asked them to call up my dad to understand the issue in detail. They have did so promptly and the status as of now is the VW service guys from Madurai dealership (being the closest to my hometown) have departed. My Polo will be loaded on to the vehicle that these guys bring & the issue would be diagnosed and attended by VW dealer in Madurai.

Now, how can I trust the proficiency of VW dealer in Madurai? From VW's website, it seems the dealer is Ramani VW but when tried reaching their numbers provided on VW website, they are not in use.

What happens to insurance and all those formalities in this case as I bought the car from Chennai, but the problem is being attended by a different dealer in Madurai?

Any info from anyone who has encountered such a scenario is of immense help.

PS: I'm not able to put the exact mishap in detail as I myself have no idea on what has happened.
You need to report the situation as early as possible to your insurance agency. Since the car is in Madurai, it is unlikely they will have an objection to it being serviced in Madurai, since otherwise, they will have to pay to bring the car to Chennai. I am sure VW will have standard training programs to equip the dealers to diagnose and handle issues with the car.
84.monsoon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2011, 18:27   #2257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
You need to report the situation as early as possible to your insurance agency. Since the car is in Madurai, it is unlikely they will have an objection to it being serviced in Madurai, since otherwise, they will have to pay to bring the car to Chennai. I am sure VW will have standard training programs to equip the dealers to diagnose and handle issues with the car.
Thanks for the reply mate. Let me talk to the insurance agency and keep them informed of the problem. Hope VW Madurai does a good job of the repair work. Will keep this space updated about how things go! Btw, is this the right thread to post or mods, please move it to the appropriate place.
Old 7th September 2011, 09:43   #2258
BHPian

Update on the mishap: Around 8.30 PM yesterday, the recovery vehicle from Ramani VW, Madurai arrived and the vehicle has been taken. The info is updated to the insurance agent too and they'll inspect the car today! I'll get to know the details of the problems and the costs later.
Old 10th September 2011, 17:58   #2259
BHPian

Polo owners:

I am looking for a new car and currently considering Polo 1.6, Fiesta Classic and Jazz. I have gone through almost all Polo threads. I am quite worried about the issues reported by Polo owners. Can you please give an idea which of the following known issues have been sorted out by VW for sure in the 2011 / latest batches of Polo and which of these issues still exist?

- Driver's seat rocking
- Driver's side power window stops working
- Hand brake issues / Jammed wheels (as I use hand brake when the vehicle is parked)
- Car pulling to one side (was this limited to a specific batch?)

Any more such issues that I missed?

Also, I would like to know if Polo scrapes on highly uneven roads? Basically, I want to compare it to Swift as I have owned Swift and it never used to scrape!
Old 10th September 2011, 19:01   #2260
BHPian

^^I have a Polo 1.6 and none of the above mentioned issues have been faced by me.

Compared to Swift (old), the difference in quality is leaps and bounds ahead. Doesn't generally scrape its underbody but Swift is better in this aspect due to firmer suspension.

Polo 1.6 is one of the easiest and effortless cars I have ever driven, perfectly suited for the cities. Fiesta Classic feels more sporty but Polo more practical and modern.
v.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2011, 21:36   #2261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphique View Post
Polo owners:

I am looking for a new car and currently considering Polo 1.6, Fiesta Classic and Jazz. I have gone through almost all Polo threads. I am quite worried about the issues reported by Polo owners. Can you please give an idea which of the following known issues have been sorted out by VW for sure in the 2011 / latest batches of Polo and which of these issues still exist?

1. Driver's seat rocking
2. Driver's side power window stops working
3. Hand brake issues / Jammed wheels (as I use hand brake when the vehicle is parked)
4. Car pulling to one side (was this limited to a specific batch?)

5. Any more such issues that I missed?

6. Also, I would like to know if Polo scrapes on highly uneven roads?

Basically, I want to compare it to Swift as I have owned Swift and it never used to scrape!
1. No idea, its very rare as per fellow Team-BHPians report

2. It is very much present, but the issue last for a minute or two

3. No recent reported incident in Team-BHP even though it is reported by Polo owners 5-6 months ago. I own a Polo for 1+ yr. and till date yet to face this issue *touch wood*. I believe it can be avoided ( if at all it exist in recent Polos ) by NOT pulling the hand-brake to its maximum when parking.

4. It is curable ! At least in my case the car doesn't pull to the LHS now after couple of visits to the showroom.

5. Hmmm... yes very much and more critical ones Engine head replacement ~10K kms.

6. Absolutely not.

@morphique : Please do not consider this post as to discourage you on buying Polo. These are facts as posted by fellow BHPians and based on my personal experience.

Overall, Polo is a fantastic car and over the past year some of the doubts regarding high maintenance etc has been proved wrong by fellow BHPians reviews. All the best and hope you choose the best car for you out of the 3 you mentioned !

Last edited by AvonA7 : 10th September 2011 at 21:46. Reason: edit
AvonA7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2011, 21:52   #2262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
5. Hmmm... yes very much and more critical ones Engine head replacement ~10K kms.

@morphique : Please do not consider this post as to discourage you on buying Polo. These are facts as posted by fellow BHPians and based on my personal experience.
Good to have your inputs; some reassurance there

Engine head replacement - has it been reported in multiple cases? If so, then is it generic or specific to 1.2P or 1.2D or 1.6P?
Old 11th September 2011, 00:05   #2263
BHPian

Quote:
Good to have your inputs; some reassurance there

Engine head replacement - has it been reported in multiple cases? If so, then is it generic or specific to 1.2P or 1.2D or 1.6P?
The engine head replacement, if I remember correctly was reported by more than one Petrol owners, 1.2.
Old 14th September 2011, 14:28   #2264
BHPian

Guys, is it possible to install touch-sensitive alarm on Polo? Does VW provide any such system as an accessory?

Also, do touch-sensitive alarms help prevent logo theft?
Old 14th September 2011, 20:53   #2265
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, is it possible to install touch-sensitive alarm on Polo? Does VW provide any such system as an accessory?

Also, do touch-sensitive alarms help prevent logo theft?
Hi morphique,
This idea crossed my mind when I saw too many VW's with missing logo's.
Being extremely expensive, they seem to be a favourite with logo thieves.

I installed a Roots Security Alarm on my bike which is touch sensitive. Barring all its other advanced features, even a slight touch activates a loud alarm and has 2 sensitivity settings. Since it works on 12V-14V DC, it can be installed on our Polo too. Costs less than Rs.900/- and is remote controlled. I had planned to fix it in my car but never got around doing it.

Sure they do. No one dare touch my bike now as the alarm alerts people around. A similar alarm on my previous bike not only gave out a loud alarm but the moment it was touched, a female voice would shout "Dont bother me". But I doubt its effectiveness as not all thieves may be educated enough to understand english

Last edited by Omega Man : 14th September 2011 at 20:56.

Most Viewed