Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2010, 18:55   #1666

Was at DT Cinemas, Chandigarh a few weeks back and Genuss Motors had organized a Polo show there. What a sight it was....simply Awesome!!
I captured a few clips for you guys. Hoping to add few more Polo fans

(Low bandwidth version)
Old 4th July 2010, 21:45   #1667
BHPian

Hi Sidzpolo,
Welcome to Team-BHP.
Excellent first post
The POLO promotion you captured is really great, VW is doing a great job in marketing the product, only if it could match the demand for its cars
This is similar to the POLO cup here in Pune, highlighting various aspects of the cars like handling etc, which looks brilliant - even though the person driving the cars are professionals !
Noticed one thing - the rear tyres doesn`t have wheel covers, why is it so...any idea? Promotion event should not have these discrepancies.
Old 4th July 2010, 22:16   #1668

Here's another video from the same promotion event...

@Avon- They used petrol highline model in the event, which means all four wheels should have been on alloys. But I found alloys only on front side, rear were normal rims....Even I don't know the logic behind this!
Old 4th July 2010, 22:43   #1669
Senior - BHPian

Nice vid! Are those stunts done using a 1.2 or 1.6?? If it's using the 1.2L 3-pot then I'm really amazed!!
Old 4th July 2010, 22:53   #1670
BHPian

@theragingbull:
Dude, this is called Bootleg turn and a pretty common driving skill. This has nothing to do with the engine power. mostly handling and driving skill. I saw this many times (especially done by those school kids) in the US and even tried once with my indica xeta
Old 5th July 2010, 00:25   #1671
Senior - BHPian

Great stuff SidzPolo, loved the vids!

The more I look at the polo, the more I love it! Hope to book the 1.6 version soon
Old 5th July 2010, 00:44   #1672
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidzPolo View Post
@Avon- They used petrol highline model in the event, which means all four wheels should have been on alloys. But I found alloys only on front side, rear were normal rims....Even I don't know the logic behind this!
since they were on normal rims means they would probably have thinner tyres, which would mean less grip for the rear wheels. that would make sliding the car easier. if you notice its the rear wheels doing most of the sliding.
Old 5th July 2010, 10:21   #1673
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Is VW going to launch the 1.6 diesel on the Polo anytime soon?
Old 5th July 2010, 16:50   #1674
BHPian

Got my tyvek cover for the Polo replaced. Though They took over a month since I first brought it to their attention regarding the cover being short. VW dealer in Pune called up last Saturday and now the cover fits snugly. I am happy with the new cover. See before and after pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-dsc03640.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-dsc03641.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-dsc03664.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-dsc03665.jpg  

Old 5th July 2010, 17:30   #1675
Senior - BHPian

@Logical how much did you get the tyvek color for? And where is your ownership thread dude? You've got a beautiful white Polo!
Old 5th July 2010, 20:26   #1676

I would like to thank this forum of Team-BHP and specially to Subaro123. Subaro123 was the first to let me know that Kashyap Vehicles dealership was cancelled by VW, he was kind enough to post the notice that appeared in the newspapers (in Mumbai). Subaro123 and I have been constant touch during the changeover from the cancelled dealer to a new one as advised by VW.
However I am surprised that VW is sparing no efforts at all in messing up their customer base both current and potential. VW misjudged the demand, which can happen in a market like India. But not to reach out to its faithful customer base is simply suicidal. I wish I could write in directly to their superiors. If anyone can post email-id or phone number of anyone at the senior management at VW, I would be grateful.
Old 6th July 2010, 17:56   #1677
BHPian

Planning to book a White Polo Diesel Comfortline from Cochin in next 2 weeks.
Old 6th July 2010, 20:41   #1678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipc View Post
However I am surprised that VW is sparing no efforts at all in messing up their customer base both current and potential. VW misjudged the demand, which can happen in a market like India. But not to reach out to its faithful customer base is simply suicidal. I wish I could write in directly to their superiors. If anyone can post email-id or phone number of anyone at the senior management at VW, I would be grateful.
Please check the below link - 2nd post from top, keep this thread updated if any response :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...livered-5.html
Old 7th July 2010, 10:19   #1679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
@Logical how much did you get the tyvek color for? And where is your ownership thread dude? You've got a beautiful white Polo!
The cover cost me 2650 Rs. Havent been able to start the thread keeping busy and am inherently lazy, but to sum I am more than happy with the purchase dont regret one bit and thoroughly enjoying the vehicle.
Old 7th July 2010, 11:34   #1680
BHPian

Glacier blue or Pepper grey Polo

Has anyone till now received blue or Grey Polo. VW Pune is saying that the production of these colors has not started. A friend of mine has booked the same in March end. Still no answers from VW on when they are giving the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks