Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2010, 23:30   #1921
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
With 100% city driving, 100% AC on and a lot of short trips, I am getting 12.5 kpl on my Polo Diesel Trendline. I have done only 1700 kms so far, so the mileage may improve in the future. Sure hope so - I was expecting at least 14 kpl.
I do have wider tyres similar to those of the highline (18560R15) by installing after-market alloys and have inflated tyres only as much as recommended in the owner's manual (not even a bit of over-inflation). These things may also have a part to play, though I am not sure.
84.monsoon - Your usage is very less. Diesel engines need to warm up a bit, to attain the best performance in terms of FE. Very short trips will not get us a good FE.

On the other hand, if you drive very less - You should not be worried about FE. I get a feeling that Petrol car would have been better for you.
Old 18th August 2010, 15:37   #1922
BHPian

Transfer of bookings

Guys,

I have booked a Polo HL at hyderabad and now we are planning to shift to Bangalore, though not immediately. There is still a 2.5 months of waiting period for the car to arrive, but if i get the car delivered in hyderabad, and then move on to Bangalore, i would have to undergo the whole process of shifting, paying taxes again in bangalore and managing the police etc..

Instead, is it possible to transfer the booking from one dealer to another and take the delivery of the car in bangalore ? If so, whats the procedure or charges if any ?

Please help!
Old 18th August 2010, 15:54   #1923
BHPian

In my case the dealership of dealer got cancelled so I had to transfer my booking to another dealer. But the delivery of the car got delayed by one month.

If you want to transfer the booking then you need to ask VW if they can give you same priority. Otherwise you can always cancel the booking with first dealer and book with dealer in Bangalore as still 2.5 months waiting period is still on delivery. I am sure the dealer would be eager to refund you all the booking amount.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkrish View Post
Guys,

I have booked a Polo HL at hyderabad and now we are planning to shift to Bangalore, though not immediately. There is still a 2.5 months of waiting period for the car to arrive, but if i get the car delivered in hyderabad, and then move on to Bangalore, i would have to undergo the whole process of shifting, paying taxes again in bangalore and managing the police etc..

Instead, is it possible to transfer the booking from one dealer to another and take the delivery of the car in bangalore ? If so, whats the procedure or charges if any ?

Please help!
Old 18th August 2010, 16:15   #1924
BHPian

I just called up the SP at hyderabad and he told me that they cannot transfer the booking from one dealer to another and that i have to cancel it and make a fresh booking with the new dealer. Obviously, the waiting period will also increase. Mine is a 18 days old booking, so I would have to dream about the car for one more month.

Polo owners-to-be in bangalore, Whats the general waiting period in Bangalore?
From the VW india website, I saw 3 VW dealerships in bangalore. Which dealer would you suggest ? Here in hyderabad, i didnt have a choice. :(
Old 18th August 2010, 17:15   #1925
Senior - BHPian

Saw a Pepper Grey Polo (petrol) today at the RTO office. Looks quite good. I felt it's almost similar to the grey color offered for the Figo.
Old 18th August 2010, 17:22   #1926
BHPian

Quote:
Polo owners-to-be in bangalore, Whats the general waiting period in Bangalore?
From the VW india website, I saw 3 VW dealerships in bangalore. Which dealer would you suggest ? Here in hyderabad, i didnt have a choice. :(
Delivery schedules are the same as everywhere - around 4 months.
I guess that VW Downtown is a better place to get the car from - it's centrally located and most of the folks here in t-bhp have got their cars from there.

Don't try out VW Palace Cross - lots of bad reports in t-bhp.
Old 18th August 2010, 18:17   #1927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Looks nice, but it seems only the darker blue is available for vento :(
That's a darn shame. VW have these teasingly similar (yet different) shades in each of their modesl. I saw the blue Passat, Jetta & the Polo all at one time and all so close in colour.
Old 18th August 2010, 22:02   #1928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryasanyal View Post
Delivery schedules are the same as everywhere - around 4 months.
I guess that VW Downtown is a better place to get the car from - it's centrally located and most of the folks here in t-bhp have got their cars from there.

Don't try out VW Palace Cross - lots of bad reports in t-bhp.
I suggest you can go to Elite Motors in case you want to shell out less money and want to give less money to the dealer for 4 months. The booking amount there is only 25k while downtown will ask for 50k but on the flip side it is not centrally located and except one SP George there I am not impressed with others there. I for one am always more comfortable giving out less money till I receive the product.
Old 19th August 2010, 11:36   #1929
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Please help!
Alex, I was in the same boat sometime ago. Unfortunately, the bookings do get cancelled and start afresh. At least that is what they say - maybe you can argue better than I could. I would suggest you talk to sales head Mr Felix at Elite Motors (same management as VW Downtown), he might be able to help you out. If you are flexible about the colour - he might be able to work with some cancellations etc.

Also, in case you havent done so already, do claim your corporate discount - 8 K for TL/CL and 10K for HL. All the best!
Old 19th August 2010, 11:51   #1930
BHPian

In the frame for the window glass to slide in.
there is a paper kind of lining, similar to the ones in jewellery boxes.
I guess it's for better sound insulation, but
wouldn't it get spoiled if water falls on it and gets mixed with the
fine dust partcles already clinging on to it?

Polo owners did you notice it?
Old 19th August 2010, 12:30   #1931
BHPian

Thanks aryasanyal & carfanatic007.

I am planning to cancel the booking from the hyderabad dealer and book the car in bangalore. I would have to lose the booking time of 20 days since my last booking..
Old 19th August 2010, 13:24   #1932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfanatic007 View Post
I suggest you can go to Elite Motors in case you want to shell out less money and want to give less money to the dealer for 4 months. The booking amount there is only 25k while downtown will ask for 50k but on the flip side it is not centrally located and except one SP George there I am not impressed with others there. I for one am always more comfortable giving out less money till I receive the product.
I booked my 1.6 L polo at VW Downtown, few reasons:
1. Theirs was the first dealership to acknowledge that it existed.
2. Regularly followed up with me before booking.
3. Accepted 20K as the booking amount.

... and they keep me posted on the status from time to time over email and phone. Could not ask for more. Elite motors hosur road and Palace cross have been hopeless.

Last edited by luky_13 : 19th August 2010 at 13:26.
Old 19th August 2010, 14:10   #1933
BHPian

Thanks luky_13. That was a good experience you had shared. As always, the collective experience of all team BHP'ians helps. Decided to go with VW Downtown.
Old 20th August 2010, 09:28   #1934
Senior - BHPian

i think most of the lot is going for a highline, since it has all the features and the rest two variants are left far far behind in the feature segment, unlikely i have seen such a huge gap in the feature department in the same car variants,
that is why the highline scores a high, but its coming at a premium price of 6.55 lacs at my place OTR
Old 20th August 2010, 12:10   #1935
BHPian

ruchirtnt, Thats one of the main reasons for the waiting period. VW didn't except such a demand for the HL variant from the Indian customers. I was not actually looking at the highline variant and always thought that some features are useless most of the time.. But when I looked at the Polo variants chart, I directly chose the HL variant even though the price is on the higher side.

My last car was a WagonR Lxi and I thought that Vxi had useless feature.
If VW had spread out the features to the TL/CL variants, I would have opted for the comfortline variant.

@Driver2000, Thanks for the suggestion. Sorry, i missed reading your post.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks