Team-BHP - Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/76341-volkswagen-polo-test-drive-review-118.html)

Guys did you book the car in the name of your company to get the corporate discount. When a friend of mine asked a dealer for corporate discount in Kolhapur, he said that the car needs to be purchased in the name of the company.Is this true ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediKnight (Post 1986854)
Guys did you book the car in the name of your company to get the corporate discount. When a friend of mine asked a dealer for corporate discount in Kolhapur, he said that the car needs to be purchased in the name of the company.Is this true ?

That's bullshit. Ask your friend to give the dealer a piece of his mind. It's amazing what these dealers come up with.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediKnight (Post 1986854)

@ JediKnight: That is not true at all. You need to be an employee of a company that has been registered with VW. You can buy the car whichever way you like, by lease or financing. And yes, it can be in your name.

Unfortunately not too many corporates in India are registered with VW. One good way to find out is if there are existing VW Passats or Jettas in your organization.

Don't know what VW's requirements are but I think the organization should have a few thousand people. If you wish, you could get your Facilities team to write to VW.

Unfortunately, this is not my car. Car is in transit hopefully would be able to get delivered by weekend. I have attached accessories price list from VW. HU comes with only front speakers as you can see. I had compared with after market HU. For instance, Kenwood Double din costs around Rs. 20K however, you can get same at Rs. 8200.00 from outside and cost of front two speakers are 1500 that makes Rs. 9700.00. The only problem installing the ICE from outside comes from coupler to connect antennae while HU can easily be connected with couplers available in market. The pricing of HU are extravagantly over priced.

IMO Car Cover, Mud Flap, Mats, Door Sill plates which looks cool can be purchased from VW. Seat Covers however can be auto form which are provide better aesthetics than VW provided seat covers.

Reverse parking sensors only produces beep beep sound when threshold limit of back distance with obstruction is crossed. IMO, they are pretty useless but can be installed considering poor rear view.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvonA7 (Post 1986066)
Congrats Subaro123 on your Polo.
Have you installed any of these kenwood systems. How is the sound quality for the 4 speakers in the pics. These are the same sets that is supplied by VW Pune as well, yet to hear the sound. I am told that the Kenwood`s comes with 4 speaker and prices inclusive of installation charges. May be you can confirm with your dealer once more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subaro123 (Post 1987302)

Reverse parking sensors only produces beep beep sound when threshold limit of back distance with obstruction is crossed. IMO, they are pretty useless but can be installed considering poor rear view.

The more you use the reverse parking sensor, the more you will become impressed with it. I don't know about the Polo but the reverse parking sensors are brilliant on the Innova, very helpful.

I took my car for a routine check up on Thursday and was impressed with the overall services. Today I got a call from VW asking for customer feedback and rating the services. First, I was asked if I am satisfied with the car's overall performance or not, I answered yes (dont know what they mean by performance..I guess its if you have any niggles as such?..) Then they asked me to rate the service on the scale of 10..1-7 means poor, 8 and 9 means good and 10 means excellent. I rated 8 and said that I would be happy to give more after the first service if the quality of services remains consistent.

Half an hour later, I got a call from the dealership asking for feedback and was asked similar questions and a rating on the scale of 10, I gave same feedback. After the feedback, the lady said, "Sir, you will get a feedback call from VW and I believe you will give same feedback to them since you are satisfied with the services". I told her that I have already recieved a call from VW and have given same feedback. She said thanks so much:).

VW seriously keeping track of after sales services...?clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by adimicra (Post 1986849)
Surprising is even 6 months after the launch, they don't have parts/accessories like remote lock and parcel tray .. the dealership said it will be available in 2-3 months but no commitment and also they do not know the prices...how dumb is that? VW is spending hell lot of money in advertising and promotions but they should focus more on improving the situation at ground.. these things do not give confidence to the potential 'polo' buyers in terms of availability of spares and ***

This is what it is with all the dealerships and I believe it will be same for VW. The dealerships have to buy the spare parts from the company and products such as remote lock and parcel tray can be left as dead stock if there is no demand. So, most dealerships order the same when required. First parts after a car launch that reaches dealership are service parts (filters, oils etc); accidental repair parts (head lights, tail lights, doors fenders, radiator, condensor etc), About a year later, the dealership orders for suspension parts and other wear and tear parts, brake pads..brake shoes.

I believe if the required part which is not a consumable or a regular demanded item can be delivered in couple of days, its fine.

Another strange thing happened in the Hyderabad dealership - I called up and confirmed that a test drive car is available before going there. When I went there, they said no petrol-car is available for test drive. I said to the SA that I clearly remember seeing a petrol TD car. He said " Sir, it was there but since we sold the display car, we put the test drive car as the display car".. I was shocked to hear this - How can they sell a display car ? Is it legal?

The display car certainly can be sold, its a new car and not driven. However, its not legal to sell a test drive vehicle. But, since the test drive car was put on display, there's nothing wrong in it.

Then I said, when will the petrol TD car be available. He said "tomorrow" and promised to call and inform me. When I did not get any call the next day, I called myself and they said it will take one week to have the petrol TD car available!
That's the end of my association with VW!

A test drive car should have been there, its wrong on dealers part!

@Subaro123, get the accessories from outside, everything from ICE to Car Cover, Mud Flap and Mats (fabric and plastic) are atrociously priced. the antenna coupler should be available soon, the thing is VW has bought all the inventory from Kenwood and the supplier isnt left with any stock to supply to after market.

Quote:

@Subaro123, get the accessories from outside, everything from ICE to Car Cover, Mud Flap and Mats (fabric and plastic) are atrociously priced. the antenna coupler should be available soon, the thing is VW has bought all the inventory from Kenwood and the supplier isnt left with any stock to supply to after market.
@Gaurav, I don't mind getting it from outside, could you provide me address of outside vendors for accessories in delhi. Where did you get your accessories from?

Quote:

Originally Posted by imp! (Post 1987407)
The more you use the reverse parking sensor, the more you will become impressed with it. I don't know about the Polo but the reverse parking sensors are brilliant on the Innova, very helpful.

Absolutely right, using this in my Scorpio for the last 2 years now, and the system is really effective with loud beeps and display of distance to impact that you can forget about looking back (literally)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 (Post 1987581)
I took my car for a routine check up on Thursday and was impressed with the overall services. Today I got a call from VW asking for customer feedback and rating the services. First, I was asked if I am satisfied with the car's overall performance or not, I answered yes (dont know what they mean by performance..I guess its if you have any niggles as such?..) Then they asked me to rate the service on the scale of 10..1-7 means poor, 8 and 9 means good and 10 means excellent. I rated 8 and said that I would be happy to give more after the first service if the quality of services remains consistent.

Half an hour later, I got a call from the dealership asking for feedback and was asked similar questions and a rating on the scale of 10, I gave same feedback. After the feedback, the lady said, "Sir, you will get a feedback call from VW and I believe you will give same feedback to them since you are satisfied with the services". I told her that I have already recieved a call from VW and have given same feedback. She said thanks so much.
VW seriously keeping track of after sales services...?.

Great to know that, it will be the After Sales which will make a company successful. Just to refresh memories, with Fiat despite its brilliant cars today, people still have the mind block regarding after sales service (though the present experience with the Tata Fiat Dealership while on TD is amazing)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chethan B G (Post 1986694)
This one is surprising! But, steering in Diesel Polo is well calibrated. I did not face any problem.

Hydraulic steering: Uses a hydraulic system to turn the vehicle's wheels. The hydraulic pressure is provided by a pump (power assist) driven by the vehicle's engine. Lowers FE.

Electric - Hydraulic steering: Same as Hydraulic steering, but uses a motor to provide pressure (power assist) instead of a belt driven by the engine. Practically the best.

Electric steering: Uses sensors to verify the position of the steering wheel and there by drives a motor (primarily driven by motor and so, no question of power assist). No hydraulics used. Motor damping & sensitivity has to be right. Otherwise feels super light like a play-station.

IMHO, It is fine not to have a Power assisted steering for cars around 800 Kgs. But for cars above 1000 Kgs, it is comfortable to have one.

So another maintenance point...the Oil in the Electric Hydraulic Steering. The SP at VW said that all variants had an Electric PS..new learning for me today.

The "proximity warning" (it works all round) on my cousin's Audi in UK is a bit annoying. He lives in a rural area, so is often quite close to rocky road edges or other cars in normal driving.

His friend's Lexus has a video display of the rear, with the projected track of the car computed and superimposed on it. That is pretty neat!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 1989146)
The "proximity warning" (it works all round) on my cousin's Audi in UK is a bit annoying. He lives in a rural area, so is often quite close to rocky road edges or other cars in normal driving.

His friend's Lexus has a video display of the rear, with the projected track of the car computed and superimposed on it. That is pretty neat!

Hi Thad,

Seriously OT, but the "projected track" should be made mandatory for all cars sold in India. Some uses I can think of are:

1. Plot a course through a horde of cows, buffaloes or sometimes even goats in Bangalore.
2. Determine whether you can actually move ahead without stepping on the toes of some of the bike drivers who just squeezed past your car.
3. Especially on the Mysore highway & TN, a special projected track with radar so that we know when a villager or moped driver is jumping into the vehicle in front or on your side.

This will definitely reduce a lot of accidents and arguments.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chethan B G (Post 1986694)
This one is surprising! But, steering in Diesel Polo is well calibrated. I did not face any problem.

I am wondering if its a typo. Its simply does not makes sense to have 2 different types of steering systems in this era of platform sharing. Could you check under the hood to confirm?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower (Post 1989355)
I am wondering if its a typo. Its simply does not makes sense to have 2 different types of steering systems in this era of platform sharing. Could you check under the hood to confirm?

The Fabia comes with electro hydraulic still, checking Autocar UK for the 1.2 petrol, it says the steering is electro hydraulic on the Polo V

Volkswagen Polo - Autocar.co.uk

It could be that the diesel Polo was intended to be offered only as Bluemotion and we get therefore the other associated bits of that car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by indivic (Post 1989413)
The Fabia comes with electro hydraulic still, checking Autocar UK for the 1.2 petrol, it says the steering is electro hydraulic on the Polo V

Volkswagen Polo - Autocar.co.uk

It could be that the diesel Polo was intended to be offered only as Bluemotion and we get therefore the other associated bits of that car.

Could not edit my previous post, as per VW Germany, the steering is electro hydraulic across all models, so indeed it appears to be a typo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by indivic (Post 1989413)

but does the bluemotion have EPS or EHPS??