Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2010, 22:52   #1651
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
But isnt what exactly Ford did, and its still going great with good sales figures.
Imagine the press release when VW presenting , 1.2 Petrol, 1.4 TDCi ad 1.6 Petrol and Vento all launches in a single shot.

With the kind of production crunch VW is in, I shudder to think what would have happened if they had launched all the cars at once. As it is, they are probably the worst when it comes to waiting times. The Swift/Dezire diesel duo had similar wait times, but that was mainly due to the constraint in engine numbers.
Old 1st July 2010, 22:59   #1652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
The Swift/Dezire diesel duo had similar wait times, but that was mainly due to the constraint in engine numbers.
Hi Amartya,
Can you please explain this sentence of constraint due to engine numbers.
Sorry, I am not an expert about cars, but it is not clear to me.

But with my little knowledge, what I am not able to understand is - how come Maruti being no.1 car manufacturer in India with Swift more 5+years Old can have upto 4 months waiting period for certain models.
Old 2nd July 2010, 00:01   #1653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Hi Amartya,
Can you please explain this sentence of constraint due to engine numbers.
Sorry, I am not an expert about cars, but it is not clear to me.

But with my little knowledge, what I am not able to understand is - how come Maruti being no.1 car manufacturer in India with Swift more 5+years Old can have upto 4 months waiting period for certain models.
My mistake, it is confusing.

Well, the diesel engines are manufactured under license (from Fiat) at their diesel engine plant in Manesar. It's functions under the banner, Suzuki Powertrain India Limited and the factory has an installed capacity of 100,000 engines a year. The Swift and Dezire engines hit that capacity restriction fairly early (I guess the Ritz eats up a part too). Since, it is under license, it is that much more complicated to increase production.

Thanks for pointing out that the post was unclear.
Old 2nd July 2010, 09:49   #1654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
VW Downtown Bangalore & VW Hosur Road are the same company, Elite Motors Pvt Ltd. But the difference is - all big guys will be operating from Downtown, since it is their HO. All cars are delivered from Downtown. IMO it is better to book at Downtown. In my case, car allotted to Hosur road branch was allotted to me, even though I had booked at Downtown. You got the point?

This is my personal opinion. I request you not to get offended.

Theragingbull, do you really think that you will require 1.6? Will it have any advantage practically? Will 1.2 not serve your purpose? - unless you love to have that extra power.

I am saying this because - With the Petrol rate moving north, it will cost you more money to run the car, even when you do not require that extra power. If you are driving in regular circumstances 90% of the time, and you like to have additional power 10% of the time - IMHO it is a waste to go for 1.6.

With the subsidy removed, there will be an increase of approximately 38 paise per liter for Petrol/Diesel, with every 1$/barrel raise in crude oil prices, calculated at the current exchange rates.

Present crude oil rate is approximately $76 / barrel. We all know that it had gone up to $140 / barrel in 2008. Conservatively, if you assume that it will stabilize at $100/barrel, the cost of Petrol/Diesel will be up by Rs.9 approximately. Again - This is at the present exchange rate.

IMHO People who look at higher capacity engine, should also consider this point. It is a waste to have the car and then worry each time it is taken out.
Exactly Chethan. My friend has a Vista (diesel) and whenever we plan a long distance trip, it is mostly the Vista which works. Though I enjoy driving my Palio, its practicality which prevails here. I would rather invest my money in assets that appreciate in the long term and then have a ball at a later stage in my life than having a ball now and be left only with balls to play around with when I retire.. Just a personal opinion.
Old 2nd July 2010, 16:55   #1655
BHPian

(Longish, rambling first post on this forum)

First of all, a big THANK YOU to all participants and moderators of this forum. I have personally used a lot of information here in my recent car related decisions. Great job all, keep it up.

I love driving. I have driven in a lot of geographies, and a lot of cars. Ownership/extended driving experience of various vehicles - the Premier Padmini to a Camry, Zen to i20, Scorpio to Pajero and Pathfinder.

As you can probably guess, I am a Polo admirer. Briefly toyed with the idea of using PoloFan as my nickname, but this could cause confusion with PoloMan, hence chose a more generic driving related name. Have read various comparison threads about features versus price versus performance - to be frank, I like the Polo instinctively. And looking at the size and contribution of posts - this vehicle seems to be a cult vehicle - on the likes of the Bullet, the Scorpio and so on.

Have booked my my Polo highline, and having the lovely discussions with the SP about possibly better options, if I delay the delivery of the vehicle. Apparently, the 1.6 is available for delivery end Sept, and the Vento is expected to be launched in a similar timeframe. All of these are being used by the SP to try and delay my Polo... we shall see how this battle proceeds!

Will keep contributing with interesting tid bits and excerpts as I get them! Welcome to the club, eh?
Old 2nd July 2010, 17:50   #1656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver2000 View Post
(Longish, rambling first post on this forum)

First of all, a big THANK YOU to all participants and moderators of this forum. I have personally used a lot of information here in my recent car related decisions. Great job all, keep it up.

I love driving. I have driven in a lot of geographies, and a lot of cars. Ownership/extended driving experience of various vehicles - the Premier Padmini to a Camry, Zen to i20, Scorpio to Pajero and Pathfinder.

As you can probably guess, I am a Polo admirer. Briefly toyed with the idea of using PoloFan as my nickname, but this could cause confusion with PoloMan, hence chose a more generic driving related name. Have read various comparison threads about features versus price versus performance - to be frank, I like the Polo instinctively. And looking at the size and contribution of posts - this vehicle seems to be a cult vehicle - on the likes of the Bullet, the Scorpio and so on.

Have booked my my Polo highline, and having the lovely discussions with the SP about possibly better options, if I delay the delivery of the vehicle. Apparently, the 1.6 is available for delivery end Sept, and the Vento is expected to be launched in a similar timeframe. All of these are being used by the SP to try and delay my Polo... we shall see how this battle proceeds!

Will keep contributing with interesting tid bits and excerpts as I get them! Welcome to the club, eh?
Yeah welcome to the club and its increasing everyday, so which dealer did you book from and when is it expected?
Old 2nd July 2010, 17:59   #1657
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Driver2000. Polo fans are increasing everyday but cars are not forthcoming.
Old 2nd July 2010, 18:40   #1658
BANNED

VW fans, here is the ARAI declared FE data of Diesel Polo,

Manufacturer - Volkswagen India
Vehicle Variant - Polo 1.2 CR
Kerb Weight - 1145
Engine cc - 1199
Emission Stage - BS IV
Fuel Type - Diesel
FE (Kmpl) - 22.1
Old 2nd July 2010, 22:21   #1659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfanatic007 View Post
Yeah welcome to the club and its increasing everyday, so which dealer did you book from and when is it expected?
Thanks carfanatic007. I have booked mine at Elite in Bangalore. I have been assured delivery sometime in August... and now have been reading Chethan's post about cars being delivered at the Downtown. Am hoping my car makes it safely. My SP assures me that since its on a corporate lease, it will be accorded due 'priority', and in the same breath asks me to delay the delivery to take the 1.6. Am a little tempted for sure, and my SP is playing it well - as I said, we shall continue playing this game

My reason for booking the highline: SP said it will come at the same time as any other (well, well). And I looked at the feature list as compared to the comfortline - audio, ABS, Alloys, fatter tires etc, seemed quite VFM if you added the cost of all these features as extras over the CL. And the nifty lil doorkey is a sweetener. Most importantly, and this goes back to my earlier fact - the car inspires confidence. I am, at this moment, confident enough that if I pay extra for some features, they will be quite worth it - coming from the VW stable. Time shall tell!
Old 2nd July 2010, 23:56   #1660
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks carfanatic007. I have booked mine at Elite in Bangalore. I have been assured delivery sometime in August... and now have been reading Chethan's post about cars being delivered at the Downtown. Am hoping my car makes it safely. My SP assures me that since its on a corporate lease, it will be accorded due 'priority', and in the same breath asks me to delay the delivery to take the 1.6. Am a little tempted for sure, and my SP is playing it well - as I said, we shall continue playing this game

My reason for booking the highline: SP said it will come at the same time as any other (well, well). And I looked at the feature list as compared to the comfortline - audio, ABS, Alloys, fatter tires etc, seemed quite VFM if you added the cost of all these features as extras over the CL. And the nifty lil doorkey is a sweetener. Most importantly, and this goes back to my earlier fact - the car inspires confidence. I am, at this moment, confident enough that if I pay extra for some features, they will be quite worth it - coming from the VW stable. Time shall tell!
Congrats! When did you book? My Dealer told me today that i should expect delivery only by end September (booked on 12th June) for my highline petrol.

A friend of mine is still waiting for his petrol highline having booked on the 8th of march!

Just get the feeling a delivery in August may be a bit optimistic (assuming that you booked recently). Anyway, good luck and i hope i am wrong !!!
Old 3rd July 2010, 11:18   #1661
BHPian

Has anyone booked their polo in chennai and waiting for delivery. i had booked a diesel highline in march and I still haven't got the car. The dealer says that VW haven't billed the car to them yet hence they are unable to give the car. I was suppossed to get in on june 25th, but then they said july 1st week. But now they say its possible only in mid july. Its very frustrating. Any suggestions on what I should do ??
Old 3rd July 2010, 11:34   #1662
Senior - BHPian

Excellent Review GTO, seems to be an excellent car if people can have them driving on the road .

I guess the interiors would be the same for the Vento, so the review would stand good to help me decide on the the plunge for my first sedan (1st Hatch - Wagon R, 2nd SUV - Scorpio, 3rd Sedan - ?).

But going by the comments below the wait time is really long for the VW cars.
Old 3rd July 2010, 23:41   #1663
Senior - BHPian

I am waiting for some more Polos run on Chennai roads and want to know the performance with more reviews. Then the draw back is that there is only two service centers in Tamilnadu. ANy idea about the cost of running spares and accessories.As well as body accessories like bumper, Side mirror,R V Mirrors etc.
Old 4th July 2010, 01:29   #1664
BHPian

Congrats driver2000 for the booking.

Quote:
and now have been reading Chethan's post about cars being delivered at the Downtown. Am hoping my car makes it safely.
What is wrong with the delivery?
Old 4th July 2010, 08:34   #1665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
I am waiting for some more Polos run on Chennai roads and want to know the performance with more reviews. Then the draw back is that there is only two service centers in Tamilnadu. ANy idea about the cost of running spares and accessories.As well as body accessories like bumper, Side mirror,R V Mirrors etc.
Please refer this link:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...report-16.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks