Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2010, 20:21   #1606
BHPian

Hi,
I have attached the accessories price list which I received from VW Pune.
Please refer attached file and also share if the price matches with your city.

Fog lamps, rear parcel tray, remote locking (auto cop) not included in the list as during Apr`10 the dealer said no information available to them regarding the same. But I guess after 2 1/2 months they must have received the information and prices would be available too.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: xls Accessories List.xls (14.0 KB, 720 views)
Old 29th June 2010, 20:59   #1607
BHPian

Hi All,
This query is not to rub mods or any senior most people in the forum.
Just now finished reading GTO' extensive review of VW polo. Earlier I had read a very extensive review of Fiat Punto too by GTO.
Why don't we see these kind of reviews for any of the Maruti cars?
(1) Is it that they are desi cars. Not worth spending time reviewing
(2) According to experts are all Maruti cars (whether it be Alto - Swift - SX4) = 25 yrs old Maruti.800
(3) Always gets the feeling Maruti owners are more or less considered as second-class car-citizens. (Yes, I have an SX4 and an Estilo. Did I make a mistake?)

I would love to see a reply (hope I don't get flamed).

Thanks,

P.S:- Maybe I didn't browse enough to see these kind of reviews for Maruti cars. Please accept my apologies if that's the case
Old 29th June 2010, 21:58   #1608
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbkr1212 View Post
Hi All,
Just now finished reading GTO' extensive review of VW polo. Earlier I had read a very extensive review of Fiat Punto too by GTO.
(2) According to experts are all Maruti cars (whether it be Alto - Swift - SX4) = 25 yrs old Maruti.800
(3) Always gets the feeling Maruti owners are more or less considered as second-class car-citizens. (Yes, I have an SX4 and an Estilo. Did I make a mistake?)

Thanks,

P.S:- Maybe I didn't browse enough to see these kind of reviews for Maruti cars. Please accept my apologies if that's the case

Well, the detailed reviews by GTO, Rehaan and the mod team is a fairly recent phenomena. Please understand that the detailed reports are from events where the manufacturer took the onus to invite teambhp over for the test drive (indeed a very proud moment for us) or launch ceremonies. Please keep it in mind that teambhp is the same for the mods as it is for us (as in, it's not a job, but rather a hobby)

I will assume that this is the primary reason why we don't have reviews about Maruti's. Secondly, Maruti's are bought by more people almost immediately, and teambhp gets the user reviews fairly quickly. So I don't think this should cause you any grief.

You didn't make any mistake by buying a Maruti, nor are you a second class "car" citizen.

While you might not be flamed, your post can be considered a trifle inflammatory, kindly refrain from accusations (you did a good job or wording the questions, but it is fairly obvious).

Last edited by Amartya : 29th June 2010 at 21:59.
Old 29th June 2010, 22:11   #1609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbkr1212 View Post
Hi All,

Thanks,

FYI...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ght=Test+Drive
Old 29th June 2010, 23:14   #1610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Hi,

Fog lamps, rear parcel tray, remote locking (auto cop) not included in the list as during Apr`10 the dealer said no information available to them regarding the same. But I guess after 2 1/2 months they must have received the information and prices would be available too.

Thanks
Thanks Man, I will try to get details from my dealer
Old 30th June 2010, 00:11   #1611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Hi,

Thanks
Thanks a lot!

By the way, what is BT in Navigation System with BT?

I also didn't catch the prices in the other 3 columns (E, F & G)

The way I see it the following would be necessities:
  • Original Mud Flap 1200
  • Sun Control Film (llumar) 1900
  • Original Carpet Matting set 1075
Rs. 4,175 overall, not bad.

Maybe 1 luxury item as well:
  • Original Parking Sensor 4 eye 4200 (because of the obtrusive rear headrests)
Would the above suffice to get on road? Also would the above be better than the ones I can get from my neighbourhood car accessories shop?
Old 30th June 2010, 09:58   #1612
agm
BHPian

Guys how much FE to expect from 1.6 engine,bumper-to-bumper as well as in the highway?

I'll be booking 1.6 polo ,most probably today .
Old 30th June 2010, 10:30   #1613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
Thanks a lot!

The way I see it the following would be necessities:
  • Original Mud Flap 1200
  • Sun Control Film (llumar) 1900
  • Original Carpet Matting set 1075
BT = Blue Tooth. Probably you can connect your phone to it, but not sure. It may be there for something else as well.

