Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2010, 06:49   #2026
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Could Polo owners please throw some light one the following:
Is extended warranty now available on the Polo?
And what does it cost to install fog lamps on the Trendline or Comfortline?
Old 20th December 2010, 07:45   #2027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
Could Polo owners please throw some light one the following:
Is extended warranty now available on the Polo?
And what does it cost to install fog lamps on the Trendline or Comfortline?
Extended warranty was available about 2 months back. I do not know whether it is available now as VW keep changing their policy as they have done to the AMC. Installing fog lamps on the Trendline would cost you anything between 19-20 K.
Old 11th January 2011, 11:50   #2028
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I need some help here. My cousin bought Polo 1.2HL in Sept2010 and ever since he is been chased by VW ppl for feedback. Which he has already given. Some times the local dealer calls, then the Regional office calls, then the VW company ppl call.

In month of Oct he had taken the car to the showroom to get the demo done as when the car was delivered he was away. At that time he gave in the car to the service center for some paint touch up which was caused by a biker. When the car was returned to him after 2 days it was unwashed and in the feedback he mentioned that.

Now in response to that, he got a call from Surat VW dealer last week (JAN 2011) that they received a call from HO and have asked to collect the car and wash it ??? Isnt that dumb, to respond now to a unwashed car complaint which was reported in Oct 2010.

Today morning VW crossed limits. 9 am today morning an executive reached home stating, he has come from VW A'bad and wants feedback on cars performance. He was so pushy that my cousin lost is cool and asked him to leave right away.

Now what we need to know here is, Is there a way to stop this feedback non sense? Can we report this to VW? Is there a helpline number or something?

Feedbacks are good, but not when they cross the line.
Old 11th January 2011, 16:14   #2029
Distinguished - BHPian

If they put this kind of effort into pre-sales attention, manufacturing and delivery, they would shoot to the top of our preferred manufacturer list!

It's nice, too, not to be ignored once the sale is complete, but this is absurd!
Old 12th January 2011, 20:08   #2030
Senior - BHPian

My friend who owns a Polo 1.2 Trendline had some unfortunate incidences due to which he had to go for denting and painting work for his Polo.

The car was with VW for more than 10 days with absolutely one-way communication throughout, from my friend' side to VW. VW guys never bothered to call him to update with status of his car nor they ever told him any cost estimates.

They had to replace the front bumper and one of the wheel caps and the labour cost. So the final bill came out to be 26K. More shocking was the labour cost in the bill was 50% of the total bill amount.

The cost of the wheel cap was a whopping 1500+.

Recently, some stupid begger stole the VW logo on the front grill. So my friend inquired about the cost of the logo and it costs 1750 Rs.

Honda's logo on the ANHC costs just 450 Rs.

VW has given 2 amazing cars, Polo and Vento to India, but ownership cost seems to be atrociously expensive.

When I drove my friend's Polo for the first time, I fell in love with the car instantly. The pick-up, engine response, steering response, braking, interiors all are just SUPERB. Infact I dont think we had seen such great interiors before in this segment (except i20 may be).

But extremely high ownership cost and poor before and after sales service is taking away all the advantages of owning a VW badge. I hope things improve.

May be current Polo owners can throw some light on this, if they had faced any similar issues.
Old 13th January 2011, 12:47   #2031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
They had to replace the front bumper and one of the wheel caps and the labour cost. So the final bill came out to be 26K. More shocking was the labour cost in the bill was 50% of the total bill amount.
Are you sure labour cost was 13k.?
Might be it includes bumper painting charges also. Usually Bumper painting charge is double of the new bumper cost.
Quote:
Figo's set of 4 wheel caps cost the same!!!
but again Polo's wheel cap is not similar. It's a screw-on type wheras Figo's is press type.
AFAIK Hyundai, Honda also use screw-on types in their cars which looks neat compared to press types of Marutis, Toyotas and Fords.
Quote:
Recently, some stupid begger stole the VW logo on the front grill. So my friend inquired about the cost of the logo and it costs 1750 Rs.
maybe the Logo comes attached to the front grille.
Even Punto's Front Logo costs almost the same as it comes fixed to front upper grille.

Last edited by Daewood : 13th January 2011 at 12:52.
Old 13th January 2011, 13:37   #2032
Senior - BHPian

My comments in line: Hope answers all your doubts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
Are you sure labour cost was 13k.? YES. Very sure.

Figo's set of 4 wheel caps cost the same!!! I am talking about just one wheel cap of Polo, not the full set.
but again Polo's wheel cap is not similar. It's a screw-on type wheras Figo's is press type.
AFAIK Hyundai, Honda also use screw-on types in their cars which looks neat compared to press types of Marutis, Toyotas and Fords.

maybe the Logo comes attached to the front grille. Logo is not attached to the grill. The service person just press-fitted the new logo.
Even Punto's Front Logo costs almost the same as it comes fixed to front upper grille.
Old 16th January 2011, 00:50   #2033
BHPian

Quote:
The car was with VW for more than 10 days with absolutely one-way communication throughout, from my friend' side to VW. VW guys never bothered to call him to update with status of his car nor they ever told him any cost estimates.
Hope you don't mind, but cost estimates is our responsibilty (customer) to get it verified at the time of handing the car to the dealer and also to get an estimate on how much insurance would cover and how much we need to pay. Expecting these informations from dealer may not be too much expectation, but it doesn't happen that way, else better to be prepared for surprises

Quote:

Wheel cap cost is too much! Front Bumper of Polo costs ~2300 INR (20% more than most others, similar to Indica if I am not wrong). Painting is the one that costs almost twice the bumper price and labour cost is attrocious IMO. Still 26K is too much, please check once again with the dealer and ask them to clarify 13K labour cost, price would come down, I believe.

Quote:

Yes, VW logo is a bit of - " Neighbours envy, owner`s pride " sort of thing at least here in Pune and the cost is quite high, we are helpless as Polo owners
Old 19th January 2011, 13:18   #2034
Senior - BHPian

One thing I would like to ask about Polo: why did VW put a Spare Wheel of 14" (whether alloys or steel is immaterial) on the Highline when it is fitted with 15" Wheels as standard? Sounds pretty ridiculous.

I am curious to get feedback especially having got weird responses from the VW dealerships right to the point of saying that it is only a spare wheel not meant to be used, your tyre cannot go bust on highway, the faulty tyres are meant to be repaired and used, the German company has designed it so etc etc, really amazing reasonings I have heard from VW dealerships.
Old 19th January 2011, 13:31   #2035
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
One thing I would like to ask about Polo: why did VW put a Spare Wheel of 14" (whether alloys or steel is immaterial) on the Highline when it is fitted with 15" Wheels as standard? Sounds pretty ridiculous.
I am curious to get feedback especially having got weird responses from the VW dealerships right to the point of saying that it is only a spare wheel not meant to be used, your tyre cannot go bust on highway, the faulty tyres are meant to be repaired and used, the German company has designed it so etc etc, really amazing reasonings I have heard from VW dealerships.
VW has brought the same concept that works abroad, having the spare wheel to a lower size due to ease of handling in fitment of the same. The reasoning is, as you said, is only a fix and need to be changed to the original as soon as possible.

This concept would be difficult to be applied to India and is is legt to be seen how VW would respond to this.

Cheers!
Old 19th January 2011, 13:43   #2036
Senior - BHPian

^^^
The only reason that i can think of would be the cost factor. Even thought the savings might seem very small, in mass production it does help make considerable savings.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 19th January 2011 at 13:44.
Old 19th January 2011, 14:51   #2037
BHPian

Is anyone getting delivery of the Polo 1.6 before Feb 15th. Tornado motors has been pushing delivery date saying VW is not producing the car till 1st week Feb. Im sick of waiting and listening to excuses from the dealer. Also the price of the car is up by 20k on the 1.6 model. Will this be applicable if the car has been booked before the price hike?
Old 19th January 2011, 15:17   #2038
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also the price of the car is up by 20k on the 1.6 model. Will this be applicable if the car has been booked before the price hike
There is an account in facebook as Volkswagen( i guess). From what i read there, VW will honour bookings before the price hike. There are responses where the VW account posted saying they had discussed with dealer to honor the price. Hope it helps.
Old 19th January 2011, 17:49   #2039
BHPian

@VW2010: Thanks, will speak to the dealer on this and find out if i can save on excise.

Does anyone have info on the extended warranty on the polo?
Old 19th January 2011, 18:00   #2040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
We had replaced the FIAT logo on the boot and it costs Rs 650 only. No idea about the front logo.

PS: Yes, we own a Fiat Punto.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks