Team-BHP - Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/76341-volkswagen-polo-test-drive-review-138.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by julupani (Post 2224375)
Actually, his noise problems have started after the 3000km mark. The noise does decrease with continuous running, but its still much worse than it was before the first service. He is not facing any power issues at all, just more noise and vibrations.

Wont the authorised service guys have upgraded the software at the 1st service??

The latest s/w upgrade was as recent as early December 2010. And please have your friend ask the service center to have the injectors replaced and then tested. The VAG scan will NOT point to this directly.

Friends already decided to take it in for a check up at the service center (even though he hates them). Will inform him about the injector issue.

VW seems to me has rushed its production ramp up a bit due to heavy demand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driver2000 (Post 2041846)
I was at VW downtown yesterday, getting my Polo (black, highline) number plates fitted (ownership thread coming soon). While I was there, I saw a brand new Polo, coming in on a tow truck - and it was completely lost in the accident. Apparently, it is one of the first 1.6 deliveries that happened in Bangalore (not the very first) - and it got totalled within two days. The owner was trying to avoid a dog, and hit a tree. Apparently, the owner's deposit is still with the company - and he has asked the dealership to book another car, he is so happy with the performance!

So, the 1.6 Polo certainly drives well (zippy), has great safety features, and inspires confidence. Anything else, lets see!

I happen to know the owner of the above mentioned car. He suffered only a bruised finger despite his car being totalled. Like you said he had booked another 1.6 Polo & is very happy with the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by parsh (Post 2222250)
But, my question is where is the thought to the basic concept of Spare Wheel?

If you are a 100kms away from your destination when the tyre goes flat without anny support for repairy inbetween (and this is an actual situation I have seen on GoA-PUNE route with an Innova), is your car supposed to limp to your destination with a difference of 2" in diameter? It is definitely not a 3 wheel car.

It is indeed quite laughable reasoning from VW dealerships and they are themselves dumstruck when questioned further deeply.

More laughable, when you hear the Sales Executive telling a prospective customer and that any violation/ or addition to the provided specs of the car would lead to warranty void.

Why 100kms? If I am driving at middle of night in a highway and encounter a tire puncture, I might have to run 500 kms+ with a different tire specification and this doesn't lead to warranty void! but if as a Customer we change the tire specs it would lead to warranty expiration and so on.

Somebody should get hold of this VW Polo warranty author and ask him to clarify his logic ! IMO, this is purely a cost saving move, nothing else.

Quote:

Originally Posted by julupani (Post 2223373)
A query for Polo TDI owners, as on request by a friend. Does the TDI tend to get more noisy after a few months??

I had always put down his concerns about excess noise to it being a 3cylinder engine rather than a 4cylinder. Also started noticing other Polo TDIs for engine noise when I could, all of them do sound pretty noisy, but some more than others. A few of them sound really harsh, almost as bad as some old Indica TDIs, especially when accelerating a bit quickly.

Is this something normal, or is there something wrong with the car??

Quote:

Originally Posted by julupani (Post 2223604)
The 3cylinder engine generally vibrates more than a 4cylinder which in turn is worse off than a 6cylinder, because lesser balancing can be achieved. Thus a bit more noise is generally found.
His engine is definitely noisier than any Figo, and way noisier than any MJD powered car from FIAT, Maruti or Tata.

Not sure about other cars or VW Polo diesel, but can comment about Polo petrol - whatever this sound/noise about 3-4 cylinder - I find my car (Polo Petrol) to be extremely silent and in some cases quite deceptive to know whether the car engine is ON or Off, especially when moving out after getting stuck for sometime, in traffic signals.

I read somewhere that the 2011 models will come with electric orvm's, can someone please confirm this? Have VW started rolling them out? Also, is there any price difference (apart from the general 2011 hike) ?
Thanks

^^ OK, there is some contradicting info on VW's website, in the overview of the highline model, it clearly states "electric ORVM's", but in the spec list it says only internally adjustable!?

Its there on one of the Polo ownership threads. The 2011 Polo highlines come with electric mirror adjust and the driver controls for the rear windows have been removed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rejoycjohn (Post 2222348)
Speedometer reading with new tire is 0.40% too slow.
When your speedometer is reading 60mph you are actually traveling 60.24mph.

I have some doubts regarding the spare tyre. What you have mentioned is correct if all of the tyres are replaced by 14". But however small the effect may be, riding a vehicle with one tyre with different diameter may not be safe especially at higher speed. Both tyres are forced to rotate with same rpm while running. So while the bigger tyre complete one rotation the smaller one will be covering lesser distance(pi* Diameter) and it will get dragged. It may be very negligible but still not advisible. I think what VW expect is that the customer drive the vehicle with very low speed and take the vehicle to the near by tyre shop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiat_tarun (Post 2237807)
Its there on one of the Polo ownership threads. The 2011 Polo highlines come with electric mirror adjust and the driver controls for the rear windows have been removed.

Got my red hot 1.6 delivery on 28th Jan, lucky to have EORVM.

thanks for clearing my doubts, but I have a few more questions -
This ques has been answered in different threads but I couldnt find what I was looking for.
Firstly, what is the average service cost for polo petrol just to get an Idea?
secondly, what exactly is a.m.c or the annual maintenance contract? I know its something to do with routine checks and services?! but I dont understand it fully?
And has anyone been able to get some basic accessories like mud flaps and mats for free off VW?
Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 1755116)
The three-cylinder 1.2L (1198 cc) petrol makes the entry level variant, not only in India, but worldwide.

Apparently there's a lower power 2V version of this engine thats the entry level in some European market.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manubhai (Post 2237897)

Thats quite a clever position for eORVM control, must be quite handy instead of below the steering level in the front dash in many cars.

I wonder about eorvm, and doubt that I would use it much. Perhaps that is because I have little experience of driving a car fitted with it?

I'd love to have the gadget that points the orvm down at the pavement when reversing, bit simply adjusting? That is not something I need to do very often.

Perhaps it also relevant that I am the only driver of our car, so once stuff like seat and mirror position is set up, it never needs to be changed.

Hello !

I got a VW Polo 1.6 White on the 2nd of February, 2011.

It is a good car with the 'worst' suspension ever.
It keeps on 'bottoming'
What can I do ?
Is there any after market suspension I can order ?
There is a lot of body roll & the car just does not 'stop' in time !

Suggestions & help shall be appreciated..

Regards,

Quote:

Originally Posted by manubhai (Post 2237897)

This is what I have in my Polo too.
Cannot open & close the rear window - I wonder why ?
My mirrors do not close 'auto' & when I put it in reverse, the mirrors do not point down...
My car came a few days back - 2nd February, 2011.