And, I don't see sun control film as a necessity as there is already some kind of tinting or protection coating done on the glasses on all 4 sides to prevent heat entering in.

Even Chetan and poloman are happy with the job those green tints are doing. So, IMO the sun control films should basically be there for privacy.
Old 30th June 2010, 10:39   #1614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Well, the detailed reviews by GTO, Rehaan and the mod team is a fairly recent phenomena. Please understand that the detailed reports are from events where the manufacturer took the onus to invite teambhp over for the test drive (indeed a very proud moment for us) or launch ceremonies.
While you might not be flamed, your post can be considered a trifle inflammatory, kindly refrain from accusations (you did a good job or wording the questions, but it is fairly obvious).
Hello Amartya,
Oh my God, I never intended my post to be an accusation. If the wordings convey that, please accept my sincere apologies(this is to everyone in Team BHP,includng GTO,Rehaan and the whole BHP community.).
I respect this site, mods and everyone a lot. I am new to cars, and am getting to learn a lot about it.I'll never indulge in accusing.

Hope this clears the msunderstanding
Old 30th June 2010, 10:41   #1615
BHPian

What is Door visor set? There is also something called Sunblind (set) Glare and vision protection in the car configurator which costs 19,441/-. Are they something similar?
Old 30th June 2010, 10:44   #1616
BHPian

I suppose BT stands for Bluetooth.

The prices in cols. E, F, G are for the same accessories but different quality. Eg. Sun film are of 4 qulities starting from 1900 to 7200, same with Parking sensor, Carpet Matting and Seat covers.
Also, not included in the list, is rear power windows - 12k.
Old 30th June 2010, 10:50   #1617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
Thanks a lot!

Maybe 1 luxury item as well:
  • Original Parking Sensor 4 eye 4200 (because of the obtrusive rear headrests)
Would the above suffice to get on road? Also would the above be better than the ones I can get from my neighbourhood car accessories shop?
This Navigation system has blue tooth, internal speaker and a microphone. This can be linked to the Mobile phone through BT. But you have to charge it through the 12V socket. You will have wires all over the place. This is something I did not like. It would have been good if it could be coupled with the ICE.

Original parking sensor - does not come with compatible connectors. Wires will have to be skinned. But since you are getting it skinned by the dealer himself, warranty will not be void.

Other wise, IMO it is the same as what you get from your friendly neighborhood Spider-man!! (Just kidding!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm View Post
Guys how much FE to expect from 1.6 engine,bumper-to-bumper as well as in the highway?

I'll be booking 1.6 polo ,most probably today .
Congratulations in advance! IMHO 10-20% less then 1.2L Petrol polo?
Old 30th June 2010, 12:09   #1618
agm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
This Navigation system has blue tooth, internal speaker and a microphone. This can be linked to the Mobile phone through BT. But you have to charge it through the 12V socket. You will have wires all over the place. This is something I did not like. It would have been good if it could be coupled with the ICE.

Original parking sensor - does not come with compatible connectors. Wires will have to be skinned. But since you are getting it skinned by the dealer himself, warranty will not be void.

Other wise, IMO it is the same as what you get from your friendly neighborhood Spider-man!! (Just kidding!)

Congratulations in advance! IMHO 10-20% less then 1.2L Petrol polo?
Thanks Chethan

According to few reports 1.2 petrol polo gives some where around 12km/liter in b-to-b traffic .So , 1.6 should give some where around 10 in the city and at worst 9.5,which is respectable for a 1.6liter engine,but less then that will be a concern !
Old 30th June 2010, 12:33   #1619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm View Post
Thanks Chethan

According to few reports 1.2 petrol polo gives some where around 12km/liter in b-to-b traffic .So , 1.6 should give some where around 10 in the city and at worst 9.5,which is respectable for a 1.6liter engine,but less then that will be a concern !
Congrats agm for that 1.6 killer! I hope you get your set of wheels soon.

Most of the VW engines are fuel efficient engines and you can definitely expect more than 10 kpl.
For 1.2 P, poloman is already posting 13 - 14 kpl with the car being pretty new, with 75% AC on and 75:25 :: City:highway driving. So definitely you will be a happy man.
Old 30th June 2010, 12:43   #1620
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

agm, congrats.! I can vouch for the mileage of Polo, at least the 1.2 P. The actual figure I got was 13.73 for the first fill. This is excellent for a car being driven in city like Bangalore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks