Team-BHP - Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/76341-volkswagen-polo-test-drive-review-132.html)

To my utter disbelief & dismay, I finally saw what I thought would be inevitable. A Polo Highline shod with 15” JK tires. I had a terrible time with these on my Swift so unsure how they’d fit the bill here!

What options do we have to change?

Michelin - I was unable to find a tire size of 185/60 R15
Good Year - What would you recommend Eagle NCT5, Assurance, DuraPlus?
Continental - Not sure but prima facie what I have read/heard is not encouraging
Yokohama - Are they available in this size?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infantarian (Post 2044967)
Isn't the Logo covered in Insurance?

Lets talk common sense here. Even if the insurance co is willing to reimburse you for a logo, your time spent in procedures (filing claim, following up etc) is surely worth more than 1,600 bucks?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkh (Post 2057417)
Any idea on a solution to the lack of locking mechanism in the polo?

Get an after-market Autocop (or similar) system that auto-locks on the move. The one in my OHC Vtec did just that.

If the Polo logo can be removed with a simple screw-driver, Can we permanently fix it using an adhesive so that its difficult to remove ?

How feasible is to do that ? Any thoughts ?

The logos are stuck on with a special adhesive that as and when it comes off does not peel off the paint. The permanent adhesive will not be so kind on the paint and the aggressor may leave extra scratches in the struggle with the stronger glue.

Some things are best left as they are.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexkrish (Post 2061677)
If the Polo logo can be removed with a simple screw-driver, Can we permanently fix it using an adhesive so that its difficult to remove ?

How feasible is to do that ? Any thoughts ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by khoj (Post 2061711)
The logos are stuck on with a special adhesive that as and when it comes off does not peel off the paint. The permanent adhesive will not be so kind on the paint and the aggressor may leave extra scratches in the struggle with the stronger glue.

The Logo does not stick on the painted part, it sticks to the plastic grille and has a kind of honeycomb base. The adhesive is applied to the circumference of the Logo. However, if we try to fix it permanently, there are chances that the grill might break if the robber is desperate. So rightly said, just leave it as it is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khoj (Post 2061711)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infantarian (Post 2062342)
The Logo does not stick on the painted part, it sticks to the plastic grille and has a kind of honeycomb base. The adhesive is applied to the circumference of the Logo. However, if we try to fix it permanently, there are chances that the grill might break if the robber is desperate. So rightly said, just leave it as it is.

I am more worried about the extra damages done while stealing - rather than the Logo itself. :eek:

Until the car is delivered, we have one headache. After it is delivered, we have an other one!! This one is bigger then the first one!!! rl:

Guys does Polo petrol have upshift indicator arrow in the MID (like Vento)?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower (Post 2062533)
Guys does Polo petrol have upshift indicator arrow in the MID (like Vento)?

No they have it only on the Polo diesel, not on Petrol variants.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chethan B G (Post 2062456)
Until the car is delivered, we have one headache. After it is delivered, we have an other one!! This one is bigger then the first one!!! rl:

True Chetan. We would have to worry about the car each time we park the car somewhere. Might be, this thought would also make us park the car in a safe area.

Really man, I never had this fear or worry with my WagonR in the entire 5 years of its usage. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2059262)
Get an after-market Autocop (or similar) system that auto-locks on the move. The one in my OHC Vtec did just that.

GTO- A request. Since you would probably have some contacts at VW through your test drives and oher interactions. Could you check and see if VW also plans to bring in aftermarket Keyless Systems like AutoCop or atleast certify that systems like AutoCOP can be used . Fiat Did the same for the Punto active versions. VW has been pretty hard about telling prospective customers that any additional electronic or electrical additions is against its warranty terms

All my trials to get an answer from VW has not borne fruit. Since you are if I may say a little more influential than a regular person with the wonderful work you are doing with Team-BHP i thought i could request you to use your good books to get a good answer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sreedotk (Post 2062687)
if VW also plans to bring in aftermarket Keyless Systems like AutoCop or atleast certify that systems like AutoCOP can be used

Checked with VW Pune a month back and I was told that Remote central lock (Autocop) is in pipeline and would be available through dealer. Testing is going on but it would take some more time as everybody in VW it seems got busy with Vento :). GTOs confirmation would he helpful as I am also waiting for it.

@ GTO
Have you driven 1.6 POLO ? How does it score as compared to the 1.2?
and polo 1.6 is only available in Highline ? or in other variants also?

Red + Big wheels + Tints = Personality. Stunning looker.

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-14072010314.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2063320)
Red + Big wheels + Tints = Personality. Stunning looker.

Attachment 420930

Is this picture taken opposite the agiyari down Hughes road? Did you manage to get a look at what tyres were on that car?

Are Polo's available through CSD facility ? Has anybody checked on it ?