Team-BHP - Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/76341-volkswagen-polo-test-drive-review-113.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nayaksrinivasv (Post 1970639)
Has anyone till now received blue or Grey Polo. VW Pune is saying that the production of these colors has not started. A friend of mine has booked the same in March end. Still no answers from VW on when they are giving the car.

I had booked Pepper Grey in April. The dealer has told me that my car would come in mid-August. And even he said that VW has only been producing Red, White and Black colors till now. Others start this month.

Looks like you are in same boat as my friend. I see he is really getting eager day by day for the car. I believe the SP should have mentioned that only Red/White are the colors which are being made as of now. When someone books any of these odd color, they should mention these conditions.

This is the message given by VW during the Vento launch about Polo expected deliveries. Wonder, is this arrogance of German technology or commitment to deliver only the best. It is quite depressing.

Words of Mr. Neeraj Garg, Member of Board and Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars

“Immediate ramp-up is definitely not possible right now, because our plans are made accordingly. There will be no change in the short-term. In case we continue to have similar order bookings, we will build much higher capacities as quality gets matured,” he said.

He added, “Waiting period for the Polo is four-six months. Whatever commitments we make to the customer, we've been able to honour that. There have been few cancellations by customers — around 30 to 40 from time to time.”

Mr Garg further said that if the demand for the Vento proves to be as high, a similar order backlog may get created leading to large waiting periods.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nayaksrinivasv (Post 1970770)
Looks like you are in same boat as my friend. I see he is really getting eager day by day for the car. I believe the SP should have mentioned that only Red/White are the colors which are being made as of now. When someone books any of these odd color, they should mention these conditions.

I have seen a silver polo near Fatima Nagar 2 weeks back. Didn`t notice the registration no. but it was silver colour.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvonA7 (Post 1970876)
I have seen a silver polo near Fatima Nagar 2 weeks back. Didn`t notice the registration no. but it was silver colour.

Same here , i have seen couple of silver polo a month back here in raipur (C.G) .But have not come across a single polo with blue or grey colour !

I have seen a few silvers including two waiting for delivery at the chennai showroom almost a month back. I have never come across a blue or grey.

SE said that 8/10 cars booked are either red or white with an occasional silver or black.

I am seeing lots of Polos nowadays in Chennai, hope the situation is the same in other cities too.

The front part of the car looks good. But somehow the rear to me looks cramped. Not sure, I didnt sit in the car to make a detailed assessment. Guess Vento will address this part.

I am not sure if this is just me or someone else feels the same. Whenever a Polo whizzes by me. By looking at the side view, I get confused between Punto and the Polo, Its only the rear side when the car passes that I realize its a Polo.
Do others also feel the confusion regarding the cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by //M (Post 1967209)
Is VW going to launch the 1.6 diesel on the Polo anytime soon?

Just got off the phone with VW Pune sales head - Polo 1.6 expected 3rd week July clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jogidada (Post 1973232)
Just got off the phone with VW Pune sales head - Polo 1.6 expected 3rd week July clap:

Correction - Dealer now says its the petrol and not the diesel. But the timeframe is confirmed. This should be the next hot hatch... to take the place of the Palio 1.6 maybe?

I called up VW Chennai dealership. They said Polo 1.6 booking is open now and car will be available for test drive in August. They also indicated a on road price between 7 to 8 lakhs. I am interested in booking Polo 1.6, but not before taking a test drive and knowing the price...

Quote:

Originally Posted by altius (Post 1975847)
I called up VW Chennai dealership. They said Polo 1.6 booking is open now and car will be available for test drive in August. They also indicated a on road price between 7 to 8 lakhs. I am interested in booking Polo 1.6, but not before taking a test drive and knowing the price...

Dealer here at my place told me that the 1.6 will be some 40k more then the 1.2 highline , and delivery will start by first week august .

Its the same 1.6 heart in polo which will be offered in Vento?

Is the ARAI figure out for the 1.6 petrol ?

Have booked Polo 1.6 , and was searching through the internet about the engine and ARAI figures . Got this ACI link about the Polo 1.6

Polo 1.6 petrol here in October | Autocar India

According to ACI delivery will only start by Oct , whereas dealer here told me i'll get the vehicle by Last week of August . :eek:

Is the Polo TDI engine tuner friendly? Any idea if a Pete's box or a similar tuning box is available for this engine, or does this engine not support such mods?

Interested in the 1.6 Petrol, any confirmation on when the deliveries start.

Quote:

Originally Posted by agm (Post 1978881)
Have booked Polo 1.6 , and was searching through the internet about the engine and ARAI figures . Got this ACI link about the Polo 1.6

Polo 1.6 petrol here in October | Autocar India

According to ACI delivery will only start by Oct , whereas dealer here told me i'll get the vehicle by Last week of August . :eek:

agm, my friend told me that he is going to get his polo 1.6 HL on July last week.
Good news is Price differnce is just 30k. i have seen the quote