Team-BHP - Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/76341-volkswagen-polo-test-drive-review-141.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BHAGWAN (Post 2279708)
Is the Polo Sport 105 HP Diesel 'released' ?

The Polo Cup has the Vento 1.6 TDI Engine - souped - I think.
6 speed manual transmission..

no no you got me wrong, Im hoping for it to be released. And It has not been released and doubt whether VW will release it also.

Hi

Saw this web link while searching for Polo accessories. This is not accessible from VW India website. But Google daddy found it for me. You can see lot of info on the upcoming accessories. Some of them are already on sale. I wish the Syenit 16 inch Alloy wheels be put on sale for India too. They look too hot. Pic below.

Polo Accessories < Value Adds < Welcome to Volkswagen India

To all Polo owners -

As soon as the FUEL indicator is reduced to the last 02 bars on the digital display, the bip sound with the low fuel indicator icon appears on the the digital display screen.

I have filled a max. of 38.9 ltrs of petrol with only 1 bar left.

Is the reserve fuel is included in this display ?

Or the reserve fuel quantity is separate and even if the fuel bars are all vanished from the display, car still have some fuel as reserve (~ 05 ltrs) ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvonA7 (Post 2285596)
To all Polo owners -

As soon as the FUEL indicator is reduced to the last 02 bars on the digital display, the bip sound with the low fuel indicator icon appears on the the digital display screen.

Or the reserve fuel quantity is separate and even if the fuel bars are all vanished from the display, car still have some fuel as reserve (~ 05 ltrs) ?

Do cars have reserve fuel?

Quote:

I don't think it is included. I have driven 10kms even after all the 'bars' vanishing :D
Quote:

Polo's fuel tank is of 45L so you still had room for 6 Ltrs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajushank84 (Post 2285625)
Do cars have reserve fuel?

Don't they? I am told that they have while taking delivery of my car, to be more precise, I was told, 05 ltrs is the reserve capacity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theragingbull (Post 2285626)
I don't think it is included. I have driven 10kms even after all the 'bars' vanishing :D

Oh!, you confused me more :), I never took a chance of waiting till the bar vanishes, but in that case I guess the POLO tank capacity is 40 ltrs.

Most cars do maintain a reserve fuel, after which the warning lights to refuel come on. Generally in the range of 5-7lts is retained as reserve fuel. But unlike in 2-wheelers you dont have to switch to reserve fuel, its automatic.

Also, there is a part of the tank where the fuel metering cant reach. So even when the fuel gauge says empty you may actually have more than 2-3lts left, allowing you to travel 20-25kms on what is shown on the dashboard as empty tanks. Again another safety feature to prevent damage to fuel pump, and few other components which actually are lubricated by the fuel itself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkoneti (Post 2281440)
Hi

Saw this web link while searching for Polo accessories. This is not accessible from VW India website. But Google daddy found it for me. You can see lot of info on the upcoming accessories. Some of them are already on sale. I wish the Syenit 16 inch Alloy wheels be put on sale for India too. They look too hot. Pic below.

Polo Accessories < Value Adds < Welcome to Volkswagen India

Those wheels look awesome. Which link did u get that from. Is it sold as OEM in any of the other markets?

Quote:

Originally Posted by julupani (Post 2285772)
Most cars do maintain a reserve fuel, after which the warning lights to refuel come on. Generally in the range of 5-7lts is retained as reserve fuel. But unlike in 2-wheelers you dont have to switch to reserve fuel, its automatic.

Also, there is a part of the tank where the fuel metering cant reach. So even when the fuel gauge says empty you may actually have more than 2-3lts left, allowing you to travel 20-25kms on what is shown on the dashboard as empty tanks. Again another safety feature to prevent damage to fuel pump, and few other components which actually are lubricated by the fuel itself.

Thanks @julupani for sharing the info. So, I must admit that i should agree to what VW sales people said and also @theragingbull, that Polo tank is 45 ltrs, but its risky to wait till all lights in the digital display vanishes before refueling.

Other Bhpians -

If any of you come across / or is aware of how to source these headlights (post #36) to India, please share the info -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ta-x-8j-3.html

All Beware !
The D & D will say WV !!
i.e. Warranty Void !

I too want to install it, but the Dealer & Distributor will put their hands up !! As usual...
So even if you can 'find' them, will you take that 'risk' ?? Just a small point to ponder over...

BTW - my car should be ready tomorrow - I hope.
The ICE Work i.e.
I will post finished pics of the 'outside' then - without the water mark as the mod has requested.
It does look 'nice' [to me at least] !
Hope you guys like it too.

almost done;
some pics.
ICE & Rims / Tyres etc.

Does any one has left side pulling for their Polo. I had Polo TDI highline and it has major left side pulling. Got this checked twice put it keep on coming back. what's the issue, any clue?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BHAGWAN (Post 2296007)
almost done;
some pics.
ICE & Rims / Tyres etc.

Mr. BHAGWAN

You really rock! You have modified your Polo to the brim and the outcome is just fantastic. I gotto see this Polo in flesh someday.

I think you can start a new thread with the title "Bible of modifications to VW Polo". :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam003 (Post 2296897)
Does any one has left side pulling for their Polo. I had Polo TDI highline and it has major left side pulling. Got this checked twice put it keep on coming back. what's the issue, any clue?

Check this link, could be of help as this seem to be the case with yours too.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ce-review.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay_satpute (Post 2296994)
Mr. BHAGWAN

You really rock! You have modified your Polo to the brim and the outcome is just fantastic. I gotto see this Polo in flesh someday.

I think you can start a new thread with the title "Bible of modifications to VW Polo". :D

Sir,

Thanks for the kind words;
Sure you can see the car, I am in Pune often.
I am in the process of buying a house in Pune - Koregaon Park & do visit every 2 weeks. If you are free, we could meet ? When I visit next i.e.
I will get the VW in place of the Superb when I come...
Do you have any suggestions for a Flat in Pune ? Sorry - OT !
:OT