Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2010, 22:53   #1906
BHPian

@S00P, this shop is Auto Marc Accessories nearby Moolchand flyover in Defence colony.
Old 13th August 2010, 17:40   #1907
BHPian

Polo Fuel Efficiency Question.

One of my friends is seriously looking at the polo Diesel. I was trying to dig on the polo's mileage figures for him. On the testdrive section Polo diesel as mileage of 13 odd and 17 odd. This is around a km or 2 less than the segment leaders like swift and Figo. I was expecting it to be more than these 2 and had conveyed the same to my friend few days back(That was just like an educated guess). The individual user reviews also seem to be reporting higher . Could the testdrive section be reporting lower mileage because the cars are relatively new? Appreciate any clarification on this.
Old 13th August 2010, 18:19   #1908
BHPian

Pcture of Glacier Blue Polo

Glacier Blue Polo. I don't think I was able to capture the real colour with the cell phone camera but here it is anyway.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-photo0118.jpg  

Old 13th August 2010, 18:29   #1909
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks nice, but it seems only the darker blue is available for vento :(
Old 13th August 2010, 18:56   #1910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
One of my friends is seriously looking at the polo Diesel. I was trying to dig on the polo's mileage figures for him. On the testdrive section Polo diesel as mileage of 13 odd and 17 odd. This is around a km or 2 less than the segment leaders like swift and Figo. I was expecting it to be more than these 2 and had conveyed the same to my friend few days back(That was just like an educated guess). The individual user reviews also seem to be reporting higher . Could the testdrive section be reporting lower mileage because the cars are relatively new? Appreciate any clarification on this.
Are you referring to MFD reading? If so, please do not go by that.

IMHO, you can expect 14 Kmpl in city, 19 Kmpl on Highway, 17 Kmpl mixed driving condition. All figures with 100% AC.

These things can vary with individual driving habits. But if the same person drives different cars - He can compare the figures. Definitely he will not be disappointed with Polo Tdi FE figures.
Old 13th August 2010, 19:02   #1911
BHPian

@Chethan I am talking about the test drive section of team-bhp. The mileage there is 13 odd and 17 odd for Polo diesel for city and highway respectively. The swift and figo review in this section seem to have higher mileages.

Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Test Drives
Old 16th August 2010, 13:03   #1912
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
With 100% city driving, 100% AC on and a lot of short trips, I am getting 12.5 kpl on my Polo Diesel Trendline. I have done only 1700 kms so far, so the mileage may improve in the future. Sure hope so - I was expecting at least 14 kpl.
I do have wider tyres similar to those of the highline (18560R15) by installing after-market alloys and have inflated tyres only as much as recommended in the owner's manual (not even a bit of over-inflation). These things may also have a part to play, though I am not sure.
Old 16th August 2010, 13:13   #1913
Senior - BHPian

monsoon, that is too low a mileage for a diesel car. Even my petrol Polo is giving 13.xx mileage in nightmarish traffic situation in Bangalore.
Old 16th August 2010, 15:23   #1914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
With 100% city driving, 100% AC on and a lot of short trips, I am getting 12.5 kpl on my Polo Diesel Trendline. I have done only 1700 kms so far, so the mileage may improve in the future. Sure hope so - I was expecting at least 14 kpl.
I do have wider tyres similar to those of the highline (18560R15) by installing after-market alloys and have inflated tyres only as much as recommended in the owner's manual (not even a bit of over-inflation). These things may also have a part to play, though I am not sure.
Hi 84.monsoon , can you please update us with the new pics of the car with aftermarket alloys and tyres ? It will be good if you can share the prices of them too . I searched in your ownership thread but couldnt get the updates cheers
Old 16th August 2010, 17:16   #1915
BHPian

84. monsoon. and Others who have driven the Polo (especially the trendline)

I had a question too. I have booked a polo TL petrol. I am slightly south of 5ft 7 inches. I am concerned about the Height adjust ability(on the seat height adjuster) factor in TL as it does not have one.

50K difference between the models is quite some difference for what i think is not enough value addition as the other add ons are things which i can live without and use the money for some after market kit.

Should i be concerned.

And before some one asks. Yes i have test driven , but it was the high line version and in the 5- 10 mins test drive i could not set the height adjuster to the lowest position. The first test drive itself took a while due the dealer's in efficiency ; it seems he would have his tooth pulled than give me a test drive ( pun intended)

I am under the impression that the TL height set should be some where between the lowest and the highest position.

Last edited by sreedotk : 16th August 2010 at 17:22.
Old 16th August 2010, 17:29   #1916

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreedotk View Post
I am under the impression that the TL height set should be some where between the lowest and the highest position.
You are correct. After driving a Comfortline TDI around for a week, I was concerned that my Petrol Trendline might be problematic with the lack of height adjustment. I'm happy to say that this is not the case. Rest assured that the driving position is perfect. I'm almost 5'10", but with no ***, so you should do fine.

Tushar
Old 16th August 2010, 18:53   #1917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tburman View Post
You are correct. After driving a Comfortline TDI around for a week, I was concerned that my Petrol Trendline might be problematic with the lack of height adjustment. I'm happy to say that this is not the case. Rest assured that the driving position is perfect. I'm almost 5'10", but with no ***, so you should do fine.

Tushar
Thanks a ton for the reply Tushar. 50 K goes a long way in better wheels and audio.

Cheers

Sree
Old 17th August 2010, 13:16   #1918
Senior - BHPian

I went to the Volkswagon showroom for a look at the Polo, it is indeed a terrific car to have, very good space, i am 6'2" tall, and this car has the driver and rear leg space for me at both the ends, price is on a bit upper side (looking at the top variant), is a good car to have and in my opinion if one can afford it, it is better to go for the Highline model.
Old 17th August 2010, 13:24   #1919

Hi all,

Is Vento's front air dam crome grill compatible with Polo ?

I see some difference in the shape of the front grill and fog lamp holders.

Regards,
SiD
Old 17th August 2010, 16:20   #1920
BHPian

Getting my Polo soon

Alright, after weeks of waiting and waiting; I have got my Engine no and Chassis no for the Pearl Black Polo Highline petrol. Insurance/ registration in progress now, hopefully delivery will happen later this week. Have some big shot visitors in my office too - so that adds to the delivery scheduling problems!

Interestingly - wildon has pulled out magic with the VIN number of the car - has given me a complete list of equipment. Wonder how he did it (do magicians reveal there tricks)?

Waiting impatiently for the delivery to happen now!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks